A Visit and a Talk

6 Lovers, 1 Other

YURI POV

“Jessica!” I called out. “Jessica!  SNSD’s going to Suju’s dorm.  Do you want to come?”

“Sure!” Jessica replied.  I smiled but I couldn’t resist teasing her a bit.

“Are you going because of Donghae?” I teased.  Her crush on Donghae was so obvious, she might as well have confessed to him already.  Pretty much everyone knows except for Donghae himself.  He might be romantic but definitely does NOT understanding feelings that well.  It’s slightly annoying.

“Are you going because of Yesung?” She teased back.  Touche.  I have a little crush on Yesung too.  Unfortunately, I could never confess to him.  Ever.

     As we walked over to Suju’s dorm, I thought about Yesung.  He has a great voice, is handsome, charismatic, and very funny when it comes to dancing.  In “Come to Play (Paris)” his dance was really the only one I paid attention to and when I was dancing, I tried really hard to impress him but instead he was talking to Shindong.  I was disappointed.  But this visit will be different!

     “Hi Taeyeon!” said Leeteuk as he opened the dorm door.  “Come in, come in.  Guys, SNSD is here!” 

     I walked in and caught Yesung’s eye.  He smiled at me and waved me over. I smiled to myself and walked over in his direction and waved back at him.

“Hey Yuri!” He greeted.

“Hi Yesung!” I said back.  I offered him a high five and when he was about to make contact with my hand, I withdrew it back into a finger gun.  It’s something we do a lot.  He started it so I had to do it back and since we did so many times, it became a little tradition.  Yesung grinned.

“So I see you have not abandoned the tradition?  Good, good,” he said his imaginary beard.  We laughed at his weirdness.  It was always funny…and charming.

“So how has Suju been?”  I asked, trying to start a conversation.

He beamed.  “We’ve been great!  Performances and practices are going really well.  My only complaint is that Heechul is so lazy.  He has a good reason to after the accident but he’s getting lazier than usual.  It’s a bit irritating.” Heechul was a friend of mine but he was a bit annoying sometimes because he sometimes does things for entertainment rather than do it for his friends.

“Oh really?” I said.  “In what ways?”

“He doesn’t sing on note as well as he used to be, he’s late for his cue or doesn’t even come for it until we remind him.  If that goes on, it could be really embarrassing in a live concert where we are lip synching.”  That would be pretty humiliating.  Imagining it, I saw Heechul’s voice singing on when Heechul wasn’t there and instead inspecting his finger nails.  They could be booed off the stage.  I shuddered at the thought.

“Well maybe you could get Lee Soo Man to talk to him,” I suggested. Yesung beamed at me.

“That’s a great suggestion!  I’ll talk to Leeteuk and ask him if we could do it.  Thanks Yuri!”  Yesung then hugged me.  I blushed at the sudden contact and his warmth but before I could say anything, he walked off to talk to Leeteuk.  I smiled to myself.  If only that hug meant something more than friendship…

“Hi Yuri!”  I turned around and saw Heechul there.

“Oh, hi Heechul,” I greeted back.  He smiled at me.  Suddenly an uneasy feeling came over me like a wave that was about to crash.  I flinched.

“Are you okay?” he asked.  I found the urge to leave but then Yesung came over.

“I’m back Yuri!” Yesung announced.  Then he saw Heechul.  They chatted for a while and then Heechul left.  I saw where he was walking and he was going to Jessica.  Uh oh.

“Yuri?”  said Yesung.  “Yuri?”

“Huh?  Oh sorry.  What is it?”

“I’m saying that you should be careful of Heechul.  He could be a bit of a playboy and if you fall for him, you should be careful because he might break your heart.  Okay?”

“Okay.”  Yesung smiled at me. 

“Good,” he said.  We chatted for a little while longer and then Taeyeon called us for practice and we had to leave. 

“Bye!” I waved to Yesung.

“Bye Yuri!” he waved back.

After practices, we went back to the dorm. 

“Hi Jessica,” I said as I plopped down on the couch next to her.  Then, lowering my voice I whispered, “How did your visit with Donghae go?”

“It went well,” she whispered to me. “Until Heechul came and interrupted us.  Donghae got annoyed and left to talk to Yoona.”  Jessica sighed.  “No wonder everyone pairs them up.  They really like each other.”

I thought a bit and an idea struck me.  I said “You know how in our trainee days you and Donghae were dating?”  She nodded. 

“Well after Suju’s debut, we got to visit them sometimes and you know what Donghae told me?”  She shook her head.  I said “He told me ‘You know, I think about Jessica a lot during our live concerts and recordings and especially during Bonamana.  She’s such a beautiful girl that I can’t help but think about her when I sing beautiful girl over and over again.’”  Believe it or not, that was actually true.  Jessica looked at me with big eyes.

“Did he really say that?” she whispered.

“Yeah.”

Jessica smiled and said, “Thanks Yul!  That really makes me feel better! And now I have more confidence for tomorrow’s broadcast!”  Jessica hugged me.

I smiled.  “It’s no problem.”

As we got up to practice again, I thought,

I wish Yesung said he thought I was beautiful too.

 

 

SUNNY POV

     I wasn’t there to visit Suju’s dorm because I came late.  I wasn’t too sad.  I already spent 2 hours with Sungmin anyway so visiting the dorm would pretty much be the same. 

     As I rested after practice, I thought about Sungmin.  Why did he asked who I really liked?  Why was he curious about that?  Did he ask that to figure out if…I liked him?  I sighed.  “Get real Sunny,” I muttered to myself.  “That will never happen, you know that!”

“Sunny?  Earth to Sunny!” Taeyeon called.  “Hey, what’s up?”

“Oh nothing,” I replied.

“It’s about Sungmin, isn’t it?”  her voice serious, instead of teasing.  I was a bit surprised.

“Yeah,” I finally said.  “Yeah.  I’m thinking of him.  Well, today we hung out and he all of sudden asked me who I liked.  You know, who I like liked.”  Taeyeon sighed and said, “Sunny, have you ever considered the things he said to you are hints that he likes you?”  I shook my head and looked at her, confused.  She sighed.

“Remember in Invincible Youth when he was your partner in the speed quiz?”  she asked.  I nodded my head. 

“Well, when you said, ‘the oppa that likes me in your group’, he thought it was him.  That basically means he likes you!”  I thought for a minute, unsure of this new evidence.

“And remember the WGM thing?  He said he would want to be partners with you!”  Before I could answer her, she said “And when he was explaining his ideal type, you are the perfect example!  Shorter than him, acts cute, etc.”  I was taken a bit aback at all this new information.  I felt hope fluttering inside me.

Taeyeon sighed at my confused expression.  “Just think about it.”  And then she left.

I thought for a bit.

Does he really love me?

 


This is my first A/N and my first asian fanfic!  Please go easy on the comments and no silent readers!

Thank you! 

360 degree bow.

Which is basically a flip.

Tada!