Thanksgiving Part 2

6 Lovers, 1 Other

So yeah, I know that I haven't been updating for a while but homework and projects, ugh.  I was going to post this but then it got all deleted in a blackout so I was like,"Shoot!" and had to re write it. Which took some time because I was stuck in the middle of exam week.

Also, I feel kinda weird posting this when New Years already past...

But overall, I'm sorry and I hope you like it!


 

YURI POV
I quickly learned that I was not exactly the best person to go shopping for food and decorations.  If you didn't know already, my taste is a bit different from the normal standard.
"Hey, should we get this?" I asked, holding up a brown pillow covered in dark brown leaves and clear glass beads.  It wasn't exactly the most comfortable looking pillow but it was unique.  Like someone else I know, I thought to myself.  An image of a certain black haired and weird person came to mind...
"Erm, well it's um..."  Tiffany shifted uncomfortably in her spot near the tablecloths.
"It's different but looks a bit itchy," Seohyun said.  I ran my hand over the frizzy linen.  She was right.  It was made of a rough material but it was still relatively smooth.  It's different and tough but overall a good person.  Or pillow, anyway.
"I want to buy it," I hugged the pillow to my chest.
"Are you sure?" asks Tiffany, skeptically eying the pillow.  "It's a bit weird.
"I'm weird too," I said, feeling a bit defensive of the pillow-me.
Tiffany opened to say something back but Seohyun interrupted her.
"Oh let her buy it.  It's only one pillow, what's the harm?"  Sighing, Tiffany went back to inspecting tablecloths.
I smiled. "Thanks Seohyun."  She smiled back.
"Don't mention it." 
We eventually bought a bunch of Fall/Thanksgiving themed things and stopped by at the grocery store.
o0O0o
"Hey guys, what's this?"  Seohyun held up a weird brown thing that had roots hanging off the corners of its square shaped figure.  It was weird looking too but for some reason, I didn't feel connected to it.
"I don't know," I answered walking over to the thing and picking it up. I squeezed it. "Whoa, it's squishy!" It felt like a balloon, as if it would burst at any minute.
"Hey let me see!" Tiffany took it. "It's really weird!" She threw it at Seohyun.
"Hey I don't want it!" The maknae tossed the thing at me.  I barely caught it with my fingertips.
"I don't want it either!" I passed the thing to Seohyun who passed it back to Tiffany.  We were all throwing it at each other and laughing.  It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done in a grocery.  Some people stopped their shopping to watch us.  They probably think we're lunatics, I thought.  Then again, if I were watching,I would've probably have thought that too.
"Oops!" The thing lay splattered at Seohyun's feet. I found out that it had an interesting green mush-looking inside with red things in it.  I wrinkled my nose at the smell.  So did Tiffany.  But contrary to our faces, instead of looking disgusted, Seohyun looked guilty and worried.  "I tried to catch it but it slipped!"  
"Hey!" We turned around to face an angry bald man with a faded apron on.  I panicked and started running to the store exit. Tiffany and Seohyun scrambled after me.
"Sorry!" Seohyun shouted over her shoulder and threw 7000 over to the man who stopped his chase to catch the money as we escaped the store. 
"Come on!"  I hopped in the shotgun and as soon as Seo shut the door, Tiffany sped off to the road.  She let out a sigh of relief once we reached the highway.  
"Wow..." Tiffany sighed. "That's as the most fun I ever had shopping in forever!"
"Yeah," I agreed.  After my fear left me, exhilaration to its place.  It felt like I was a kid again, throwing and catching eggs around the backyard and accidentally breaking one on the house.  It was kind of like a refreshing breath of fun and relaxation after all the practice and rules we need to follow in SM. 
Seohyun let out a long breath.  "We're supposed to be keeping a good image.  We're idols!  I think that wasn't the best way to induce popularity.  What if there's a scandal?" She looked up scared at us.  Tiffany and I glanced at each other and rolled our eyes.  Seohyun was definitely too mature for her own good.
"Don't worry Hyun," said Tiffany, "I doubt the man will turn us in."
"Yeah," I said, "Didn't you see the way he looked at you?" I winked at Tiffany.  She grinned evilly back at me.
"What do you mean?" Seohyun said innocently.
"Oh, come on Hyunnie," said Tiffany who was rolling her eyes that were supposed to look annoyed but I could see the mischievous sparkle that told me she caught on to the joke.   "He was totally ogling over you."
Seohyun widened her eyes.  "H-him?" she sputtered confusedly.
I bit back a laugh at her terrified expression.  "Yeah, Seohyun," I said, my voice a bit higher pitched from my effort to hold back my giggling.  "Wasn't he, Tiffany?"
"Yeah.  Maybe you could go on a date with him to pay him back for dropping that...thing."  Tiffany was biting her lip, holding back her laughter.
"But, but, he's so... so old!"
Fany and I completely lost it.  We guffawed in our seats.  This wasn't like the brief laughter.  This was like, ab-development laughing.  I wiped tears in my eyes.  Tiffany was wheezing over the steering wheel while Seohyun was just sitting there confusedly. 
"Whoa!"  exclaimed Tiffany as she veered away from another car.  The driver honked at her angrily.  "Sorry!"
We drove until when we were almost at our dorm, Seohyun remembered something. "Hey guys?"
"Yeah?" I asked absently.
"We didn't get any food."
...
Oops.
 
YOONA POV (A.N. I wanted to do a character that wasn't one of the mains just for an excuse to not write a would be complicated chapter.  Hope you guys don't mind)
 
Cooking was never exactly my specialty but I think I did well in choosing cookbooks.  Taeyeon and I walked out of the book store and to the car. 
"Hey Yoona?" says Taeyeon after she set the bags in the back seats.
"Yeah?" I buckle my seatbelt on and start the car up.
"How do you think Yuri will turn out with Yesung?" she asks.  I almost crash into the other car while backing up.  That was an unexpected question.
"Well I think that she will definitely end up with Yesung eventually.  Maybe when she's like, 50 or something since she is too shy to admit it."
Taeyeon nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I thought that too.  Do you think Yesung likes her back?"   That question was so obvious it took me by surprise again, almost making me press the gas on the road.
"Well duh!" I said in a you-should-know-that-so-what-is-the-point-of-asking voice.  Taeyeon laughs and says, "Yeah I thought that too."  I keep my focus on the road and try to not veer off course when Tae makes random remarks.
I sigh.
Sometimes this girl really gets me confused.
o0O0o
We arrive at the dorm and carry our bags into the dorm.
"~We're back~" Taeyeon sings but abruptly stops in shock.  My mouth is hanging open so wide, I nearly catch a fly.
The dorm wall is decorated in old pictures of us with SHINee, f(x), and most of all SuJu.  Brown and orange ribbons drape the walls along with gel fall/Thanksgiving stickers placed on the windows.  The couches and tables were arranged so that the tables were surrounded by couches on three sides.  Triclinium, I think.  There is a leaf patterned blanket on the main couch facing the tv.  The only problem was that everything was on the left with a huge bare space on the right. It was so empty, I could do cartwheels on it.
"Wow..." I say looking over the room again.  "This is amazing."
"Yeah, it is, isn't it?"  Hyoyeon and Sunny come from the storage closet each carrying cloth napkins.  I gape at them.
"Since when did we buy cloth napkins?" I ask. 
Sunny shrugs and places a stack of them on one of the tables. "You'd be surprised at what you can find in the storage room."  She started folding them in tiny sailor hats and stuck the utensils in the brim and placed  the bundle on the plates.
"Can you guys start taking out the books?" asks Hyoyeon, "I think we should start cooking as soon as Seo, Tiff, and Yul come."  I nod and arrange the books on the counter so the covers show.
We start helping arrange the stuff for 30 minutes until Seo bursts through the door with Yuri and Tiffany scrambling after her.
"Sorry we're late!" Seo says while kicking off her shoes.  They have a little mushy green stuff on the soles.  I look at her skeptically.  She didn't catch my gaze.  She's too busy listening to Taeyeon's rant about being late, irresponsibility, worried, yada yada yada.
"Oh, give her a break," I say taking the bags of food from them. "We should start cooking.  They'll be here at..."
"8:30."  Sooyoung finishes for me. "And it's..." She glances at her watch, "5:07. So we have plenty of time."
Yuri starts taking out the food and decorations from the bags. "I think we should start cooking anyway.  They'll be a LOT of people.  Who's coming?" she asks Hyo.  
"All of them," she replies, helping Yuri take out the food.
"All of them?" I ask, my eyes widening.
"Yep."
Wow... That is a lot of people.  "I guess we should get ready now. " 
We start taking out the decorations and throw them all on the couch.  I grab a bag and take out a brown-beaded pillow.  It's a bit rough but is kinda smooth.  It had a weird feeling as I ran my hand over the front.  "Who got this?" I ask, holding it up.
"Oh that's mine."  Yuri walks over and I hand the pillow to her.  
"That's a cool pillow," says Sunny.  "It looks so unique."  Yuri beams at her.  "I know right?"
We start chatting as we smell the delicious aroma of Hyo's and Sooyoung's cooking.  "Ryeowook taught me," Sooyoung bragged.
I smile to myself as my mind drifts off to someone who is coming. 
Someone who might be coming, I think to myself. He left remember?  He's probably not coming.  I could feel tears threatening to drip out from the back of my eyes.  I blink them away and go back to pulling out decorations, an ache building up in my chest.  I'm hoping on hopeless possibilities. 
"Hey Yoona, you okay?" Jessica asks me.  I nod and start taping balloons to the wall of photos. My eyes drift off to the pictures until my heart stops.  It's picture of him and me.  The tears well up again and I drop the balloon.  I choke back a sob and run my trembling fingers across his face on the photo.  The ache comes back stronger.  The memories of him leaving...without saying good bye. 
A tear trickles down my cheek and slides to my throat where a ball of sadness chokes my small sobs.
I look into his smiling eyes and his arm draped around me, also smiling.  The memory makes my dizzy with depression as my arm drops limp to my side.
 
Kibum.  Where are you?

I feel so evil making Yoona suffer like that.  But she's dating Lee Seungi now...

sorry for making you lovely readers wait like that, I hate homework.

Well, hope you enjoyed it.  Comments are wanted, give me some feedback!

I hope my writing skills haven't gotten too rusty!