A Peek Into the Minds of Suju

6 Lovers, 1 Other

SUNGMIN POV

Sunny.

Lee Soonkyu

Aegyo Queen.

     I sighed, thinking about my fellow radio DJ and friend, SNSD’s Sunny.  I wish I had confessed to her that day in the park and that way, things would be easier and I would be happier.  Oh well.  At least I would know in 6 days!  I already know how I will confess to her!

“Sungmin?  Hyung!” I turned around and saw Donghae calling me.

“Neh?”  I replied.

Donghae walked over to me.  “Hyung, how do you plan on confessing to Sunny?”  he asked curiously.  I blushed a bit.  Why would he want to know that?

“Through a birthday video message,” I replied.  “Why do you want to know, Fish?”

Donghae turned a bit pink.  “Oh, it’s nothing.”  I thought a bit when an idea came.  I grinned mischievously. 

“Are you going to confess to Dara?  Or Tiffany?  Or Yoona?”  I teased.  Donghae turned as red as a tomato.  He’s always paired up with the prettiest of the girl groups and it’s kind of funny to watch him be paired up with so many girls even though he still acts like a 5 year old. 

“Hyung!”  he whined.  “I’m not a playboy!”  He thought a bit. “Besides,” he added hesitatingly.  “It’s not any of them.”  Whoa.

“Are you serious?”  I asked, shocked.  “You and Tiffany really bonded during the making of SNSD’s Kissing You mv and you and Yoona always talk to each other and hangout!  You even said that Dara was your ideal girl!”  Donghae turned a bit redder and this time, I don’t think it was from embarrassment.

“Hyung, I’m not a playboy.” he said in a warning tone.  I got the message.  Don’t say anymore.

Donghae took a deep breath.  “Anyway, thanks for the answer.”  And with that, he walked away.

I thought about what he said.  Who could it be?  I kept thinking about it.  Then it hit me.

It’s Jessica.

 

DONGHAE POV

“I’m not a playboy,” I muttered to myself. 

     What was Sungmin thinking?  Does Jessica…think I’m a playboy?  I shook my head.  She couldn’t jumped to that conclusion so quickly!  Could she?  But I like her!

     I stored the idea away in my head.  Hyung said he was going to do a birthday video message but Jessica’s birthday is months away!  That would be too much waiting.  No, I should do it some other way.  Well as all the other people say, the direct route is the best route so I guess it would be best to directly confess to her.  The idea shifted in my head.  Does Jessica even like me?  Do I love her so much as to confess that I do? 

“I’ll wait longer,” I thought to myself.  This will probably be best for me and for Jessica so I won’t hurt her.  I’ll figure out if I love her enough in a few more days.  I would be more sure and confident in myself to be brave enough to confess to her.

“Hey, Donghae!”  I heard Heechul calling me.  I suddenly turned annoyed, thinking about how he interrupted my moment with Jessica at the hangout.  It was like he was a fly I couldn’t swat.

“What do you want Heechul?” I snapped.

“Whoa, calm down dongsaeng!  I just wanted to remind you of our broadcast with Jessica and Sulli tomorrow in the radio.”  I perked up. Jessica?

“Okay, thanks,” I said. Heechul smirked annoyingly.

“You like Jessica, don’t you? You have no chance with her, you’re paired up with Dara.  Or Yoona.  Or Tiffany.  Or any other girl, playboy.  She probably already gave up on you and moved onto better guys like me,” he drawled with a smug expression. 

“Like you should talk!”  I shot back.  “You’re paired up with Tiffany!  And Yoona!  And Yuri!  And that's only in SNSD!  Who knows what other girls will walk into your house of lies and fake affection!"

Heechul scowled at me.  “Anyway,” he said, irritated.  “Just reminding you of the broadcast.”  And with one more defiant, scowling look, he walked away.  I silently seethed in his direction.  Thanks for the reminder, Heechul.  In that broadcast, I will make sure he doesn’t charm Jessica in his playboy web of traps and false praises.  I will protect ice princess from the black knight.

I will be her white knight in shining armor.

 

YESUNG POV

The Black Pearl of Girl’s Generation, Kwon Yuri.  I kept thinking of her and her weird yet strangely attractive personality.

“Do I like her?”  I asked myself.  Sure we flirted a bit from time to time but they were just jokes!  Anyway, I wonder what made me say that warning about not falling in love with Heechul when we hung out.  Maybe it was just a sudden wave of annoyance to see him talking to Yuri?  Or was it a violent rush of passion and jealousy?  I sighed, a bit annoyed how I didn’t know.  I plopped down on a couch.

“Why couldn’t life be a neat, smooth package, with a pretty bow tied at the top?”  I thought aloud.

“Because life’s sudden and rough changes make you stronger for the vast world in front of you.”  Said Leeteuk coming up from behind me.  I was a bit surprised that he knew the answer.  And I was even more surprised at the poetic way he said it.  Leeteuk saw the confused expression on my face and sighed and sat next to me on the couch.

“When Kangin and Taeyeon were paired up on WGM, I was a bit hurt and shocked about this and because they were, I was worried that Taeyeon fell in love with him when they were filming.  After their season ended, I was practically dying to know whether or not she loved Kangin or if she had affections for me.  I wasn’t even sure if I loved her enough to become brave and confess to her.  Finally, one day, I couldn’t take it anymore so I confessed to her.”  He said.  I gasped.  He already confessed to her?

Leeteuk took a big breath.  “She rejected me.  She said the dating rule would ruin us and our careers and our 7 year was too large.  I was heartbroken and a bit later, I was paired up with Kang Sora for the same thing, WGM.  I hung out with her a lot and for a long time during filming, I started to fall in love with her.  I’m not sure what happened, whether or not she was jealous, or grew affections or had loved me from the beginning but Taeyeon confessed to me.  Now,”  Leeteuk said smiling.  “We’re a couple.  Changes in life may be rough and rocky but in the end, you get what you really deserve.”

     Suddenly, the dorm doorbell rang.  Leeteuk got up from the couch to answer the door and opened it. 

“Taeyeon!”  he greeted.  SNSD’s leader smiled up at him.

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” she asked innocently and I heard a hint of teasing like a longtime girlfriend would do.

“Oh, yes!  Come in, come in!”  Leeteuk said hastily.  Taeyeon giggled and walked in the dorm. 

“Teukie, there’s a concert coming up!”  she said excitedly.

“Oh that’s great Taengoo!” I cringed a bit inside at their pet names for each other.  Taengoo?  Seriously?

“Anyway,”  Leeteuk said.  “Good luck on your concert!  I hope you do well my singing angel!”  he pulled her close and her hair.  Taeyeon blushed a bit.

“Thank you my dimple prince!”  she kissed his cheek and pulled him to the couch to talk.  I got up to leave, I knew they wanted their private time and then I looked back at them and Leeteuk saw me watching and winked at me.  I nodded back at him.

As I went to my room, I thought about how Leeteuk told be about the harsh changes of life and their rewarding outcomes. I knew what that wink meant.  I wonder if Yuri and I will ever be how Leeteuk and Taeyeon are.  Then, thinking about the question and “Teukie’s” answer, I knew that if I confessed to Yuri, whether or not she accepts me, something that I deserve will come to be, whether it’s Yuri or not.

But I hope she will be my Black Pearl in the end.


So do you like it?  I know it's short but it's only supposed to be a peek anyway.

I know I haven't updated for a while but I will try to upload a new chapter by next week. 

Please comment and if you are a fellow author, please give me some advice since I'm a new writer!  Please?*doing aegyo*

Thank you!