Acting Weird

Is It Possible?

Chapter 9 – Acting Weird

 

It was Monday again. A normal fine sunny morning. Everyone in the campus are smiling, laughing and enjoying their times with their friends, some are looking too tired after the weekend or just too lazy to go back to campus.

“HEY! What are you thinking about?” Mia said tapping your shoulder as she saw you’re having a deep thought.

“Oh Mia, you scared me!” you were surprised by her sudden presence.

“I’m sorry~ but may I know what you’re currently had in your mind?” she raise her eyebrows

“Nothing~ nothing important” you wave your hand at her to show that nothing is really bothering you hoping she would buy that and smile weakly.

“But I can see you put too many things in your eyes, your eye bags is really puffy” she stated.

You quickly touch the area under your eyes, massaging it like it would disappear.

“I just had so many things to do~” you sigh while smiling at her again.

“Owkay then, I guess I’ll see you later” then she wave goodbye.

~~~

It’s finally lunch time. Damn you can’t concentrate on any of your classes so you’re glad it’s finally lunch. You need it, you need a break.

So as usual you meet up with Heyne, Rihyun and Maya at the corner table at the cafeteria. You placed your bag lazily and sit down staring into space.

Heyne, Rihyun and Maya look at each other before they snap you out of your thought.

“Chaeri, are you okay? Do you need something?” Rihyun ask worriedly

“Rihyun~ I’m fine, I don’t feel like eating, I’m just tired” you respond tiredly.

“Did something happen? Because we know this you are not acting like our workaholic-Chaeri today” Maya ask again.

You’re not sure how to tell them what happened, you’re mind is a mess right now. You can’t think right. Time! That’s right, you need time to sort things out before coming with your answer.

“I’m just tired from all the reports that need to be done” you give her a fake smile. Maya of course didn’t buy that but she just keeps quiet because she knows you don’t want to make them worry.

“Okay, but I’m going to buy some food and you must eat it” Maya said that sound more like an order.

You don’t want to make her worry so you just nodded lazily. With that she left to buy the foods.

When Maya came back with Heyne together with the foods that they bought for you and themselves, you are still staring blankly to the space. Maya and Heyne eye Rihyun and Rihyun just shrug with I-don’t-know-whats-wrong-with-her look.

Maya bought you your favorite chocolate cheesecake that you always happy whenever you get them. But today even the cheesecake doesn’t look interesting. You stare blankly at the cheesecake for god-knows-how-long when suddenly Chunji came into the cafeteria.

He stopped behind you, he saw you’re looking uninterested at your favorite cheesecake but he didn’t stop by to say hi instead he go straight to his friends.

The way Chunji is acting making it more suspicious to the girls(Maya, Heyne and Rihyun) as they saw Chunji stop by looking at you with sad eye but did not bother to do anything. You didn’t know Chunji was there staring at you.

They finally get some clue, so something is going on between you and Chunji. The girls look at each other with did-something-happened-to-them look. They grew worried.

Heyne was really curious about what’s going on so she, “Okay Chaeri, did something happen between you and Chunji? Did you guys have a fight? What did he do to you? It’s ok chaeri you can tell me and I will get a revenge for you!” while pumping her fist in the air.

Chaeri was shock with the sudden amount of questions thrown by Heyne and she was startled too to hear Chunji’s name being mention *what did they know about me and Chunji?*

Still startled, you said “Huh? Ch-Chunji? There’s nothing wrong about me and Chunji, w-we didn’t have a fight” you were stuttering to finish your sentence.

“You ain’t fooling anyone here girl~ we saw it. We saw your odd attitude, we saw his face just now staring at you but didn’t even bother to greet you or us, we saw his odd attitude too and you tell us nothing happened between the two of you?!” Heyne voice tone was slightly rising that make you flinched.

You were speechless. Everything what Heyne said is true. Something did happen between you and Chunji but you yourself still can’t think straight after what happen so how are you suppose to tell them?

You just keep your head down not wanting to look at Heyne or the other two girls.

Guilt rush over Heyne that she immediately went to your side and apologize, “Look Chaeri, I’m sorry for raising my voice earlier, but we are worry about you. You are not acting the way you usually are today and the way I saw Chunji look at you just now makes me worry even more. No scratch that not only me but Maya and Rihyun are worried about you too. If you have a problem you know you have us, you can tell us and we can figure it out together” she squeezes your shoulder.

“I’m sorry guys, I’m sorry for making you worry. I just don’t know how to start, where to start, what to start, my mind is a mess right now. I can’t think straight. I’m still try-…”

You were cut off by Maya, “Chaeri, it’s okay~ though we may not know what you’re going through right now but you can tell us whenever you’re ready, Okay?” she finish with a loving smile.

You look at her and you can’t be more thankful to them. You smile and hug them tenderly. *Thank you guys~ Thanks for understanding me*

“Finally you smiled, now it is time to finish your cheesecake!” Rihyun cheers.

“Thank you guys~” you thank them.

“Now hurry up finish that, the next class will start in few minutes!” Rihyun remind.

With that you eat the chocolate cheesecake.

~~~

Sehun’s POV

I saw her coming to campus this morning but I can’t see the liveliness in her eyes like always. She’s walking lazily to the class and almost bumping with someone on the way.

The first period for today is Social Studies; the only class we have in common. I can tell she’s not concentrating. She’s not smiling. She’s not laughing and most importantly she’s not talking! And sometime I can see her staring in space. All I can tell there’s definitely something wrong with her. She was completely fine when I saw her last Friday.

During lunch I saw her again at the cafeteria; as always with her friends at the corner. From her friends’ faces expression I can tell that they’re worried as well.

I saw her staring at the cheesecake with no interest, which is weird coz I know that Chocolate Cheesecake is her favorite. Do I sound like a stalker now?

Not long after that I saw that guy entering the cafeteria. I want to see if he can make my Chaeri to smile again.

BUT WAIT! Did he just stopped to stare at her for a moment then just walked away?

Did something happen between them? 

Did they have a fight?

Is he the reason why she’s not smiling?

I can’t help but wonder because I know she smiles whenever he was with her.

So many things came across in my mind; thinking the possibility of why she was not smiling.

I got mix feeling about this; I was sad to see she’s not smiling but at the same time I’m also happy, because this may be my chance to get close to her without that guy around.

But how do I approach her?

 


Author’s note:

Okay sorry guys for the very late update, I lost my pendrive and I was extremely sad over it because I saved all my works here including this story. I’ve been looking for it everywhere and every corner but I just couldn’t find it….. until today!!!! Yeaaaay finally, I found it in between my sister’s box. -_-“ no wonder I can’t find it at my place.

So here I’m with my latest update. Hope you like it.

XOXO
Kitsune95