Taken?!

Is It Possible?

Chapter 13 – Taken?!

 

The next morning, you get up early because you need to get home as you’ve promise Sehun to work on your group assignment at your place.

You wake up in big white tee and a flowery pants that always known as ahjumma’s pants that Eomma let you borrow for the night. You decide to take a shower before going back to your house but you didn’t bring any extra clothes for today so you knock on Chunji’s room only to find him still snuggling under the blanket. You walk closer to his bed and shake his shoulder.

“Chunji, can I borrow your shirt for today?” well this is not the first time you borrow Chunji’s clothes.

Chunji still not making any sign of getting up so you decide to shake his shoulder harder this time. “CHUNJI!! I WANT TO BORROW YOUR SHIRT FOR TODAY!” you shout at his ear.

“Aish!! Just borrow from Eomma” he said while rubbing his ear annoyingly, eyes still firmly close.

“But I borrowed Eomma’s for last night, come on just need a shirt” you poke his shoulder.

He frown, eyes still close getting up from bed and walk to his closet and take a random shirt and throw it to you.

“Isn’t this – “ you didn’t get to finish your sentence before he decide to cut in,

“Just take it, I’m going back to sleep” he said.

And with that you walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

~~~

So here you are, walking back home after saying goodbye to Eomma while she’s busy preparing the ingredients before the restaurant start operating again and she didn’t missed to compliment you how you look cute in Chunji’s soccer jersey.

Yup, you are wearing Chunji’s soccer jersey, the one with his name printed on it Lee C. J. and a big number 5 at the back.

 

When you arrived home, you were greeted by your mom and dad who are reading the newspaper.

“Oh you’re back honey, already had your breakfast?” your mom asked.

“Yup I did, Eomma force me to eat before going back. Anyway, I’m going to my room to get change” you told her not before you flash them a small smile before walking away.

Your mom smiled when she finally saw you smiling genuinely for the first time after that night and chuckled at the sight when she saw what you’re wearing when your back was facing her as you walk away to your room.

*I guess they made up* she thought to herself.

 

~~~

 

You are listening to some music while re-arranging stuff on your desk when you heard a knock at the door, you instantly look up to find you mom standing at the door.

“You have a guest, a guy; he said that he’s your friend but how come I never met him before? And I must say he’s kinda cute too” your mom wriggle her eyebrow at you.

“Ahh, must be Sehun” you dash downstairs from your room with your mom follow behind.

He was sitting at the sofa with his sling bag, wearing a comfortable checkered button up shirt paired with acid-wash jeans. Your heart skips a beat as you look at him before he saw you approaching him. He immediately shot up upon seeing you.

“Hi Sehun, glad you can find my house” you flash him a smile.

“It’s not hard to find your house too” he smiles back shyly while rubbing his nape

Your mom who’s curious about the new face in the house starts to throw a few questions at him.

“are you a new transfer student?”
“Why I haven’t seen you before?”
“When did you guys know each other?”
“how old are you?”

“Oka-san, please you’re scaring him away” you said.

Sehun was rather speechless at the questions, well he doesn’t know what to say as this lady is your mother and possibly his future mother-in-law, and he can’t just talk carelessly.

You saw his awkward situation so you answer few of them on behalf of him.

“We’re majoring in different course and the only class we have together is the Social Studies, and we are put to pair to work on our final assignment for this module, that’s the reason why he’s here”

Your mom just ooh and nodded her head. “Okay just carry on with your assignment; I’ll be in the kitchen to prepare some snack for you guys”

“You don’t have to Mrs. Han” Sehun politely refused.

“Of course I should, this is the first time you’re here. A guest should be treated like one” your mom smile before disappear to the kitchen.

Sehun look at you rather uneasy.

“Oka-san always been like that, no matter how many times you’ve been here she will always treat you like this is your first time. Happens to any other guest” you shrug.

Sehun just nodded

“Okay back to work, what should we do today?” you asked him

“Umm, aren’t we suppose to look at examples of reports?”

“ohh yeah, I’m sorry, the reports are in my room, let’s go” you said to him

Sehun followed you as he stared at your back, you’re wearing a comfortable red and white stripe with a pair of shorts. He gulped when he look at your milky white legs.

You both arrive in your room. He scans your room which was rather simple. There is bookshelf, board with pictures. Your room mostly filled with photos of happy memory. He looks at the photos at the wall, at the frame on your drawer, a picture of you and your family mostly and also picture of you and Chunji. There are actually a lot of photos of you and Chunji and he just can’t help but feeling slightly jealous, because every picture took at different stage of life. He spotted a picture of you and chunji from toddlers to the graduation of high school. From the picture, he can tell that Chunji and you are very close and fond.

He stopped at this one particular picture. It looks like a prom event, looking at the background of the photo, in the photo you were linking arm with Chunji while smiling brightly at the camera. You were wearing a cute maroon dress that reached your knees while Chunji in tux with a matching maroon bow. Not to miss the crown and tiara at both you and Chunji’s head.

You were busy taking the necessary reports from your shelf when you found Sehun looking at your photos and this one particular photo. You look at the photo as memory resurface. You and Chunji were crowned as the prom King and Queen. You were surprise because you thought the winner should be a couple. You can say that you and Chunji are inseparable, the whole school knows that both of you are bestfriend. You chuckled as you remember that unforgettable night.

Sehun stop looking at the photo and look at you when he heard you chuckled he immediately shifts his gaze to all the paperwork in your hand and quickly made his way to help you.

You thanked him, and he put it at your study desk. 

While he’s checking the reports, he spotted a beautiful jade ring at your desk.

“Is this yours? It’s beautiful”

You look at the ring, “Still waiting for the rightful owner” you said with a sigh.

Looking at the ring, the ring that suppose to be your engagement ring, the ring that will make you prevent you from developing  your feeling for the person standing in front of you.

At that time your mom arrived at your door with a tray of two drinks and cookies on a plate. “Here’s your snack!’ your mom beams happily placing the tray at your desk.

She saw the ring too, “Chaeri, how could you treat your engagement ring like this, it will get dusty if you open and leave it like that” she took it and close with a small thud before placing it back at your desk.

“Enjoy your snack, I’ll be right downstairs if you need anything” before she walk away.

You stood there awkwardly; you didn’t expect your mom to say that in front of your crush.

Sehun feel extremely shocked, he thought he finally had a chance to get closer to you “E- en- engagement?” he look at you

You shut your eyes close sighing heavily, now Sehun probably think you’re taken. 

 

 

Author's note:
Today I updated two chapters~ so read the previous one if you haven't ;]