Flashback

Is It Possible?

Chapter 11 - Flashback

 

Days had passed, but Chaeri still acting the same way she did for the past two days. Her friends start to get worry like really worry for her well-being. They did what they thought will make Chaeri turn back to her old self but nothing works.

As usual during lunch hour, Heyne, Rihyun, Maya and Chaeri will go sit at the corner of the cafeteria. You’re always appears to be thinking too hard and they will caught you sighing from time to time.

Chunji was walking with his friends to catch lunch and he did not miss to take a glance at you for a few seconds from proceeding with his friends. 

Chaeri couldn’t take off her mind of what happen last Saturday when suddenly her phone ringing and vibrating. She quickly fish out her phone from her bag and answer the phone.

“Hello…

I’m at the cafeteria right now…

Now?...

Okay, I’ll be right there”, with that she ended the call and quickly got up.

“Where are you going?” Heyne ask.

“I need to go, but I’ll be back after lunch. Bye” she said that after waving goodbye to them and leaving the three girls confused.

When she’s out from the campus building, she can see a tall man wearing Rayban sunglasses standing beside his black SC90 Volvo car while both of his hands are in his pocket. She run walk as fast as she can to the latter with a big smile on her face. When she’s getting near, she call out for the man and the man instantly smile looking at Chaeri while opening his arm to embrace Chaeri which she gladly accept. He hug her lovingly not forget to kiss the crown of her hair to which she giggle. 

 

Sehun’s POV

I was at the cafeteria with the boys and I saw her today. Since we only have one class together so I think now is the good time for me to go and talk to Chaeri to discuss our assignment or should I say bonding time?

I was nervous thinking what I should say.

Hey, I’m here to talk about our assignment… *does that sound way too normal?*

Hi there Chaeri! How are you today? So I wanna talk about our assignment… *am I being to hyper now?*

Or should I be cooler… Hey Chaeri, let’s talk about our assignment~

Urrggh… this is so stressful. And before I could think of another way, I saw her going out of the cafeteria, so I decide to follow after her.

When I got out of the campus building, I saw her running and when my eyes follow her direction I saw that she actually running to guy and when she reached him, that guy hug her affectionately and even kissing her crown. I can feel I’m frowning and I don’t feel good at the sight of them so I turn my head slightly to the right when I saw Chunji was looking at them too. But I can see a smile on his face. 

Wait! A smile?? What’s going on here? Who’s that guy? 

I was looking back and forth from Chaeri to Chunji. Wasn’t he supposed to be mad or something? Or is that guy the reason why Chaeri and Chunji has been some kind of a distant to each other lately? 

Chaeri now with that guy and even Chunji now defeated by this guy, am I even stood a chance to win her? 

With a heavy heart he went back to the cafeteria to take his belonging before proceeding to his class.

 

~~~

Chaeri’s POV

I still couldn’t get what happened last Saturday out of my head. It’s seriously killing me inside, the feeling of anxious, nervous, guilty all surrounding me doesn’t make me feel any better. 

Should I be selfish or accept it? And here is another reason for me to sigh.

Then, my phone suddenly rang and I quickly fish it out from my bags, looking at the caller

“Chaehoon-oppa calling…” I quickly answer the phone not willing the person from the other line to wait any further.

“Hello”

“Hi Ri-chan, where are you now?”

“I’m at the cafeteria now”

“Can I see you?”

“Now?”

“Yes, now. I’m infront of your campus building right now and better hurry up I’ve been waiting for your lunch break just to see you!”

“Okay, I’ll be right there” and with that I immediately ended the call and rush to see him. 

 

The moment I’m out of the building, I saw him standing by his car with his hands in his pocket. I can feel myself smiling brightly at the sight of him and my legs just ran as fast as it could so I can reach him in no time.

“Oppa!” and he instantly look up knowing who’s calling for him. He immediately smiles and opens his arm to embrace me.  

I hug him as if he is my biggest teddy bear. How I missed him so much, my one and only brother.

“Hey, how’s my lil baby sister doing?” and kissing the crown of my head before both of us let go of each other.

“I’m fine oppa, how about you? I missed you so much. When did you come back? Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming back?”

He giggled when I asked too many questions. “I’m great! I just got here yesterday because we have a seminar this morning and yesterday I was too busy preparing for the seminar that I forgot to inform you or Oka-san or Appa. They booked a hotel for me to stay so when I arrived and get into the taxi, the taxi driver drove me to the hotel right away and if I don’t stay at the hotel they will make an assumption that I skipped my duty. So let’s have lunch first, I’m hungry” while rubbing his flat stomach.

“Okay~!” I say with slightly excited voice before we both makes our way into the car. 

 

At the restaurant...

“So, oka-san and appa told me that they’re worry about your well-being right now, they said you don’t eat much, and sometimes you’re listening when they’re talking to you” Chaehoon said.

“I didn’t mean to make them worry, but they’re making plan without taking my feelings into consideration about what happened last Saturday” you heaved a loud sigh.

Flashback...

When you and Chunji arrived at the restaurant where your family will be having a family dinner, both your oka-san and appa already there with Chunji’s eomma talking and laughing heartily reminiscing the past and they stop when they saw both of you approaching at the table together with the waitress that led both of you.

“Oh, there they are~!” Chunji’s eomma exclaimed.

“Aww, they look so cute together with the matching clothes that we prepared for them” Oka-san said feeling proud with her jobs.

“Have a seat you too” Appa smiling will pointing the two seats available.

You took a sit next to Chunji’s eomma and Chunji took a sit next to you and your appa. 

Your appa called one of the waitresses to inform them that we’re ready to have our food.

When everyone’s done with their dinner, that’s when oka-san said that she have an announcement to make. 

“I have a something to say, and that comes from me and your eomma” Oka-san started. You and Chunji exchanged glances before turning back to both of the mothers to give your attention to them.

Chunji’s eomma started by saying, “Chaeri, I’ve always wanted a daughter and you are such a wonderful daughter to me even though you’re not my biological daughter. So I wanted to know if you’re willing to be my daughter?” a hopeful look can be seen in her eyes as she looked straight into your eyes waiting for your answer.

To you Chunji’s eomma is like your mother too, she took good care of you ever since you’re a child, she is in your list of important people’s in your life, so you said to her “of course, I’ve always been your daughter eomma.” She looked so happy upon hearing your answer.

Upon hearing it, she hugged you immediately and you hugged her back. After the brief hugs, she looked to your mom and your mom give her a nod before she asked the most shocking question you received that night…

“Will you marry Chunji and become my daughter?”

You’re too shocked and speechless at her sudden question not knowing what to answer. Chunji who had been shocked too beside you couldn’t utter a single word while staring at his mother. 

Next, Chunji’s eomma took of her green jade wedding ring from her finger and opening one of your palm to place the ring. You stare at the ring that was place on your palm. 

“Ri-chan, this is our ideas of reuniting the two of you. We think that you both match each other and would make the perfect couple. So please think about it” your mom said.

All the things that happened tonight were too much for you to handle so you place the ring on the table and excuse yourself to the restroom.

You quickly locked yourself in the restroom. You look yourself in the mirror. You turn on the tap and splash your face with cold water. The cold water feels real. This is real. Tonight is not a dream…

When you got out of the restroom, both your parents and Chunji’s eomma were not there. There is only Chunji sitting there alone waiting for you and when you approach him you can see that he was shocked too of what happened tonight.

“Appa and oka-san drive eomma back home and they asked me to wait for you” he said in his low voice.

You didn’t utter a single word as you’re examining Chunji’s face.

“Let’s go, I will walk you back home” so you followed him making his way out of the restaurant.

It was silent all the way to your house. Both of you didn’t say anything. When you reached your house, you stop infront of the small gate and said thank you too Chunji.

Chunji called you before you make your way inside, “Chaeri, you forgot something” and he took one of your palm and place the ring that his mother gave to your early that evening.

You stare the ring on your palm and divert your gaze at Chunji’s retreating figures.

…End of Flashback.

“I think Chunji is a great guy, both of you have been friends long time ago and both of you understood each other well,” Chaehoon stated looking at you before continuing, “and I know he will take good care of you.”

You know Chunji is a great guy, he knows you more than you know yourself. He’s the one that know what you’ve been through from happiness the moment when you first won your essay writing competition during elementary school to sadness when you’re favourite cat Minie died because your dad accidentally hit her while reversing his car. 

“Oppa, why don’t you and Yuki-onee-chan get marry? You and her has been together for so long already and I think this can make oka-san and appa to change their mind about getting me marry!” you suddenly said thinking your idea is a great one. 

“Chaeri, I’m too busy for that right now because I just recently got promoted as the head of orthopaedics department and Yuki-chan is busy as some nurses got transfer to other hospital. And finally this is not about me, this is about you. Me getting marry will not solve your issue.”

Your thought was interrupted by your brother, “Now, have you talk to Chunji about this?” he said with a loving brother voice.

“Not yet, we haven’t talk to each other after that night” you said sadly realising the fact.

“Then you should talk to him about it. Don’t think too hard. I’m sure everyone will accept whatever decision you’re making, just think about what will make you happy” your brother said.

You felt your eyes getting teary upon hearing what your brother just told you. 

“Now don’t cry, finish your lunch because I need to take you back to your campus. Good girl don’t skip class”

You nodded at his word before telling him, “FYI, I never skipped a class before and by skipping class doesn’t make good girl instantly change to bad girl.”

 


Author's comment:
I really want to thank
ycloud for the upvote! <3<3<3 ;D