"It's not strange. It's just different."

The heart he sank and launched.

Beep beep beep. The vending machine yelled at the brunette in front of it. Chaima's hand went to her curled hair and she just ruffled it scowling at the opponent she was facing.

"Out of order? What do you mean out of order?! Then give me back my money." She pressed the button on the machine that was supposed to return her coins, but was met with the same respons from the device.

Beep beep beep. A scowl carved her face as she backed away while pointing a finger at the 2 meter tall cubicle containing her desired product.

"This time you win. But I will get you next time." She warned it.

With a sigh she returned slowly to the waiting room, shoulders drooping. Just as she looked up she saw a familiar figure chatting with a rather tiny and round man in a white coat. She smiled as she walked up to them. The doctor went back inside and her smile was returned by the lady who had turned around.

 

"And? How did it go ajhummeoni?" Chaima asked with sincere curiosity and worry.

She watched the lady droop her shoulders and let out a sigh. Seconds after she returned to her adorable smile.

"I was told to get admitted. They haven't finished so it was better for me to stay over night." Lee Jinhee responded to her question.

Chaima nodded in agreement. "It's for the best actually. Have you called your family? To let them know? You mentioned your son earlier so...."

The girl stopped herself and muttered an embarrassed polite sorry. She watched the elderly lady chuckle and her arm lightly.

"I like it when you're talkative Chaima ya. You're a sweet girl. I will call my son after getting to my room."

Her smile made Chaima want to cuddle her. It still seemed strangely familiar, although she still didn't know why. She shrugged and let it be for now secretly hoping that she'd remember soon.

"I will you. Untill your son arrives. I have nothing better to do anyway." Chaima offered. She halted and her expression changed into one with doubt. "If I'm not bothering you I mean."

She heard Jinhee laugh and nudge her lightly. "Don't be silly. I'd love that. If you're okay with it." Her response made Chaima stop for a moment. She stared at the lady with a blank expression that slowly curled up into a smile ending into it's last evolution, a goofy grin.

 

After having arrived in her room, Chaima helped the Jinhee with her coat and into the bed. She left for a moment to get them both something to drink and snack at a nearby convenience store. While she was on the phone as the brunette walked away, Chaima heard the name Jinki fall. It drifted her off into thoughts. 'Could she have meant that Lee Jinki?' The girl shook her head and shrugged. She was in Korea, he was less likely to be the only one called Jinki. On her way to the store she had gotten stares and glances by people around her. She was the only foreigner amongst all the Koreans in the store. As she got what she wanted, she went to the checkout counter to pay. There she saw a boy fidgeting behind the glass with candy's. He looked up at her and seemed lost at her to him 'strange' appearance.

"Do you want that?" She asked as she pointed to the items behind the glass.

His eyes went back and fixated on a Pororo candy stick. He looked back at her and nodded as his dark eyes twinkled with hope. Chaima winked at the boy as she turned back to the guy aiding her.

"Can you add that Pororo candy please?" She retrieved a nod in return.

Chaima paid for the groceries and took the bag in her hand. She knelt so that she would be on the same eye level as the boy and held th stick out for him to grab. As he reached out for it she smiled at the boy but didn't release it. The boy gazed at her in confusion.

 

"What's your name kid?" She asked.

"Kwangsoo." He responded.

"Kwangsoo ya, give noona a hug and I'll give you this. Deal?" She playfully asked.

The boy stared at her for a moment and then at the stick. Before she knew it the boy's arms were around her neck and ruffled her hair.

"Noona's a bit strange. Especially your hair." 

Chaima was taken aback at that comment. For this boy who had only seen koreans with dark straight hair she must look like a zoo animal.

"Noona thank you." He said before skipping off with Pororo. He kind of reminded her of a giraffe the way he ran.

"I'm strange?" 

"Nah. It's not strange, it's just different. There is nothing wrong with that. I personally kind of like it." She heard from behind her.

 

When she glanced over her shoulder, she saw a tall man in a dark brown coat walking away from her. He was wearing a cap and a scarve that almost hid his face completely. The voice was familiar, although she didn't know why. The words rang into her mind as unfadable echoes. They were stuck there even as she returned to the hospital. She walked straight to Lee Jinhee's room. When she arrived at her door, she could hear her talking. Was she on the phone? Or was there someone inside? Chaima knocked on the door in a rythm that she always knocked with. It was the rythm to Shinee's Ring Ding Dong's chorus. Realising what she had done, the girl experienced a shock in embarrasment. She didn't have much time to be embarrassed as she heard a voice from inside.

 

"Come in." The young woman heard Lee Jinhee say.

Slowly she opened the door and entered with an embarrassed smile. She was greeted with the familiar adorable smile and a voice she recognised.

"Who is it?" She heard someone say in an awfully familiar male voice. Chaima repeated in mind '....Awfully familiar!'

 

She opened the door further and closed it once she was inside. The figure she was staring at couldn't be real. What was she seeing? Was she dreaming? The curled haired raised her hand to pinch her own cheek. 

 

"Ack..." She exclaimed a little too loudly. It hurt. Wait... It hurt. She wasn't dreaming?

"A friend?" The young man asked the woman in the bed with a smile so gorgeous and familiar.

She glanced at the lady as she returned with a smiled and not. "She's very sweet."

Holy ... STOP. Halt.

 

That was it. The familiar smile! It was his! The one carved in her mind was the smile no other than Lee Jinki, SHINee Onew's smile. This lady had the exact same smile. Now it finally hit her. He was her son?!

After having stood in silence for a while, she was approached by the dark haired male. He gazed down just a little at her with a pondering expression not really knowing what to do.

"Uhm... hello?" He asked.

No response. He tried again.

"Excuse me?"

Again no response.

"Someone home?"

Silence. In the end Chaima uttered a soft squeel as she snapped out of her daze. She was now looking right into the man's eyes as he was staring at her from about 10 centimeters distance. She felt pressure on her cheeks and glanced at two hands on either side of her face. She let out another apolegetic squeel and jumped backward. She watched the male stare at her in amusement with a grin that made her jump another step back.

 


 

Author's note:

I'm enjoying this way too much xD I enjoyed the last scene a lot especially as I pictured my friend herself in that situation. Oh and we have a cameo of our cute Lee Kwangsoo~! Running Man's icon of betrayal Kirin~ As a little boy.

I hope you liked reading this. <3 Leave a comment before you leave.

Lots of love,
Saenan