A Close To Start A Beginning

Be My Smile

Daesung froze in Seunghyun's arms, “Did you say Youngsuk?” Seunghyun held him tighter while dismissing the uncomfortable pain in his stomach, “How? How do you know him?”

 

Youngbae gave him a sad smile, “I'll tell you when we get back to my place. I don't want to talk about it here.”

 

Daesung would have never guessed that Youngsuk was the one who made Youngbae promise. The last he had seen him he had gotten him in the whole situation with Taehyun. If it wasn't for him he would have never been in the predicament he was in now, but then again he would have never met Seunghyun. Youngsuk's presence was a blessing and a curse.

 

A couple of officers wondered over to their group. They had notepads an pencils in their hands, Daesung groaned when he realized that they were going to start asking them questions about what happened.

 

The group nervously milled around the officers. They didn't want to tell them the whole the truth, but they guessed it would be inevitable since they had no time to make up a lie. It seemed like hours before they were let go. Seungri was the most nervous during the interrogation. He was the most affiliated with Taehyun and he had to bounce around questions to keep from telling to much. Youngbae had the same calm demeanor and had even given them his real name instead of Taeyang. Jiyong on the other hand kept up the snarky attitude when speaking to the officers, he didn't say much and when he did it as usually to say something sarcastic. The only two that really didn't have to change anything was Seunghyun and Daesung. They weren't involved in anything illegal and had the cleanest records among all of them.

 

Once the policemen finished with their questions all of them sighed in relief.

 

Seungri was the first to speak, “You think they're going to call us in for more questioning?”

 

Jiyong crossed his arms, “They better not, I have better thins to do than answer pointless questions about someone I don't know.”

 

Seunghyun gave him an exasperated look, “You know you didn't have to come in the first place.”

 

“It was the right thing to do. What was I supposed to do? Wave good bye and hope you all got back safe while I sat back like a coward and waited? I don't think so.”

 

“It's nice you came anyways.” he supposed he should give Jiyong a little credit.

 

“The pleasures mine.” the sentence still came out with a bit of attitude in it, but secretly Jiyong was a little happy Seunghyun had liked that he came. Even if he was only saying it to be nice.

 

Daesung squirmed in Seunghyun's arms, “Can we go now? I don't feel comfortable being here.”

 

They all agreed that it would be a good idea to leave the crime scene and go back to Youngbae's before anything decided to happen while they were there.

 

By the time that they had gotten back to Youngbae's they were all tired. It was a long day and all of them thought they should at least be shaken up about witnessing someone's death, but none of them could muster up anything for Taehyun. Only slight disappointment could be found on their faces because they wanted him to answer for his crimes.

 

Once everyone was settled Daesung piped up not letting Youngbae forget about what he said earlier, “About Youngsuk.”

 

Youngbae sighed he was hoping he would let it go but that was futile with the ever curious Daesung. “Alright I guess it's time that I tell you.” he leaned back in his chair, everyone was curious as to what he was going to say. “Before I met you I met Youngsuk in front of your school.”

 

He remembered it vividly, Youngsuk had been sitting under a tree staring at nothing in particular. That day Youngbae had only been passing bye when he saw the guy. He would have kept going but there was something weird about the guy just sitting there under the tree. He had walked over to the guy wondering what his deal was.

 

Youngsuk had spotted Youngbae walking toward him and slowly turned his toward him. There was never any expression on his face as he watched Youngbae get closer to him. His penetrating gaze almost him turn around and pretend like he had never seen him, but Youngbae was to curious as to what was up with this guy.

 

“Hey are you okay?”

 

Youngsuk ignored his question and instead pointed in some direction, “Do you see that boy over there?”

 

Youngbae looked where he was pointing, he saw a brown haired boy that looked like he had lost everything that gave him happiness, “Yes. What about him?”

 

Youngsuk stared at the the boy with sad eyes, “I did something horrible to him. I've been regretting it ever since. He used to have a bright smile, now look at him.”

 

“What'd you do?” he took another glance at the boy sitting on a bench. He looked thoroughly depressed. Youngbae wondered what could have happened to him to make him look so sad and broken.

 

“If I tell you, you have to do me a favor.” he looked up Youngbae expecting him to walk away. Youngbae was not he first person to walk up to him and ask what he was doing, he wondered if he would be the first to actually stay.

 

Youngbae thought about it, could he really do a favor for a complete stranger? What he asks him to do something weird or something dangerous. He smirked, he was always into something Dangerous because of his recent choices in his life. What would one other thing give him? “Sure I'll do you a favor, if you tell me your story.”

 

Youngsuk's eyebrows shot up, no one had ever taken him up on his offer, “Thank you, you don't know what this means to me.” he faced the boy sitting on the bench and started telling him what he had done and all his regrets about it.

 

Youngbae stood there listening to what he had to say. He was astounded as to what he had did to the poor boy sitting not to far away from them. It was unnerving to stand there knowing what he did, but at least he was man enough to know that what he did was completely wrong.

 

He didn't know what to say when he finished, “You really regret everything don't you?”

 

“Of course, I just wish I could have felt this way before I took him to Taehyun.”

 

“Why'd you do it then?”

 

“I owed him a lot of money and he said I could repay him that way and that if I didn't he wouldn't be happy. He's a very dangerous man I suppose he wouldn't have hesitated to kill me if I never payed him back.”

 

“I see, so you did it out of fear for your life?”

 

“Yes, now about my favor.”

 

“Yeah what about it?”

 

“Can you promise me something?” he looked over at the now empty bench.

 

Youngbae traveled his gaze to the spot Youngsuk was looking. He had just learned the name of the boy that was sitting there; Daesung. He wondered if his favor had something to do with him.

 

“Promise you what?”

 

He tore his eyes from the bench, “Promise me that you'll take care of Daesung and something else.”

 

Youngbae was curious as to what else he could possibly want, “What else?”

 

Youngbae stopped telling his story and looked at all of them, “That's the end.”

 

They all looked at each other with confused looks. How could that be the end? He didn't say what else Youngsuk wanted.

 

“That can't be the end.” Daesung folded his arms over his chest and gave Youngbae a stern look, “What did he say when you asked?”

 

“It's none of your business what he had asked me. It didn't have anything to do with you and I'm keeping it to myself, to the grave.” Youngbae was done with everything he had to say. What happened next wasn't anything that he would say, he promised himself that he would take it with him to the grave, and he never brakes promises.

 

Seungri gave Youngbae a peculiar look, “Can we go outside for a second?”

 

Youngbae raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

 

“Just for a second.” he got up and waited for Youngbae to follow after him, “It won't take long.”

 

Youngbae got up and followed him out the door, “What do you want?”

 

“About the Youngsuk guy, he's dead isn't he?”

 

“What?”

 

“He's dead isn't he?”

 

“No.” it was a lie and they both knew it.

 

“It's okay, before I left Taehyun he told me about some guy that was extremely guilty for something he had did to Daesung. When I asked what happened to him, he said that he was dead. He also said that who killed him was someone that I might know, then left it at that.”

 

“So?”

 

“So, with information and what you just told me I can only assume that it was you. Is that what happened? Did he ask you to kill him?”

 

Youngbae turned around and put his hand on the doorknob, “I'm not going into details, but I did take pity on the guy. I knew if I said no he would of done it himself. I did it because it was my favor to him.”

 

“You keep any favor no matter what it is?”

 

“After that, no.” he twisted the knob, “Keep this to yourself.” and then he walked in like he hadn't just talked to Seungri about taking pity on a sorry soul. Everybody makes mistakes, some little, and some big. Youngbae's just happened to be major.

 

Jiyong watched them walk in with a bit of interest, “What did you guys talk about?”

 

“Nothing interesting, Seungri just had a personal question to ask.”

 

Jiyong looked over to Seungri, “Personal?”

 

“Yeah, personal.” Seungri shifted in his seat. He was going to have to keep Youngbae's secret and it was already proving difficult.

 

Jiyong nodded, not at all interested in Seungri's personal business.

 

Seunghyun yawned and stretched, “Well this is awkward.”

 

Daesung started laughing, “I'd say it's ironic.”

 

“How so?”

 

“The friend that stabbed me in the back ended up getting me a friend that I could never get rid of.”

 

Youngbae started laughing too, “You did try to fight me for the longest time. Actually I'd have to say you stopped trying to push me away when you found someone new to bother.” he gave Seunghyun a sly smirk.

 

Daesung narrowed his eyes, “Are you trying to say I'm a nuisance?”

 

“You said it.”

 

Daesung looked over to Seunghyun, “Am I a nuisance?”

 

Seunghyun chuckled, “I wouldn't say a nuisance per se.”

 

“Great now I have two people to gang up on me.”

 

They all laughed. It continue like that for the rest of the day. They all laughed and teased each other trying to figure everyone out. Everyone's relationship with each other wasn't best friend level but they were working on it. It was pain that had brought them all together and it would be their old wounds that would keep them together.