My Story

Be My Smile

Two years ago Daesung had been a very happy person and he naively trusted people he had only met moments before. It was through his quick decision to trust someone named Youngsuk that caused part of Daesung's pain. In the beginning when he met Youngsuk everything had been. He seemed a bit odd but Daesung wrote that off at the guy just being different from others. Daesung had only known him for a couple months but trusted him completely. Youngsuk treated him well and Daesung felt that he could tell him anything; in fact that was what he did.

 

Daesung had entrusted this guy with his secrets and he never felt that he would tell a soul. Youngsuk was the first person that he told about his uality. Daesung didn't believe that there was anything wrong with his new friend and he didn't see the signs that showed him that he should have been wary of the guy that randomly popped up in his life, but Daesung had still been young and unfortunately he had to learn the hardships of life firsthand.

 

Daesung didn't know at the time Youngsuk wasn't a good guy. He had spotted Daesung in front of the school one day and thought Daesung was just the right kid for what he had in mind. Daesung never knew that Youngsuk's kind gestures and friendly smiles were the works of the devil.

 

Daesung told Seunghyun about him and Youngsuk's friendship and how quickly it developed over the little time they knew each other. He told how didn't suspect something to be up until Youngsuk had invited him to a party with little to no information about it. He had been a bit apprehensive in going in the first place but had put that thought in the back of his mind thinking that it was only nerves. When he had walked into the house that was hosting he instantly knew that the party was not his scene, but he disregarded his unease because he wanted to see Youngsuk before he decided to leave.

 

Youngsuk had not been far from the entrance and it almost looked like he was waiting for Daesung in the spot he was standing. He spotted Daesung and wide smile spread on his face.

 

“You made it!”

 

Daesung glanced around at the dancing people around him, “Yeah, but I don't know if I'll be staying long.”

 

Youngsuk's smile slipped from his face, “You can't leave, at least not before I introduce you to a close friend of mine.”

 

“Who's this friend of yours?”

 

“You'll see soon enough, I've wanted you to meet him for a long time.”

 

Daesung had ignored his cryptic words and followed Youngsuk to the a back room. Warning bells had sounded off in Daesung's head when they entered the quiet room with dim lights. The usual safe feeling that he had around Youngsuk was being replaced with a feeling of danger. He would have turned back and got out of there quick but Youngsuk had been blocking his way and he heard the click of a lock. He felt that now was the time to start panicking.

 

“Youngsuk what's going on?”

 

“Don't worry about it everything will be okay.” his voice was soothing, but there was also a hint of deception in it.

 

Daesung stayed quiet as he saw another figure appear from a different door in front of him. The male that stepped out of the shadows was a good looking man with dark hair and pearly whites. If not for frightening aura about him Daesung would have dwelled on his appearance a bit more.

 

Youngsuk started a brief conversation with the unknown man. Only bits and pieces of the conversation could be heard by Daesung. Things like 'cute' and 'you did well' floated over to Daesung's ears.

 

Subconsciously Daesung backed up into a wall. He knew something was up and he scared to find out what they had in store for him. Youngsuk turned back to the scared Daesung with a now patronizing smile on his face.

 

“Daesung come over here for a second.” he motioned him over with his hand.

 

Daesung knew he had no other chose but to humor him so he reluctantly walked up to the two offending figures. “Yes?”

 

Youngsuk motioned to the guy standing next to him, “This is my friend Taehyun.”

 

“It's very nice to meet you, but I think I should be going now.” Daesung wanted to leave the two's presence but Youngsuk had had a tight grip on his shoulders causing him to be immobile.

 

“Don't be rude Daesung, stay a while.” Youngsuk guided him over to a couch and sat him down. He leaned down to look Daesung in the eye. “You stay here while I wait outside the door, scream if you need me.” he smiled and walked out the door.

 

Taehyun had not said a word till Youngsuk left room his whole attitude flipped. The smile that was showing his pearly whites slipped off his face to replace an upsetting smirk. He walked over to Daesung with a look of intent. At that moment Daesung prayed that this man would not touch him and he would be able to go home unharmed, but it seemed like his prayers had been left to deaf ears.

 

Daesung looked up to the man towering over him with pleading eyes, “Please just let me go.” he was trying his hardest not to show the fear that had been building up inside of him.

 

Taehyun's smirk almost turned into look of pity, “I'm sorry that you had to be unlucky and associate yourself with Youngsuk. With that pitiful look of yours I almost want to let you go, but that face of yours is just too darn cute to let you slip away.”

 

Daesung's heart dropped when he heard those words. He almost mentally slapped himself for being so stupid. He knew that there was no turning back from the hole he had dug himself in and he knew that whatever this man was going to do him would damage him for life. He squeezed his eyes shut and started mumbling silent prayers to himself as he waited for the inevitable to happen. He had already given up because he had a feeling if he tried anything his once trusted friend wouldn't hesitate to pin him down and let this man do god knows what with him.

 

Taehyun watched in amusement as Daesung still had his eyes closed saying silent prayers that he thought would help him. He grabbed Daesung's wrists then leaned in and whispered in his ear. “Open your eyes those prayers won't help you now.”

 

Involuntarily Daesung's eyes did open as he stared at Taehyun; a face he would never forget.

 

Seunghyun had been listening intently to Daesung's words, but at this part Daesung faltered in the fluidity of his story. Seunghyun squeezed the hand he was holding for reassurance and Daesung tried to start up again.

 

“He...he...” Daesung stared blankly at the kitchen table.

 

“It's okay I understand.” Seunghyun Daesung's hand with his thumb and waited for him to finish.

 

Daesung skipped the truly graphic parts of his story and started off to the next morning.

He had woken up with nothing but a sore body and graphic memories. All he could see behind his eyelids was a sweat drenched Taehyun and he still felt like he feel his hands on his body. Daesung wanted to curl up in a ball. He thoroughly disgusted with himself and he couldn't believe that he wasn't strong enough to stop anything from happening to him.

 

He tried to keep in the tears that threatened to fall at bay but it seemed like he was trying to hold back flood gates and just ended up failing miserably. He sat on the floor crying pitifully with a sheet barely covering his body. He was angry and upset mostly at himself for putting his trust in someone he had barely knew anything about. This was the last thing he had ever thought would happen to him when he spoke to Youngsuk. He put his arms around his knees and shook violently from the hurt and disgust that he felt. He didn't feel like he could ever be happy again or that he would let himself be.

 

Now that he was fully awake he could feel the bruises that had formed on his body and the aching pain he felt all over. He wrapped the sheet around him and looked around for any sign of his clothes. He got up painfully and searched in vain for something that could cover him up other than the white sheet he had wrapped around himself. He spotted his boxers in a corner and slipped them on, it was better than nothing.

 

He looked around the room with a feeling of panic slowly building up in him. He was still in the house and he didn't know if Taehyun would be coming back finish him off or keep him there forever. He was about ready to start sobbing again when he noticed the door that lead to the main hallway was left slight ajar. Someone must have been looking out for him for this small miracle to happen. He limped over to the door and peeked through the crack and made sure that no one would be able to stop him from making it to the front door.

 

Ignoring that he was only in his boxers he quietly snuck out of the room and walked slowly down the hallway in precaution. He didn't see anyone in between him and his escape so he took in a deep breath and ran out of there, he didn't care about the pain or anything else besides escaping.

 

“What did you do next?”

 

Daesung shook his head, “I didn't do anything, I made sure I didn't get stopped by the cops for indecent and somehow made my way home.” Daesung's voice was low and hoarse from all the talking.

 

“You didn't try to go to the cops later?”

 

“No, I was to ashamed to. I didn't do anything but got to school and try to act like nothing happened, but that didn't work at all. I became quieter and angrier and soon I started losing friends. People knew there was something wrong with me but I wouldn't say anything so eventually they gave up on trying to help me. Then I started doing things that I wasn't proud of to keep my mind off of what happened.” Daesung took in a deep breath, “That all lasted for a few months till my parents decided that maybe a new school would be better.”

 

Daesung didn't wait for Seunghyun to respond, “Then sent me out here thinking that a change of scenery would be better for me. Of course it just got worst for me. There are many people I've hurt since then because I have frightened of developing any relationships since then. It's hard for me to trust someone and I still have that dirty feeling from that man.” Daesung wiped at the tears that were threatening to fall, “Everyday since then I have felt like my life was meant for people to come in and wipe there feet on my pain. Since then I've always expected people to eventually walk out on me yet you and Taeyang haven't. Taeyang stepped into my life a year ago randomly when I was feeling my worst. I've put him through so much hell since I met him and I sill haven't thanked him for the things he's tried to help me with.”

 

“It's never too late for that.”

 

“You might be right.” Daesung looked at his and Seunghyun's intertwined hands. “That man...touched me...he took away everything that I was and left me with the person I am now. Till this day I don't know what I did to deserve what he had done to me. What did I do?” he looked at Seunghyun with desperate eyes.

 

“You didn't do anything, they were the people that are sick not you. You shouldn't blame yourself for anything that's happened.”

 

“But I let it happen. It is my fault! Everything, everything is my fault. I told you what happened you should know that it must have been something I did for them to do this me.” Daesung was letting it all out. He was letting the feelings he had about this finally out. “Why? What did I do? I just want to know what I did.”

 

Seunghyun unclasped their fingers and instead pulled Daesung in for hug causing him to cradle Daesung in his lap. Daesung wrapped his arms around Seunghyun's neck and rested his head on his shoulder. Seunghyun could hear the quiet sobs.

 

“You didn't do anything. It's not your fault.” he kept repeating that to Daesung until his sobs subsided.

 

They sat that way for a long time before Daesung broke the silence. He was still mumbling in Seunghyun's shoulder, “Do you think I'm disgusting now?”

 

Seunghyun held him tighter, “Of course not. I would never think that about you, never.” Seunghyun rubbed his back soothingly, “Why would you think that?”

 

“Because that's what I think about myself. I'm a truly disgusting person, I know I am.”

 

“Then we have conflicting opinions then. I've never thought way about you. Do you want to know what I think about you?”

 

“I'm not sure if I do.” Daesung turned his head sideways towards Seunghyun's neck. “Is it good?”

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“Then I guess I want to hear what you have to say, but I'm sure it can't be too good.”

 

“I think you're very strong. You've through more crap than I have but you're still going strong. I don't know how many times I've tried to end it or cut for things that have happened in my life. When you do, your smile is like an angels and without even trying you've turned my life around. If you would stop putting yourself down I know you can do great things.”

 

“What kind of great things?”

 

Seunghyun smiled warmly, “Anything you want, it's never to late to be the person you want to be.”

 

“What if I just want to be with you?” Daesung buried his face into Seunghyun's neck.

 

“Then so be it, you can stay by my side for as long as you want.”

 

Daesung didn't think Seunghyun knew what he truly meant by what he said. Daesung was done denying things to himself . He had always wanted Seunghyun in a physical way, but today was the day that he realized he didn't just want Seunghyun physically. Daesung wanted all of Seunghyun, mind and body.

Telling Seunghyun about his past was thing, but admitting his true feelings would be another challenge for another day.

 

Seunghyun had noticed that Daesung had grown still silent. He angled his head to see if Daesung had fallen asleep. He wasn't asleep yet but Seunghyun could tell that sleep was coming for Daesung.

 

Seunghyun picked him bridle style and carried him back to his room. He put him on his bed and was about to leave the room, but Daesung had grasped his arm to keep him from going.

 

“Is there something you need?”

 

“Stay with me?” Daesung let go of his arm, “I just don't want to be alone.”

 

“Okay, I'll stay.”

 

He got on the other side of the bed and laid on his back. Daesung snuggled up to Seunghyun and held him tightly afraid that Seunghyun would leave if he didn't. Seunghyun wrapped his arm around Daesung's shoulders and decided he was going to be there for a while, so he closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep with Daesung by his side.