Lost and Found

Star-crossed

 

Jael’s POV

 

Ito, Kai and I gathered around the main Hall while we discuss about what is going to happen to the Mutated. It’s really astounding about how the Commander managed to install some device in their head and computerize all of their actions. My brain jogged, recalling almost all my interactions with the Commander, trying to see if he gave me any hints last time.

 

“Unless we can figure out how the Commander tweak their brains, otherwise there’s nothing we can do. There are not much resources here either…” I trailed, brushing my hair away from my face and scratched my scalp. Kai was very quiet, and whenever I talk, he’ll look away coolly like I wasn’t even there. *It’s not the time to be angry, Jael. Don’t be angry. Stay calm.*

 

“You are right, Jael. There’s not much we could do…” Ito said. She was still in the Queen’s position – I mean the citizens will go nuts if they realized nobody is on the throne. So for now she’ll just manage it for me.

 

And honestly, it’s not like I really want it either.

 

“Does L knows anything about this?” Ito questioned and that triggered an idea in me. I clapped my hands once before speaking. Kai and Ito’s body jerked up in attention.

 

“Maybe L can help us! Why didn’t I think of it before?”

 

“What do you mean, Jael?” Ito asked, touching my shoulder gently.

 

“Since the Commander died, well, I’m assuming no one else is going to harm us anymore so we can just go to the Human World and gather information. But we must do this fast before the mutants get out of hand, again.” I emphasized the word and cast a quick glance towards Kai.

 

“It’s not really a bad plan. But are you sure…?” Ito asked again, afraid that something will happen when I’m there. She still doesn’t really trust the Humans. Not after what they did.

 

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. I’ll ask L to help us research about this. Besides, I believe the Commander has a partner in crime. We could get him to reveal the secret behind this.” I explained my reasons and it looks plausible. I guess I’m going back again then.

 

“Okay. Are you going alone?”

 

“Y-yea, I think so…”

 

“Kai…?” she turned to Kai. He paused and thought for a while before answering yes. “That’s good. At least there’s somebody to go with you.” She patted my hand, worry filled her eyes.

 

I gave her a smile. “Don’t worry, Ito. I’ll be fine.”

 

“Okay. Kai make sure you protect her, all right?”

 

He nodded silently. “I’ll get going first then. Needa prepare my backpack.” I said, pulling away from her grip softly. “I’ll be back as soon as possible.” I said.

 

“All right. Good luck, Jael. Have fun too.”

 

**

 

 

“Are you really going to ignore me?” I said, breaking the awkward silence in the carriage. Yes, we’re going there by carriage and not as spies again because it should be this way. I still have my own doubts though, what if the Guards still don’t know what’s going on and attack us?

 

“I’m just breathing.” Kai said curtly. I have no idea what he’s angry for. I saved his from Kyungsoo’s dangerous looking flames and he blamed me for injuring him. Boys…

 

“If it’s because of Kyungsoo then I apologize. Sorry.” I gave in, being the ‘better’ person here. I’m not petty.

 

“No, it’s not because of that.” He sighed and frowned his brows. “I’m just frustrated that this is taking too long to deal with. One batter after another; when will it end?”

 

My eyes soften and I clasped my hands over his. His warmth was always comfortable, unlike mine, forever cold. I moved closer to him. “Don’t worry. It’s going to be all right. Besides, all these journey will be a memory for all of us!”

 

Finally he smiled, not a really wide smile but at least he’s showing expression. “You are too optimistic. I’m not.” He squeezed my hand tightly. “But it’s good.” I snuggled closer to him and bury my head in his chest. He smoothened the length of my brown locks, caressing it softly.

 

“What if we can’t find anything over there? What are we going to do to the mutants?” I asked.


“I have no idea, Jael. Let’s just pray that the Commander really had a ‘partner-in-crime’ like what you’d said.”

**

 

Once we crossed the Estrovian’s border, we finally reached the Human part of the Forbidden Forest. I ordered for the carriage to halt, as we’ll just walk our way in, in case we attract any unwanted attention. Dusk is setting and we got to hurry before it turns completely dark.

 

“Is that Blackie?” Kai pointed to the dark figure in front of us. His back was facing us so I can’t really tell… The figure turned around after hearing our footsteps. He beamed.

 

“Omg! L!” I rushed up to him. “What are you doing here?”

 

He chuckled and ruffled my head. “To pick you up and of course to pick my best friend up too.” L smirked at Kai but Kai just rolled his eyes.

 

“How did you know we were coming?”

 

“Based on my own intelligence network.” He said. “Come, let’s go. We’ve got lots to catch up on.”

 

We made our way into L’s car. He brought along a few of his Guards – for security purposes. “Wow, so are you the new Commander now?”


“Temporary Commander; to be accurate. But the rest of the officials were insistent that I be the Commander. I hate it.” L spat, going onto a drive, his car accelerating. The roads were clear and it’s safe for him to speed.

 

“I see,”

 

“Just admit that you’re lazy, Black.” Kai muttered. I shot him a look that says ‘don’t be mean’ but Kai looked as if he’s going to be carsick. I laughed.

 

“Are you ok, Kai?”

 

He breathed deeply before answering. “Yes.”


“Well, somebody’s getting carsick. You better don’t puke all over in my car. It’s quite expensive.” L stepped on the gas and zoomed past the tall buildings and moments later he pulled to a stop just right beside his office. I had to prepare a barf bag for Kai in case he can’t hold it anymore.

 

“Who knows a strong man like you will have such weakness.” I snorted a laugh while rubbing his back in huge circles. He crawled out of the car, still a bit shaky from the ride.

 

“I’m never riding that.” Kai mumbled and L slapped his back.


“Come on, don’t be a jock.” L chortled out loud while Kai glared at him. We followed L into his own office and settled down. I lowered my backpack at the side of the room before taking a seat.

 

L served us plain water before he started the meeting. “Let’s keep it short and quick.” L said, bringing up his Communicator screen and showing all of us. “I researched on the previous Commander’s works and look what I’ve found.”

 

The image shifted from the dead Commander’s face to a microchip that looked like a component of the Bomb. “Wait, L. What are we discussing about?”

 

“What else? Aren’t you guys asking about the mutated people?”

 

I eyed him curiously. “I didn’t actually tell you about the mutated people but whatever. Keep going.”

 

He cleared his throat and continued. “So this is a Nano chip – it’s even smaller than a micro and I believe this is what is used to implant this into their heads.”

 

“Where did you get this information?” this time Kai asked. “We didn’t let you take them and scan right?”

 

“You didn’t. But apparently Park had already done this test to the Humans before he even did to you guys. And the results weren’t good.”

 

“Is that person still alive?”

 

“Yes. But she’s a vegetable. Not functioning anymore because the nano-chip self-destructed.” L then snapped his fingers and the screen changed from the nano-chip to a little girl lying on a bed. She’s sleeping really peacefully. And she looked kind of familiar…

 

“Oh my God…” I think I’ve seen her before… In one of the pictures.

 

“She’s Park’s very own daughter.” L revealed and I gasped. But...why?

 


A/N: Sorry for not updating regularly. >< Currently addicted to doing videos HAHAHAH *shoots self* 
 

Have a great advance weekends ahead! Happy Mid-autumn festival! ^^