L's Home

Star-crossed

Jael's POV

 

“Stupid Human.”

 

“Dumb Estrovian.”

 

“Senseless and shameful Human.”

 

“Blonde - ”

 

“I swear to all the gods above; if you both would not stop bickering, I will just move on without the both of you,” I stamped on my foot, and my arms akimbo. We were in the middle of the Forbidden Forest and the sun has set a long time ago. And yes, the two idiots here are still fighting ever since back in the Palace.

 

They stared at me, Kai flicking his hair to one side whereas L pretended that nothing ever happened. I feel like a mother and the both of them are like my five year old sons. “Guys, please. Stop your nonsensical arguments. We can continue those childish quarrelling when our mission is done, all right?”

 

“You should ask his iness about it. I didn’t start it first,” L defended. I gave him my glare.

 

L stop, I mouthed. He shrugged his shoulders and walked ahead first, leaving Kai and I alone. When L was just a good distance ahead, I walked into step beside Kai, interlocking my arm around his. The moonlight filtered through the trees, casting a cool glow on the ground that splayed out in front of us. The wind tonight was just nice, blowing and tugging the ends of my ponytail and caressing softly against my skin.

 

If it weren’t for the spy thingy, this would’ve been our daily walk in the park, with Knight trotting alongside us. “Don’t worry, Kyungsoo is going to be all right.” I said softly. Kai’s fingers slowly slipped into mine, our fingers interlocking together. His touch was electric – always happens, creating a shock around the area where he touched me.

 

“I’m sorry,” Kai finally answered.

 

“What for?”

 

“For being a to you,” he said, squeezing my fingers. “Kyungsoo’s my best friend; my brother. He’s really important, you know.”

 

I squeezed his fingers back. “I know.”

 

We trekked down the hill silently, only the winds and some cricket sounds accompanying us. “What happens after all this?” I asked, keeping my voice steady and normal.

 

“You mean us?” he sighed, before continuing. “Honestly, I don’t know, Jael. I don’t.”

 

“Yeah, right. Forget it, let’s just complete what we are supposed to do first,” I said, picking up speed because L wasn’t in my sight already. He’s probably just behind those thick trees, where we can’t see him. “Let us hurry, we’re losing L.”

 

“He’s still here,” Kai pulled back, slowing us down. “Relax.”

 

“You can sense him?” I cocked my head to one side, curious. “Aren’t we supposed to wear the bracelet?”

 

Kai flicked my forehead and it stung, honestly. It stings like hell. I shrieked, prying away from his grip and massaged my stinging forehead. I scowled at him. “What was that for?”

 

“For your stupidity. Look there,” he pointed to my northwest direction and I followed his hand. My eyes adjusted to the bright lights coming from there – lights which I didn’t see for so darn long. Just down this hill was a small little Human town, just before the Forbidden Forest border. Short buildings were situated there and L was just standing there, leaning against the tall tree, and looking relaxed.

 

“Yeap, I am stupid.” I declared, catching up with L. “So this entire Town is yours?” I asked.

 

“Yep. My Dad owns it. He’s the Mayor of this Town. So it’s my territory and it’s safe.” L said proudly. His dark eyes glittered, definitely happy to be home. “We’ll have free rides into the City, so be honoured.”

 

“Pst, right.” Kai uttered under his breath and I elbowed his sides. He grimaced and it’s my turn to smirk.

 

We headed down the hill again, anticipation build up in me. I felt light-headed when we stepped into the town where cars hovered above ground and zoomed past us. The Humans were still active and alive at night, having their mini celebrations in the backyard, front yard and whatsoever. Music blasting loudly from each of the different houses, making my ear rang.

 

I was clearly getting used to the quietness in Estrovia and suddenly being slammed back to this technologically operated world really gets into my nerves. If I feel worse, you all should see Kai. His face was white as a sheet and I can see that he’s controlling the urge to vomit because of all these sounds and radiation.

 

“My house is upfront. It’s away from all these noises so Kai will feel better.” L stated after seeing how Kai looked.

 

“Kai you look awful. Are you all right?” I asked, patting his back. “You’ll get used to this. It isn’t so bad.”

 

“It is pretty bad.” He muttered, breathing heavily and clutching onto his backpack tightly. Sweat glistened on his cheek and I’m pretty sure he’ll end up in a pretty bad state if we’re not in a sound proof room soon.

 

“All right, we’re here.” L said. I looked around the empty street but see no houses in front of him only a dead end.

 

“Um, L… Where is your house? I don’t see it.” I tiptoed, craning to see over his shoulder but nope – nothing.

 

He took out his own communicator and keyed in some password, making beeping sounds. Kai’s breathing was getting raspier and he’s leaning against me for support, arms around my shoulder. And he still feels incredibly light. I rubbed my hand around his, trying to comfort him. “We’re almost reaching… I guess.” I told him.

 

“Don’t scream.” L suddenly warned. “My house is special.” He winked and I took exactly one second to process what he’d just said when the ground below us disappeared and we dropped into a hole.

 

“KIM MYUNGSOO!!!! AHHHHH!” I screamed in horror we fell. Half the time I was thinking whether is there any trampoline or cushion to safe us but the other half I was picturing my own body cracking all over and blood flowing out of my head.

 

My first half was correct.

 

Thank God.

 

My body landed against something soft and extremely comfortable. L was just beside me, his arms outstretched and laughing happily at his own joke that he managed to fool us. Apparently his house was underground, no wonder he said that it was quieter and secretive.

 

And Kai – Kai was just above me, body pressed against mine, his heartbeat becoming more stable as the silence wore on. L got down from the cushion and clicked another few buttons on his communicator. The room was then illuminated with the soft light coming from the high ceilings where we dropped.

 

Gosh this place was beautiful. It was like as if the little lights were like stars twinkling. The floors also had lights glowing to light up the way in case we trip and fall. L’s house was just like a normal apartment. Beside this huge cushion was his living room with a huge screen television and sofa. He had a nice, pleasant looking kitchen at the side with a bar table and just a pathetic chair. And he had two rooms just right beside the kitchen.

 

How convenient.

 

Kai got off from me, lying just beside me and massaging his temples. Colour returned to his face and heck it, it’s definitely much more quieter over here. “So where are we sleeping, L?” I to my side, propping my head with my elbow. “And where’s your shower room? I stink.”

 

“I am definitely sleeping in my own room. Do you want to join me?” L replied, taking a glass of water.

 

“Um, no thanks. I’ll just take your guest room.” I said.

 

“I’ll sleep with Jael,” Kai said. “Since there are only two rooms.”

 

I scooted away from him. “No. Way.”

 

“Yes way.” Kai said, mimicking me and propping his body to his sides. “We can have our own personal cousin-cousin time.”

 

Wild thoughts swirled in my head and I pushed them away. “No way in hell I’m going to sleep with you. I’ll just take the sofa. Or this cushion thingy. Seems comfortable enough.” I bounced on the bed, testing its level of comfort. It’s pretty good. I like it.

 

“I suggest you don’t sleep on that. You’ll be the first one to die if somebody managed to pass through that secret hole.” L came towards us with a glass of water in his hand. He looked at us, waiting for our answer but let out a breath when we didn’t reply him.

 

“All right, fine. Kai and Jael will sleep together.” He stated.

 

“What?!” I screeched. “No way!”

 

“That’s cool.” Kai added.

 

“Jael what are you thinking? It’s a double-decked bed, silly.” He pushed my head to aside, mocking my intelligence.

 

“Oh, okay, double-decked bed. That’s cool. I’m cool.” I said, climbing out of the cushion and made my way to the guest room. “By the way, where’s the shower room?”

 

“There’s one in the guest room.” L answered, grinning.


“Thanks.” I mumbled. “I’ll see you in the morning, L. And Kai – don’t come in until I’m done showering. Or else I will murder you.”

 

Kai let out a sleepy chuckle. “No promises, Jael. No promises.”

 

I closed the door behind me and I can’t help but to smile at that.

 


A/N: Gosh, my eyes are about to close after writing this. It's crappy and i think there's a lot of error in it. >< Sorry guys! ):