Kidnapped

Star-crossed

 

“Are you sure you can manage it? You can lean onto me if you can’t take it anymore,” I said, hands outstretched in case Kai fall. He staggered towards the balcony, holding whatever that’s near him for stability.

 

“It’s fine. I’m not that weak.” Just as he said it, Kai’s knees buckled and he stumbled forward. Fortunately, I managed to catch him on time. He’s seriously too light. His lean, masculine body is nearly lighter than mine. 

 

“Yea, Mr. Strong Guy, come on, you’re not that heavy. Let me help you,” I slung his arm over my shoulder and slid my arms around his waist. He let out a grunt but I took it as his way of saying thanks. “Where do you want to create your portal?”

 

“The exact same place where you found me.”

 

When we reached there, I placed him against the window to lean against to while he manifested the Magic Portal. He extended his right hand out and closed his eyes. Usually he wouldn’t because making portals was easy for him. But now it’s different. Probably cause he’s weak. But nonetheless, a bright light appeared and we both went in without hesitation, with him picturing the place in his head.

 

**

 

We landed in a place I’ve never been before but it was so hauntingly familiar as if I’ve been here for my whole life. The ceiling vaulted up so high until I had trouble seeing the end of it. The curved, glided staircase dominated the enormous room. Light streamed in through the arched ceiling tall windows and pictures of sceneries were hung on the velvet wallpaper. This entire place seemed so surreal – like an ancient times castle.

 

We drifted along the marbled floor and down towards the ground level where servants, butlers and soldiers were found. All of them were rushing in and out of the place, not noticing our sudden arrival. “Welcome to my house.” Kai said, straightening himself.

 

“Your house is huge.”

 

“Yes. But yours isn’t that small either. Come, my Mother’s room is in here.” We passed through a huge double door and safely reached his Mother’s room. However, soldiers were stationed outside her quarters, none of them allowing even Kai to enter.

 

“Your Highness, I apologise but Her Majesty specifically said that no one is allowed. Not even the Prince.” The soldier bowed, his armour made creaking sounds when he did that.

 

“Why? I am her son, the Prince of Estrovia and I can’t see my own Mother? Let me through.” Kai hissed, anger surged up in him.

 

“We apologise.” The other soldier bowed too.

 

Kai kicked the wall angrily, indignation blazed in his eyes. “Is she safe?”

 

“Yes, Your Highness. She’s very safe.”

 

“Tell her I dropped by.”

 

“We will, Your Highness. Have a good day.”

 

Kai spun on his heels, and went off without me. He must be too pissed to even care. “Wait! Kai!”

 

He stopped immediately and turned back, remorse plastered his face. “Oh, sorry – I was too angry.”

 

“It’s fine.” I said, going up to him. “It’s amazing how you can walk so fast even with that wound.”

 

“It doesn’t hurt when you’re feeling angry,” he laughed, but winced after that, feeling the pain. “I’m going to find Kyung Soo now. I hope he’s safe.” We made our way to the medical room where Kai has to find the cream for his wound. After rummaging the drawer, he managed to find the small little white bottle that labeled: Warning: Use only when wound is severe. Behind the bottle was some instructions on how to apply it but since it’s written in some foreign language that I didn’t know, I didn’t bother to read it.

 

Kai ripped the bottle cap opened and wanted to just dump the entire contents onto his body only after realizing he was still fully clothed.

 

“Let me help you.” I offered. He nodded gratefully and ed his shirt, exposing his bandaged body. I peeled his bloody bandages off and left it on the floor. “Lie down.” He did as I told and lay on his back, closing his eyes.

 

I dabbed the medicine onto the cotton and apply it on his slash. Kai grimaced, clenching the sheets on the sides tightly. “I’m sorry. But bear with me.”

 

To distract him, I asked him some questions. “Why is your Palace so quiet when there’s an ongoing war outside?”

 

“As long as your Dad doesn’t attack the Palace, this place will not be affected. But it seems like they’ve made their way to the central city. We better hurry and find your Dad to stop this.” He said.

 

By the time I finish applying the medicine, he sat up and in a breath. A moment later, his hair turned to golden and when he opened his eyes – it was blue. “Now watch the Magic.” Kai said, with a hint of mischievous in his tone. I didn’t get him at first, until when he pointed to his scar that was slowly closing up. After ten counts, his wound that nearly caused him to die was gone.

 

“Oh my God. H-How?”

 

“I couldn’t heal even after sleeping so it seems only this will help. It’s a rare medicine and only Royalties have supplies to it.” Kai said. “Let’s find Kyung Soo.”

 

The moment he said it, a soldier barged into our room and I pivoted, feeling embarrassed to be caught in a room with a half boy. “What is it?” Kai questioned.

 

“Your Highness! T-The Humans have retreated!”

 

Kai pivoted and stood beside me, his body went rigid, I don’t know whether he’s happy or just anticipating the next bad news that was to come.

 

“That’s not the main point – the Humans took back some of our kind and…” the soldier paused, his lips trembling, not sure if he should say this.

 

“And what?!” Kai boomed. I could almost feel his own power coming out from him. The mood was intense, as if he could set this place on fire any time.

 

“Lord KyungSoo and the Queen has been taken away along with other soldiers.”

 

Kai was just in front of the guard the next moment; his hands clutched the collar of his shirt, pulling him close. “I thought my Mother was safe in her room?”

 

“It was a lie, Your Highness. She went out for a hunt and the Humans took that chance to kidnap her. It was their motive to do that. And the soldiers outside her room must’ve received the wrong orders.” The guard explained timidly, his body shaking with fear.

 

“Kai, stop. Don’t let your emotions control you,” I stood beside him and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “Kai.”

 

“Let’s go.” Kai grabbed my wrist tightly but not too tight to stop the blood from flowing. Fury burned in his eyes. “Bring me to your Dad.”  

 


A/N: 
 

Gosh, this story is really hard work. OTL
More action/twists and turns will just continue going. 

Hope you guys enjoyed... (: