Knight & Horizon

Star-crossed

 

Author’s POV

 

The doctor came the moment when Kai stands up to get some more water from the next store. He took his time to bow to Kai and then looking at Jael who was still unconscious ever since just now. L quietly excused himself and went back to find Peto however, Kai managed to catch him before he could leave.

 

“Are you staying here for long?”

 

L gave him a glare and he had to shove Kai again for the umpteenth time. “No. I’m going back after I recovered. Maybe I should bring Jael along with me. Probably her Dad won’t scold her.”

 

Kai clutched L’s robe and pulled him close, his teeth clenching tightly and breathing hard. “Don’t you dare touch her.”

 

“Why? She doesn’t belong to this world. She grew up in my world. And I’m bringing her back.” L grabbed Kai’s hand and pushed him away. He pulled his hoodie up before trudging away from Kai. “Don’t worry, it won’t affect you. You’ll still live your life as usual.”

 

“I’m serious about this, Human. Don’t. Touch. Her.”

 

L turned back, a crooked smile graced his perfect face. “Face the truth, Prince boy. I can touch her. But you can’t. See you soon.” L tipped his head and then disappeared behind the fence of the next farm and helped Peto with the veggies.

 

Kai angrily punched the wall and cursed himself for having such a screwed life. “Your Highness? We must bring her back to the Palace for further treatment.” The doctor’s voice broke his trance.

 

in a deep breath, Kai replied. “Go. Kyungsoo, prepare the carriage and we’ll set off now.”

 

**

 

 

Jael’s POV

 

“Fortunately that young man managed to cool her down. If not, this lady’s life would be in danger.” The doctor said and he prescribed the medicine before taking his leave. I was back in my room, lying on the bed. I felt much better after drinking the hot chocolate and hydrating myself with water. Just three words for this incident: No more farming.

 

Kai thanked the doctor and closed the door behind him. “How are you feeling?”

 

I sipped my hot chocolate before answering him. “I’m fine. Did you pass the vegetables to the granny?”

 

Kai chuckled and ruffled my messy brown hair. I scowled at him. “Why are you worrying about this when you nearly died?”

 

“Yea, who’s fault was it that caused me to ‘nearly die’?”

 

“Fine, it was me; the bet is off. You win instead.” He sighed, running his hair through his own blonde locks. I narrowed my eyes on Kai and realized he was still looking torn and tattered, literally. A part of his shirt was torn and he looked tired as hell.

 

“You should rest.” I said. He should leave the room before my traitor mouth told him to stay and snuggle in bed with me. It’s forbidden, Jael. You know it. So shut it.

 

He sighed again. “Yea, I should. I’ll see you tomorrow. Dinner in bed. We’ll have horse-riding class tomorrow. Your attire should be here by midnight.”

 

I forced a smile, disappointed that he didn’t choose to stay for a little while more. “Sure. Night.”

 

Kai’s lips twitched into a small grin. “G’night.”

 

 

**

 

By next morning, I was feeling much, much more better. My energy returned and I was hopping around impatiently while waiting for Kai to have our first horse-riding lesson. I. Am. So. Excited.

 

I wonder what horsie do I get? White horses are so adorable. Black ones are pretty much fierce but yet alluring and charming on their own. Brown horses are reserved for soldiers only, which is pretty sad. I like the brown ones too.

 

Kai descended down the wide spiral stairs charismatically, his eyes casting a smoky feel to it today. Probably lack of sleep? But I was pretty sure he turned in early last night. Maybe it’s just that he looked like this all the time but I didn’t noticed. “Morning, Jael.”

 

“Mm, morning to you too.” I said, smiling.

 

“Nice outfit, by the way.” He added, smirking. “I like your…” His gaze glazed down from my head to my toes and I felt like I was under those stares. “Boots.” He settled on that and I sighed, thankfully he didn’t say my top. If not I would’ve punched him. Why? It’s because of the design of the shirt. Maybe that old tailor is really bad in designing or this is Estrovian’s style but he actually missed a button of my shirt, revealing my embarrassing cleavage and it made it looked like I’m a instead of some respectful lady of Estrovia.

 

“Oh, just shut it.” I said. “My boots are just like yours.”

 

“No, it isn’t. Yours has more patterns.”

 

I rolled my eyes at his ‘obvious’ comparison. “Have you taken your breakfast?” Kai asked.


“Yup.”

 

“Hydrate yourself?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Good. Kyungsoo, come over here awhile.” He ordered. Again, he leaned into Kyungsoo’s ears and whispered something in it. It seems like a long instruction or probably some nonsensical remarks about something that he didn’t want me to hear. I tapped my feet and waited for him to finish whispering.

 

“Just one?” Kyungsoo reconfirmed with Kai.

 

“Yea, one.” Kai said. “Meet you there later.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be there soon.” With that, Kyungsoo ran off to do whatever Kai has requested and I didn’t get to hear it. Great.

 

“What was that about?” I questioned, feeling left out.

 

“Nothing. It’s none of your business. Come on, let’s go.”

 

**

 

“He is called Snow and this is Knight. Pick one.” Kai held the reins of these two horses and I flitted my gaze from Snow to Knight and back to Snow again. Snow seems more appealing to me but Knight – he has that vibe in him that Snow doesn’t have. Like their names, it speaks their personal physique. Snow’s coat is all white and has really nice blue eyes. Whereas  Knight’s black. Jet-black coat. Snow’s tail had a little bit of greyish colour in it but Knight was fully black.

 

“Both of them are Estrovia’s most finest horses. Patient, gentle and yet strong and fast like the wind.” Kai explained. “I’d choose Knight though, he’s younger than Snow. Snow is really just our precious gem. Too fragile to touch.”

 

I nodded, pursing my lips as thoughts ran through my head. “I’ll pick Knight then. Where’s yours?”

 

“Wait here, I’ll put Snow back in and I’ll bring out mine.” Kai said, hauling Snow away. I felt bad though, both of them are my dream horses but I had to leave Snow. I brushed Knight’s hair, feeling his softness beneath my palms.

 

“You look scary, don’t you? But I’m not afraid.” I whispered, smoothly his fur down to the underside of his mouth. As if he could understand me, he snorted and snuggled closer to me. I laughed out loud. “You are so cute.”

 

“Wow, Knight is really loving you.” Kai emerged from the stable, pulling along his own horse. I gasped when I saw his own mighty horse trotting out of the stable. Kai smirked when he looked at my expression but I didn’t care.

 

“Holy cow.”

 

“If you’re wondering, it’s a Palomino horse. One of a kind.” Kai winked, smoothing his hand down his own horse. “Say hi to Horizon.”

 

“Horizon.” I muttered, ogling at the beauty of Kai’s horse. Like Kai, the air around the horse literally spells: Majestic. It’s fur colour is golden, but at under the sunlight, it seemed more creamy coloured rather than gold. His honey coloured tail flicked left and right as Kai pampered him. “Amazing, right?”

 

“Amazing.” I repeated. Beside me, Knight snorted again, probably jealous that I didn’t give him that much attention.

 

Kai chuckled. “Ready for your first lesson?”

 

I straightened my back and fixed my shirt. A bright and genuine smile graced my face. “Ready.”


A/N: As promised, double updates! It's friday tomorrow! Yay to weekends! ^^