Emergency Meeting

Star-crossed

 

Author’s POV

 

 

The celebration was pulled to a hold for a moment when L came forward, almost dying, announcing that Estrovians were being kidnapped again. An emergency meeting was held and all citizens were ordered to head back to their houses.

 

L was being quarantined in the hospital and the doctors are all trying their best to help him pull through. Apparently there was a gunshot wound around his stomach area, mercilessly missing his heart. The Human Guards were prepared for this event to happen and to – again, kidnap the Estrovians for reasons that nobody knows.

 

Inside the Queen’s study room, Kai, Jael and a couple of high-ranked soldiers gathered solemnly, thinking of a plan to rescue the missing Estrovians. Kai bore no expressions though; he just stood at the corner of the room, and ignoring the meeting.

 

“Jael do you have any idea on what the Humans are planning? Are they planning to have a full-fledge war on us?” the Queen was enraged for the Humans has once again ruined another special occasion and even successfully kidnapping her own people.

 

Jael lowered her head, her fingers clenched tight. “I don’t know, your majesty. I am clueless about this.”

 

“What about that boy? Who is he? Your Human friend? Is he to be trusted?”

 

Jael snapped her head up. “Yes! He’s my friend! And he can be trusted.” The Queen narrowed her eyes at Jael but she nodded her head, trusting her. She sighed, cradling her head in her hand, thinking about what step to take next.

 

“For now tighten the security around the gates and the Palace. If you spot any of those filthy Humans, capture them at once. Permission to use your own Aether Core is granted.” The Queen ordered to her own soldier and he saluted before heading out to convey the Queen’s instructions.

 

“Do we attack back?” Jael asked grimly. She hated the idea of having a war and never wanted this reality to happen. Never.

 

“When the time is right, we have no other choices dear…” the Queen said, shaking her head. “It’s not the first time this has occurred. Precautions must be taken place.”

 

“Why not we just attack them back sneakily?” Kai finally spoke, his eyes steeling on the both of them. “That’s what they always do to us, right? Now we do the same. I can act as a spy and smuggle myself into the Human territory. Find out what the hell are they doing and kill them.”

 

Jael stood up, alarmed by his suggestion. “No! You can’t kill them! It’s – It’s -”

 

“What do you suggest then? Invite them back here?” Kai’s voice rose. “Just because you lived there your whole life doesn’t mean you have control over them. Look what they’ve done! Kyungsoo is gone and who knows who’s next. You? Me?”

 

“Okay, okay.” Jael said, raising her hands up. “I go spy with you but we don’t kill unless necessary. I can help to infiltrate my Dad – I mean the Commander’s office. And we’ll rescue the Estrovians and Kyungsoo.” 

 

“No,” Kai looked away. “It’s too dangerous. I’ll go alone.”

 

“Alone? Are you crazy? It’ll be better if I go with you.”

 

“No, I can’t risk it.” Kai uttered, gritting his teeth before muttering the next few words. “You’ll be a burden.”

 

Jael’s temper rose and she was so tempted to slap Kai in front of his mother. “Me? A burden?” she gnarled, pulling her bun down and taking down the tiara, gripping it tightly in her hand. Her brown curls spilled down her back. “I’ll be the perfect spy since, well, I grew up in there.”

 

“It’s - ”

 

“All right, children. Stop.” The Queen ordered, shutting them up instantly. Jael snapped her head to the other direction, crossing her hands. Kai, too, did the same. The Queen looked at the both of them exasperatedly, sighing out loud.

 

“Why not both of you just go ahead. I believe Jael isn’t that weak. She’s a Special, remember? And it’ll be of great help if she knows the place well,” she smiled at her approvingly. Jael beamed. “And Kai – stop being a stereotype against girls. They can be strong too but I count on you on protecting her, all right?”

 

Kai grumbled like a little child and nodded his head reluctantly. “I know your best friend is kidnapped but for now we have to stay calm and act accordingly.” The Queen said. “Is it enough for the both of you? Do you need more people?”

 

“Yes, I think it’s perfectly good. If there are too many of us it’ll be a disaster and - ”

 

The Queen’s study door suddenly slammed opened, revealing L staggering inside. The doctors were trailing behind him, shouting for him to return back to his bunk bed but L didn’t listen. Instead he went on his knees in front of the Queen and asked, “Let me in too. I want to help.”

 

“L – are you crazy?” Jael shrieked. “You are not even healed.”

 

L groaned but he shook his head. “I can do this. It’s just a - ” He doubled forward, coughing and heaving at the same time. Jael winced, it must’ve been painful for him to go through this and being shot by his own kind.

 

“It’s impossible, black Human. You – in this condition, I’m afraid we have to opt you out.” Kai said, sneering at him. Jael looked at him quaintly, finding it amusing that Kai just called L ‘black Human.’

 

“It’s possible. I need a few days rest.” L muttered, his voice barely a weak whisper.

 

“Impossible.” Kai voice hardened.

 

Jael patted L’s back, trying to stop L from coughing up too badly. “Come on, he’s just trying to help. He’ll recover fast, I guess.”

 

“One burden is enough. I don’t need two.” Kai said, looking away.

 

Jael slammed her brows, definitely pissed at Kai. He’s venting his anger on Jael because Kyungsoo had been kidnapped and there’s technically nothing he could do. He was a coward and he knew it. “L is coming with us.” Jael finalized.

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.” Kai glared at her.

 

“Yes.” She returned his glare.

 

“Stop!” the Queen shouted yet again. “I shall make the final decision. This Human here will follow you both and that’s that. And Kai stop being such a brat.”

 

Jael gave Kai a smirk, glad that she’d won. Besides, there’s miracle medicine here to heal L. What’s with the worry? Jael may know where the Commander office is but L definitely knew more than her. He must go with them in order for their mission to succeed.

 

L collapsed in Jael’s arm again and the doctors rushed over. But for now, L must rest. 

 


A/N: Poor L, getting injured far too many times here. >< oops! 
Double updates! 

Am I too fast? Or just right? I hope you guys enjoyed. :) 

<3