GUCCI 1

Designer Wars

A/N: Sorry this took a while, but hey we got I got it done ^-^ I'll write my A/Ns at the end from now on, but I just wanted to say that the stuff written in Italics is either text message or English in this story. I hope you guys like the chapter. Remember to upvote, subscribe, and comment. Love you guys ~Yugifall PS The chapters labbled as LV are written by Emily_Brownie414 and chapters labled as Gucci are written by me.


I frown at my phone. Eun Mi just hangs up on me when I express my happiness. Normally she would be happy, but she’s probably busy with work (That I actually don’t really care about.) At least, I can land a job interview! Oh yeah! Who’s awesome? This chick. I start dancing in the middle of the living room, with no music playing in the background.

 

I should get ready for the interview later on today. Time to shower!

 

~oO:Oo~

 

Even though Eun Mi never got around to telling me what store was having job openings, I took it upon myself to research job openings close to the Louis Vuitton store. It was surprisingly easy since the only store that has a job opening is the brand new Gucci store opening across the street. Since it’s name brand, it will be easy for me to get into the fashion studios I want to work at. Fashion is my passion after all.

 

I manage to find some sort of professional clothing in my wardrobe. I recall my mom giving them to me when she wanted me to get a job in the States. Interviewing though isn’t my forte...I’m not going to mess this chance up though!

 

Puffing out my chest, I manage to walk to where the Louis Vuitton store is to see that people were working on putting the Gucci letters above the entrance to the store. Taking a deep breath, I step inside to see a couple of people waiting in line for the interview. On the phone, they claim they were only taking one new applicant as the others were going to be transfers from China.

 

Oh God...maybe I won’t get this job after all. My nerves start building up inside of me as I sit down next to this girl who just stared at me for about three seconds, gave me a look of disgust, and scoots away. I was shocked at her actions and scowl behind her back.

 

One by one, the girls would stand up, walk in, and walk out crying their eyes out. Wait?! Was this one of the stores that refuses to hire someone on the spot. My stress level skyrockets as more and more girls cry leaving the office.

 

“Next.” a tall man with dark circles under his eyes says. I snap out of my daze of anxiety and stress to see that I was the only one left. The man gets impatient and calls out, “NEXT!”

 

I quickly stand up to shuffle over the office, which turns out to be very nice and clean with a  handsome man behind the desk. His blonde hair is styled softly; his eyes pierce my soul, sending shivers down my spine.

 

“Have a seat...” He trails off, leaving me to answer my name.

 

“Oh, I’m Kwon Cha-Sook!” I quickly say, handing him my resume. Soon, the tall man with dark circles sat down next to the angry looking man. They examine my papers, speaking to each other in another language (I presume Chinese).

 

The awkwardness between us continues, before the angry one speaks to me again, “So Miss Kwon, you lived in the United States for a while.”

 

“Ah, yes. I attended high school there,” I explain, “So I’m fluent in Korean and English.”

 

I see. So you can sell merchandise in English as well as Korean,” the angry one says speaking English. I smirk at him; he was testing me, very clever.

 

Yes, I can. I took fashion classes in high school, so I’m more or less looking for a name brand store to work in. I understand a lot of English clients might come in and so a floor salesman must know both English and Korean.” I counter back. He and his coworker look at each other before giving a slight nod.

 

“Your credentials exceed you Miss Kwon. You were the only applicant who seems to be very fluent in English. I’m not sure when we’ll see another applicant like you,” he says, “Plus, your resume is interesting. I think you’ll be perfect on floor sales with your attitude. Welcome aboard, I’m Wu Yifan, the store manager. You can call me Kris though. We’ll be opening next week, so show up promptly for the store opening on Monday at noon.”

 

“R-really? I’m hired!” I say in shock, standing out of my seat. The other guy looks bewildered at Kris before talking to him in Chinese. To which, Kris quickly scolds him. I didn’t care though! I got the job!

The other guy stood up and bows towards me, “Hello I’m the Co-manager here at Gucci. I’m Huang Zitao, but call me Tao. There should be another male here named Kim Minseok. Introduce yourself to him and become acquainted because he’ll be your mentor in floor sales.”

 

“Ah okay,” I say bowing to Kris and Tao. Bursting out of the office in excitement, I did a little dance as soon as the office door closed. I wasn’t even aware of my surroundings as my arm flew into some boxes that someone was carrying, “Oh mi gosh, I am so sorry!”

 

I bent down to start picking up the items that flew out of the box. The person carrying the box starts to help me, “No, no. It was my fault. I should have been watching where I was going.” I look up at him to see one of the cutest guys I’ve ever seen. His eyes are sharper, and his face is a bit rounder than the other two men I saw. Don’t get me wrong, they are good looking, but there is something about this man that made him more attractive.

 

He notices me staring at him and begins to blush, “I-is there something on my face?”

“A-ah no. It’s nothing,” I say trying to recover myself, “I hope you don’t mind me asking, but are you Kim Minseok?”

 

“Yes, I’m Minseok, but it feels so weird hearing my Korean name after spending so much time in China,” he explains, “So, I guess you can call me Xiumin. I don’t mind.”

 

“Ah okay,” I say, picking up more items and placing them in the box, “So what is this?”

 

“Purses, handbags, and clutches. I was going to put them on the shelf. We might want to hurry before-”

 

“XIUMIN!” Tao screeches seeing the Gucci products scattered on the floor, “What. Happened. Here?” Xiumin quickly stands up and bows to Tao.

 

“I’m so sorry Tao! It was an accident. I didn’t see this girl come out of your office, and I guess we bump into each other,” Xiumin quickly explains, unable to look Tao in the eyes. Tao pinches the bridge of his nose and turns to glare at me.

 

“It’s not even your first day and you manage to screw something up,” Tao yells, “Our Gucci products are to be taken care of with the utmost care and here they are on the floor!”

 

I am taken aback by Tao’s unnecessary rudeness at the two of us. I mean it was just an accident, and I should have been looking where I was dancing...But an accident is an accident, and he shouldn’t get his in a twist because of it.

 

“Look Mr. Huang, it was entirely an accident and my fault,” I defend, “Don’t take this out on Xiumin. He seems like a really hard worker and wouldn’t let this happen.”

 

“Kris-gege, why did you hire her again?!” Tao yells in the office. That’s when Kris comes out and sees the mess in front of him. He looks at the pissed little panda and just rolls his eyes.

 

“She has the most interesting resume,” Kris explains, “it’s not everyday you see a girl describe herself as ‘awesome’ or ‘having swag.’”

 

Xiumin tries to hold his laughter in when he hears this. I see nothing wrong with my resume, and neither did Kris. Tao on the other hand...

 

“Doesn’t that seem unprofessional though? Are you sure you want to hire her? The other girls seem like the better choice don’t you think.”

 

“No, floor sales is all about personality. I don’t want boring, college students who don’t know what they are doing working here in the Gucci store. At least, Miss Kwon worked some in the U.S. Plus, she has the most interesting description and is the only one who is completely fluent in English. I think she’ll do fine.”

 

Tao scowls at me, “Just make sure you two pick all these products up. Make sure this doesn’t happen again.” With that, Tao walks off, and Kris left to go file my paperwork, leaving Xiumin and me alone again.

 

“Does he always have a stick up his ?” I whisper to Xiumin. He let out a soft chuckle as he picks up the rest of the items and places them in the box.

 

“Don’t let Tao intimidate you,” he says, “I guess I’ll show you out the door. I should give you my number since you're new here shouldn’t I?”

 

Did he say he was going to give me his number?! A guy never asks to give me his number...half the time guys are never willing to give me their numbers, but I guess it is just for work related purposes.

 

“It was nice to meet you...” he trails off as we walk towards the door. Crap, I never introduce myself to him. Smooth Cha-Sook, very smooth.

 

“Oh, I’m Kwon Cha-Sook. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I’ll be working here next week,” I explain. When we finally reached the door, we exchanged phone numbers, and he gives me a shy smile.

 

“I’ll see you next week.” With that, Xiumin leaves me smiling like an idiot. Today has been a good day so far. I got myself a job and now the number of a cutie. Oh yes, today is such a good-

 

“Cha-Sook!”

 

Was that Eun Mi? I look across the street to see Eun Mi run up to me; I guess she got off work, “Did you get the job?”

 

I give her a nod and show her Xiumin’s number in my phone. Eun Mi stares at my phone for a while, before questioning what I was showing her.

 

“It’s Xiumin’s number,” I say showing her the cutie in the shop, “He’s going to be my mentor.”

 

“Ahhh,” Eun Mi says in a derpy voice. She pokes my side with her elbow and laughs, “Well, that’s good when do you start working here?”

 

“Oh, I start the Monday of next week,” I say. She nods, understanding until we are both startled by the screaming of a man.

 

“EUN MI! GET AWAY FROM THAT STORE!!” a girly man yells across the street and drags Eun Mi away from me. I just stand there in shock as Eun Mi was being kidnapped by a girly man in a Louis Vuitton uniform.


What the hell just happened here?!