GUCCI 5

Designer Wars

I just got off the phone with Eun-Mi, finally calming her down. She seems really heart broken and it makes me kinda sad.

 

“You okay Cha-Sook?” Xiumin asks, looking away from the road briefly to glance at me.

 

“Huh, oh yeah. I’m fine,” I say, “just my friend is a little heart broken is all. She’s crying cause she admits she finally likes this guy she works with.”

 

“Oh. Well, I’m sure it’ll work out in the end. This is your apartment right?”

 

“Yeah, it is and I hope she’ll be fine. I should bake her something to cheer her up!” I say getting out of his car. He follows me as I walk up to my apartment.

 

“You bake?” he asks in shock.

 

“Why does that seem like a surprise?” I pout, “Of course I can bake and cook. I can bring you some food if you want.”

“A-ah, no that’s fine! You don’t have to do that.” Xiumin says quickly, getting really on edge. It puzzles me why he would react this way.

 

“Uhh okay. That’s cool.” I say sadly.

 

“I-I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I-I’m just not that into food.” How can he not be into food? It bewilders me that someone can say that. Before I could say anything, we ended up at my door to the apartment, “This is your apartment right?”

 

“Yeah, this is it.” I say, “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow right? Thanks for taking care of me tonight. I really appreciate it.”

 

“O-oh, you’re welcome.” Xiumin shyly says. I expect something else to happen, but nothing did. He just left. I roll my eyes and open the door to the apartment to see Eun-Mi on the couch, wrapped in blankets and watching Titanic.

 

“I will never let go, Jack” the tv says and Eun-Mi starts crying.

 

“Girl, this is a three hour long movie how did you get to this part so- GIRL! did you fast forward to this part?!” I ask.

 

“IT’S SO SAD! ROSE AND JACK ARE NEVER GOING TO BE TOGETHER!!” Eun-Mi cries. I sigh. I better get started on making her something to eat.

 

~oO:Oo~

 

“Eun-Mi, I made congee! It’s chocolate flavor to!” I say. She gives me this weird look as I hold this bowl that looks like brown mush. It took forever to make it, but it’s done.

 

“I’m not eating that Cha-Sook. It looks gross.” she mumbles.

 

“Come on just try it! It’s pretty good!” I say trying to hand her the bowl, but she just refused, “It’s CHOCOLATE!”

 

“I’m not in the mood for your experimental cooking.” she grumbles.

 

“Unnie! Pwetty pwease with a cherry on top!” I knew she never liked my aegyo. She says it gives her chills and nightmares. I thought I was cute, dammit. She looks at me with her red, swollen eyes, “Girl, I know you’re hurting. Why don’t you tell him how you feel?”

 

“What if he doesn’t like me back?”

 

“You’ll never know that until you tell him. You know you have to just bust into the Louis Vuitton store and say ‘Chanyeol, I love you!’ Otherwise, you’ll turn into Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball and that’s not a good thing. You’ll be making out with hammers and stuff.”

 

Eun-Mi remained silent for a while but then nodded in agreement with me.

 

“Now will you eat the congee?”

 

“no.”

 

“Just try some!” I tried to shove a spoonful into .

 

“NO! I DON’T WANT IT-” she ended up getting a spoonful anyway, shutting her up.

 

“See it’s not that bad,” I say, her hair, “it’s all better now isn’t it? You don’t need Titanic to try to cheer you up. Only my congee.”

 

“It tastes kinda weird,” she mumbled with a mouthful of congee. Eun-Mi quickly swallowed before she could talk, “I mean it’s not bad, just weird.”

 

“Well at least it’s not bad,” I say, “I’m just glad you didn’t throw up. I didn’t how well this tasted.”

 

“You didn’t taste it?” I shook my head in response to her question, “Well gee, thanks Cha-Sook.” I just looked at the congee, kinda stirring it in the bowl.

 

“Okay, I know that face. Something’s bugging you. What is it?” She could read my face as well as I could read hers.

 

“It’s Xiumin...or I should say Minseok. You see when he was walking me up here. I said I would cook you something. I knew he was just surprised when I told him I could bake and cook. I offered to bring him some food, but he just said no and that he didn’t like food.”

 

“How can he not like food?” Eun-Mi says surprised.

 

“I know! That’s what I thought. It just seems weird. Ever since I met him, he seems really nervous around other people, but certain events happens, he matures. I can’t tell sometimes if he’s charismatic or shy. I do know he is a little bit insecured.”

 

“Well, could it be that he’s insecured of his body? He just might be a very shy person in general, but I’m sure he’ll warm up to you as you guys get closer.”

 

“Insecure of his body? Isn’t that something that girls worry about.”

 

“Guys do too, don’t be fooled. I mean guys are really insecure about themselves if they can’t eat yogurt unless it’s designed for them.”

 

“Man yogurt was a stupid idea.” I mumble, “I think I’ll still make him something to eat though. I’ll try to make sure it’s something light instead of sweets.”

 

“That’s the spirit!” Eun-Mi says. She turns the movie back on. Rolling my eyes, I just head to the kitchen to start making the food. Hopefully, Xiumin would like it.

~oO:Oo~

 

In the morning, I was making sure the container for Xiumin’s food was sealed shut. I placed it in a lunch box, maybe we can eat lunch together or something. Eun-Mi woke up to see breakfast already made.

 

“How late did you stay up last night making this?” she asked.

 

“Till like midnight. My nose feels a lot better, but it was still a little hard to sleep with it.” She nods in understanding, “I just hope the customers don’t freak out over the bruising on my face.”

 

“I hope not either. Cinnamon sticks for breakfast though?”

 

“With vanilla icing, so enjoy! I already had some. Take some to Chanyeol if you like. The best way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach.” I say.

 

“But I was thinking on baking cookies.” She whined.

 

“You always bake cookies, but I understand that you do. Just don’t go baking three dozen. Just take some for the rest of the staff though. They might hate me, but hey. Whatever. They can enjoy my baking!”


Eun-Mi just laughed. Heaven forbid the girly man to like my cinnamon sticks.


A/N: blegh, haven't updated this in forever, but whateves. I give the same bull excuse to never upload which is homework and school and life dgasoidgha. Anyway, thanks Emily for the lovely letter/note she left me in the last chapter. My birthday past recently and gaisdhgpaos

just getting old I guess