(HANCHUL) Like We Used To Chapter Five

Our Every Fantasy: Sapphire Blue Love (Short Fictions Compilation)

I'll already write if it's going to be whoever's POV, okay? So that it'll be easy to understand and to not confuse you, . So..if you see this '~' it means that it's a change of setting or whatever.

Sorry for the bother and thanks for understanding.


HEECHUL'S POV

I was taking a stroll at the park, reflecting on the things that have happened yesterday. The pain, loss, and anger that has built up inside me, I tried to control. I'm not that kind of a person, though. If you take a look at my room, you'll definitely know why—it looks like a dumpsite or a place visited by a storm. Having control is definitely not me. And I don't know why I'm doing these.

I sighed exasperatedly as I walked step-by-step around the place. After awhile, I stopped at the very center of the park and closed my eyes wishing that I couldn't hear a single sound and murmur nor see even a single thing; feel someone's touch or smell any scent. That my senses would go dull. I don't want to feel anything anymore. Does fate really curse me?

I sat at the middle and started to bite my tongue harshly. Very harsh that blood started to ooze out of it. And even though its metallic taste makes me want to cry and puke, I still continued doing it. Being injured is just a negligible thing compared to the pain life has given me these past few days.

A few minutes after, which felt like forever to me, I opened my eyes and saw nothing but a blurry sight. I slowly and unwillingly touched my right arm with my left but felt nothing as if I was touching a ghost or something. Nothing. My chest weighed heavier, resulting to my lack of breath and unstable breathing rhythm. I couldn't quite hear a single word from the citizens roaming around like myself in this park. Nor murmurs or such. Only a little bit, but you would need to listen carefully as to hear those sounds. This is what I wanted, right?

I want to faint already. No. I want to die. No one will even care...right? I'm all alone in this world.

Siwon and Aria, my siblings, forgive me for doing this but I couldn't take living anymore. I love you guys. And Hankyung, you are my only treasure and forever will be. This damage that you'e done to me, is forgiven. You've done nothing wrong. But if fate goes the other way, I wish that you were here to stop me. I only hope. Please make me believe in that hope. Please tell me that you'll save me from this despair. I don't want to leave you. But, if you don't come, I might as well die.

I closed my eyes again, a lot more slow this time. I consciously stopped breathing as if I'm underwater and continued biting my tongue.

Please come and save me from despair.

Then, everything went black. Very very very black. Like a black hole or, much better, an abyss. Did God fulfill my wish to die?



HANGENG'S POV

I walked to the park near Heechul's house to clear my mind. I'm not even sure why this park is the first one I thought of going at but, it's inevitable for I've been here a lot of times and this is the very place where I usually hang out with Chul; this is where I spent most of my wonderful memories with Heechul.

Why did I leave him anyways? Why didn't I tell him that I remembered everything now and that I had amnesia due to a terrible accident?

I walked to one of the place's benches and stopped my tracks when I almost reached one. I remembered, "Oh right. I'm a coward," I murmured to myself in a whisper recognizing my idiocy with what I've done yesterday.

Heaving a deep sigh, I sat on the bench I said earlier and slouched my back on its back rest. I wanted the surroundings to swallow me. Let the air take me with it and roam around the world freely. The trees to just eat me. And the birds. But, the hateful thing is, of course, they couldn't do that. This is the real world not a fantasy, for God's sake.

I despise this. The hateful bright and clear sky keeps on taunting my idiocy. The chattering noise of the people around hurts my ears. The smell of street food everywhere, initiating my temptation. And this tight feeling in my chest which, I think, limits my breathing are things that causes my trouble. I slowly closed my eyes and continued to reflect.

I'm such a retard.

After a few seconds, I heard some people scream. They were all panicking. There was chaos. I contemplated first whether I'll run there to aid them but didn't in then end, unlike what I do everyday—meddle in other people's businesses. The battle between my heart and mind is already enough. Why bother to think about other things? But one sentence from a mere passer-by struck me hard. I was shocked and utterly astonished.

"OH MY GOSH! Isn't that Kim Heechul from apartment A?! Why'd he faint?!!"

The murmurs went louder as my eyes immediately widened. Without any second thoughts, or rather, without thinking at all, I quickly went to the commotion to find out if my instincts were telling me the right thing.

Is that really Kim Heechul? My Kim Heechul?



HEECHUL'S POV

I opened my eyes slowly.

Everything was pitch black. My surroundings were very dark as if nothing ever existed. I'm alone at this place. Where am I? I'm standing, right? Yes, I could feel that I am. But why couldn't I see anything? Have I gone blind? Is this hell? Or heaven?

I walked forward not knowing the direction I'm headed to. I walked further and further until I saw a blinding light. A very bright and warm light. Like it's going to swallow me any second, it went nearer to me. I flinched and blocked my eyes because of the glaring twinkle but the feeling that it gives me seems so nostalgic and fuzzy. Like it's been inside me all the years of my life.

"H-Heechul! Wake up! Please..." a familiar voice suddenly said in a voice filled with worry and regret through the light. I placed back my arm that is covering my sight back at my side as I listened to the voice carefully. "I'm sorry just.." the voice trailed off. I heared a sigh then it continued, "Just please wake up." I smiled. He did come.
 

~

I woke up lying on a hospital bed. Wires entangled around my body. Heart monitor beeping normally. And of course, white "everything" around me. I rolled my eyes. Why am I here? Aren't I supposed to be at my burial?

"Ch-chul, you're awake," I heard someone stammer in a whisper. I looked at the direction where the voice came from and frowned. What's he doing here?

"Hankyung..." I murmured. My anger overshadowed my pure and clear vision. He became a monster in-front of me; a person to be despised. And all I knew, hatred overcame my feelings.

Life could be very unexpecting.  That's why they say to expect the unexpected, right? I didn't follow nor believe in that saying through this painful times, though. Instead, I believed that I would die; Hankyung would leave me; I would grow up all empty and alone. But look, here he is in-front of me, stupidly stammering and fidgeting like a child.

"What are you doing here?" I  snapped as I glared at him. I gulped as my heart started to pound loudly due to an unknown reason. Is it my anger? Hatred? Regret? ...Happiness?

I couldn't remember anything about what happened after I fainted. Well, duh. I fainted. Would there be a person, in his right mind, do something when he freaking faints?!

"Chul...I.." Hankyung continued to stutter while facing the floor. If he couldn't answer me properly, shouldn't he just leave? This conversation is making me nuts. And mind you, I'm an impatient guy.

"Leave," I bluntly said without even arranging my thoughts. I looked at my right side to not look affectionately at his face. "Leave," I said once more, now in a slight whisper. My heart couldn't take what I'm saying; I still love him. I do like hell. But I couldn't take to be hurt again. I don't want the hope that we would be together like a fixed jigsaw puzzle again build up in my heart. I don't want to believe in false hope anymore.

"LEAVE!" I shouted, still feeling his presence around the room. My eyes were already b with tears and my heart was aching uncontrollably. I held my right hand—that is not dextrosed—in a tight grip to prevent my tears from streaming down my cheeks.

I heard a sigh and faint footsteps. The click of the closed door confirmed my thoughts. He didn't fight for his love for me.