(HANCHUL) Like We Used To Chapter Two

Our Every Fantasy: Sapphire Blue Love (Short Fictions Compilation)

I cried in my room the whole day after I went back home. It hurt me so much, it did. Spending my time caressing my cat's slender body, hugging him and sometimes playing with him, made me realize how weak I am. Why haven't I talked with Hankyung at that time? Why haven't I asked the questions I wanted to ask so eagerly? Why did I not hug him tight that time so he wouldn't leave? Why was I a coward?

I sighed of disappointment and decided to go out of my room which is the place where I take out my anger and all of my feelings. I need to face the world again. It may only be a day of crying, yes, but it felt like a decade for me. Don't think of it as an exaggeration.

"Hyung..." my brother, Siwon, who seems to be waiting for me to come out all this time, said. He was playing with our little sister, Aria. "Is brother Hee sad?" she looked at our brother with those pure and innocent eyes of hers. I walked to her and patted her head. "No need to worry, aegi," I replied and gave a so-so smile. "No! Brother Hee's smile and eyes are sad so he isn't okay," she hugged my leg. A child could see everything, don't they? I looked at Siwon and asked him to take Aria to sleep. He did. "I want to go with brother Hee, Wonnie! Please!! I wanna!" she pouted as she was carried to her room by Siwon. He just smiled at her and said that I'll be going to work. "Okay," she smiled. Such an innocent child. Those two siblings of mine shouldn't be involved in any of these matters. It's MY problem so I should handle it MYSELF.

I took my keys and left our house; it's time for me to confront Kyung.

I puffed my cheeks as I walked, feeling nervous. And kept doing so until I reached a certain place where I saw the man I was looking for walking hand-in-hand with a girl, the girl who I saw with him yesterday at the airport.

I gulped and continued to put a cold front. I walked to them as I would usually do with others, walk normally, smile, then greet. "Hey," I said with a smile. Even though it hurts for me to make my lips curl at present, I must do or nothing would happen. No cowardice must show from me. I am a strong person, I am.

"Oh. Hi," the both of them bowed 90 degrees. Why the formality? "Why are you bowing?" I asked then looked at Kyung, "Aren't we friends for so many years already? Close friends, indeed." Kyung backs off. "Huh..?" He smiled innocently. The girl beside him covered her own mouth with her hands, showing shock. I was confused.. What's happening? I held Kyung's left shoulder with my right hand. "Aren't we?" I sheepishly said. "Sorry but, I don't know you," he replied. My eyes widened and I remembered the same sentence that he said yesterday.

I wanted to control the emotions wanting to go out of my heart but I just can't. I quickly hugged him, "Are you saying those words because you... you hate me now?" I tightened my embrace. "Why won't you just tell me that you already love another person?! Why didn't you?!? You just hurt me with what you said. You don't remember me, you say?" I scoffed. "I've been with you for a long time, Kyung!" I took out all of my anger and sadness. "I still love you! Why do you have to leave me like this? And why do you have to come back with another girl and say that you don't remember me? Why, Kyung? Why...?" I rested my chin on his shoulder and started to cry. I don't want him to see this weak face of mine, I know that he'll worry.

He slowly held his head, making him cover his ears. His eyes became misty. He pushed me and walked backwards step-by-step. He tripped on his foot making him sit on the ground. He just sat there and started to become hysterical.

"Why don't I remember anything?"

"Gege.." the girl said then paused, leaving a blank on what she was saying. She hugged Kyung then started to cry. "Don't try to remember anything anymore. I don't want you to be hurt again. Please.." she sobbed. She looked at me with her red and scared eyes. "Please, Heechul oppa, please don't," she begged. I took one step backwards. "I don't.." I paused and took a gulp. "...understand."

What is happening? Does this girl know me? A lot of questions circle again in my head.

"Oppa.. I'll tell you later. Please, just let me calm down Gege first," she pleaded. "Please go back to your place. I'm begging you." Not sure of what to do, I ran to our house and started to think. What really happened?

~

The girl with Kyung called me and ask me to go to the restaurant where Kyung and I usually eat.

At the restaurant;

I sat and immediately asked her, "What really happened?" with a straight face. She took a deep breath and said everything. "Please don't get surprised in what you're going to hear."

"Two years ago, Han Geng gege and I were in China having our family reunion. I was a cousin of his enjoying his family's company and hospitality.
We held these celebrations in our family's restaurant, which was two hours away from their home. On our way back to their house, an unfortunate event happened. We were ambushed by rebels. Our families were held captive in an abandoned factory for a week. We tried to escape but couldn't--there were a lot of guards.
One afternoon, gege's father was impatient that he tried to escape. He fought with the guards and gained callouses, bruises, sprains. He was already like a dead person! Out of anger, all of our parents fought with those rebels; even my beloved brother, leaving me and Han geng gege behind. The two of us saw everything that happened. How they were punished, kicked, punched by those rebels. We wanted to help them but we couldn't. I know gege could fight but he had an accident before that incident happened. So fighting, for him was useless.
That day was a very sad and miserable one. Our parents died. Leaving me, my brother and gege alone. Brother has only a day left, I predicted at that time. So he ordered us to escape. Gladly, we were able to; but only the TWO of us, gege and I. Brother was the bait and I saw him getting killed by those people. It hurt me of course, I'm already alone in this world with gege who just encountered an accident. What was I supposed to do? The two of us ran and ran and ran until we met an accident, a miserable car accident.
Gege's head was hit by the bumper of the car causing his brain cells to die. He forgot everything; he had amnesia."

I was surprised. "I-i'm sorry..." I said. "No, oppa. It's okay," she smiled at me. "Tell me, how did you know me?"

"Ah, that? I always visited gege in their home with my brother. He always talked about you and showed me pictures of you. He loves you very much, I could feel that when he's telling me everything about you." she smiled then her eyes seemed to remember something. "You know what? I'm jealous of the both of you. I was like that with my brother too," she chuckled. "We had this thing called brother-sister complex." She sighed sadly, "At least gege is still alive even though he has amnesia. But my brother, he died already and has left me. Even my parents too.." I saw a tear fall from her eye.

I smiled at her and held her hand. I'm not good at comforting people but I need to do something. "It's gonna be okay. I promise you that. Kyung makes you smile, doesn't he? It's in his nature. I'll be here for you too."

"Thank you oppa," she wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "May I know your name?" I asked. "So I know what to call you."

"It's Meg Fai, oppa. You could call me Meg for short." she chuckled. "Ah right! Oppa, please don't be impatient about gege regaining his memories. I don't want him to remember such sad and dark memories. Just be by his side. I know he'll remember how he loves you. Be with him always."

"Of course, I would. Thank you, Meg."

"You're welcome, oppa."

 


 

Don't hate the girl! She has nothing to do~ :D PLEASE COMMENT! NO SILENT READERS PLEASE~ Thanks so much. xD