Confession

No way! I am straight...right?

 

It has been a few days since the incident with Yoseob, and Doojoon was working in his office, obviously distressed over what had happened over the past few days. He hasn't met Yoseob or even passed him in the corridors of the company. He had been too scared to go down to the training studios, for he was unsure of how he should react with Yoseob.

 

Doojoon sighed in frustration and looked at the blue clipboard that had been passed to him by Junhyung. The trainee had passed him the forms the day after the incident, and apparently when Doojoon asked why he had passed the forms instead of Yoseob, he said that the latter was feeling particularly distressed, but he didn't give a reason why.

 

What bugged him most was the conversation he had with Jiyong the evening after Junhyung had passed him the forms, after what had happened.

 

He needed to tell someone about it, and the only person he felt that he could confide in was Jiyong.

 

-In a private room in a club (the evening after Doojoon received the forms from Junhyung)-

 

"So, what did you call me out for?" Jiyong asked. His director had called him out the moment he was released from work, asking him to meet up at a nearby club.

 

Doojoon poured himself a drink before he spoke, squeezing his eyes shut. "I don't know Jiyong, I really don't,"

 

Jiyong sat there patiently as he waited for the director to speak, knowing Doojoon well enough to know that Doojoon wasn't someone who stressed out easily.

 

Doojoon breathed and then recounted to Jiyong the things that happened that afternoon. Jiyong sat, taking in everything slowly, and nodding.

 

"So?" Jiyong said when he ended.

 

Doojoon looked at Jiyong, who has repeated what he was thinking the whole afternoon. So what if Yoseob saw them kiss? So what?

 

"I feel as if I should apologise to him, or something, I-I don't know if he is even affected by this." The moment Doojoon said that, he almost smacked himself in the head for not thinking of that before. Yoseob wouldn't even care right? He was just someone who accidentally walked into his boss making out with his girlfriend, it was probably not a problem to him anyway.

 

"Oh, he's affected alright," Jiyong said, reading Doojoon's expression. Doojoon looked at Jiyong, surprised.

 

"How would you know?" he asked.

 

"He is, and you have to do something about it, Doojoon,"

 

"But if he isn't?"

 

"Then what have you got to lose?" Jiyong challenged.

 

"If he wasn't affected, wouldn't he have been the one to pass you the forms the day after the incident happened? And even if he wasn't, the most he would do when you apologise is say, 'hey, don't worry about it,' and things would go back to being normal. And if he was? What do you plan to do Doojoon?"

 

Doojoon looked at Jiyong, who seemed actually angry for the first time he had brought this up.

 

"What would you do if Yoseob was gay, and that he was somehow affected by this?"

 

Doojoon gaped at Jiyong, speechless, not knowing what to say.

 

"I-Is he?" Doojoon sputtered.

 

Jiyong sighed in frustration and stood up, not wanting to reveal Yoseob's uality, but feeling as if there wasn't a choice. Even though he knew Doojoon wasn't at fault, he couldn't help but feel angry with him for hurting his dongsaeng. He smiled bitterly when he realized how terrible Yoseob must have felt.

 

It was like how he felt back he witnessed Hyunseung kissing Junhyung.

 

"I am not going to say anything more, Doojoon," Jiyong said, grabbing his jacket. He said to Doojoon,

 

"But if I were you, first I would think long and hard of all the possibilities of why Yoseob didn't pass you the forms. And after I think of that, I would apologize." and he turned and left the room.

 

-end of flashback-

 

Doojoon had stopped work completely to think of the possible reasons.

 

(a)  He was bothered by his boss and his ex-gf making out.

(b)  He was ga-not straight.

(c)  And he liked Doojoon.

Doojoon flipped through the forms in the clipboard, wondering for the thousandth time why he felt so bothered by it. He thought about the way Yoseob had reacted, how he had stiffened when he saw Gayoon kiss him.

 

And was that tears in his eyes?

 

Doojoon felt so confused and sorry for when Lee Joon covered Yoseob's eyes and led him out of the office. What was that for anyway?

 

As Doojoon started to think about it, his thoughts started to wander to memories with Yoseob, the day he first saw him at the audition, how he had felt finally relieved at finding some talent to join their company.

 

At the club, the way Yoseob had blushed when he helped bandage his finger.

 

At the camp, when he helped Yoseob with the composing of his mini-song and their coincidental meeting at the music studio. Before Doojoon knew it, he was smiling like an idiot to himself.

 

"Erm, Director?" Doojoon's head snapped up and he saw his secretary staring at him.

 

"Are you okay? You were in a daze and I thought..."

 

Doojoon coughed, his face flushed.

 

"What is it? I am very busy, this better be good," Doojoon snapped, and pretended to be reading the documents in front of him. Mr Park hurriedly nodded and gave him some files to proof read before signing, and Doojoon hastily did so.

 

When Mr Park left the office, Doojoon gave a sigh of relief and laid his head on top of the cool glass table.

 

"Oh ,"   

 

-At the training studio-

 

Yoseob waved goodbye to his friends, smiling and telling them to  hurry back to the dorm first, saying that he needed to brush up on some dance moves they were practicing for the past few days first.

 

Hyunseung was the last to leave however, he noticed something odd about Yoseob and asked he whether he needed some company.

 

"Nah, it's ok," Yoseob said, quickly shooing Hyunseung out of the studio. Hyunseung glanced at him worriedly.

 

"Okay, but if you aren't back by 11 I am coming back to look for you," He said worriedly. Yoseob gave the 'ok' sign and after assuring Hyunseung that he would be back well before that given time, he finally left.

 

Yoseob breathed at last and took out his phone, punching in a number he has not used in a long, long time. He smiled as the call went through, and the familiar voice filled his ears.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Umma, it's me, Yoseobbie," Yoseob whispered.

 

"Oh! Aigoo, umma missed you so much, how are you doing? Has the company been treating you well? Did they force you to go on a diet or take slimming pills?"

 

His mother went on and on, asking him all sorts of questions. Yoseob just listened. He hadn't been calling home much, ever since the training camp. He didn't know what made him suddenly miss home so much, but he was aching to hear his parents, or rather his mother's voice. Hearing all his mother's worries made it impossible for him to cut in anytime soon. He felt so happy knowing that someone he loved cared so much.

 

As he sat there, listening, his bottom lip began to tremble and before he knew it, his tears began to fall. He choked back a few sobs and covered his mouth, his shoulders shaking slightly.

 

"Seobbie? Are you okay?" his mother asked worriedly, when she noticed he wasn't talking.

 

Yoseob sniffed hurriedly and wiped away his tears.

 

"Yes, umma, I-I am fine,"

 

"Are you crying?! What happened?! Tell umma!"

 

"No! No no I am not, I-I am happy," Yoseob assured his mother hurriedly.

 

"Happy about what?"

 

"Umma, I have been placed in a project group," Yoseob said, smiling through his tears.

 

"OMO! Really? Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

 

Yoseob laughed at his mother's joyful squeals and smiled when he realized how happy and excited his mother was for him. She used to reject the idea of him becoming a singer, but to have so much support from her now, he was really, really happy.

 

He checked his watch and realised it was already 10:43, he had to get back to the dorm or Hyunseung would go berserk and call the police and set out on a search party for Yoseob.

 

"Yes, umma, I need to leave now, tell appa about the news, and I will come back and visit both of you soon, I promise," Yoseob said, feeling a bit sad at having to go. His umma assured him that she would pass on the news.

 

"Of course I will, hwaiting Yoseobbie! Umma will cook many things for you when you come back," his umma said.

 

Yoseob smiled and hung up, and started to pack his bag to leave.

 

--------

 

When Doojoon walked out of the company, he turned left, wanting to go spend some time in a pub, when he saw Yoseob walking back in the direction of the dorm. He hesitated, unsure of what to do, but then he furrowed his eyebrows.

 

He already made up his mind of what he should do, and should have done a few days ago.

 

He ran towards Yoseob, calling out his name as he did so. "Wait! Yoseob, I need to speak to you!"

 

Yoseob turned his head in surprised at Doojoon's voice, his eyes widening. He turned around and began to walk towards the dorm at a faster pace, seemingly trying to ignore Doojoon.

 

"Wait!" Doojoon called, and sprinted to catch up with Yoseob. He grabbed Yoseob's jacket sleeve, but Yoseob shook it off in alarm.

 

"Wha-wait, I need to speak to you," Doojoon said, a tad bit hurt at Yoseob's actions. Yoseob finally turned around, but he stared at the floor, refusing to look up.

 

"I-I am sorry," Doojoon panted, stopping for a while to catch his breath.

 

"For what?" Yoseob asked, surprised. He lifted his face to look at Doojoon for a while, before blushing and looking back down again. Doojoon bit his lip, unsure of how to say this.

 

"You walked in to me and Gayoon kissing, but I just wanted to clarify that everything was an accident, and we are no longer together,"

 

"Oh?" Yoseob whispered, sounding somehow unconvinced.

 

"Really! There is absolutely NOTHING between us, NOTHING," Doojoon said, worried that Yoseob might not believe him.

 

 

"Okay, if you say so..." Yoseob shrugged. Doojoon was panicking, he really wanted to clear up the misunderstanding.

 

"Why are you telling me this? I am not misunderstanding anything..." Yoseob said.

 

"I know you are! What do you want me to do to make you believe me? Should I start doing push-ups here?" and before Yoseob could even say anything, Doojoon got down on the darkened lit pavement and started to do and count push-ups.

 

Yoseob's eyes nearly shot out of their sockets and he hastily glanced around to see if anyone was out, thankfully though, there was no one.

 

"What are you doing?! Get up!" Yoseob said hurriedly, his face flushing as he squatted down to pull Doojoon up.

 

"Not until you believe me," Doojoon panted, not getting up like a stubborn child not wanting to give up his candy.

 

"Okay! Okay, I believe you," Yoseob whispered the last part, still blushing, and Doojoon stood up, triumphant, but panting.

 

"Good!" Doojoon said, giving Yoseob his trademark boyish smile. Yoseob laughed, but stopped himself and shook his head, and Doojoon furrowed his eyebrows, puzzled.

 

"Why are you trying so hard?" Yoseob whispered. He could feel tears gathering in his eyes, and he bit his lip. Doojoon was speechless, he didn't know why, either. Yoseob waited for a reply, and when he got none, he turned and started to walk away.

 

It took Doojoon one last nanosecond for his brain cells to finally register why he was acting like that the whole time.

 

Well took you long enough, Doojoon.

 

He didn't hesitate for a moment before grabbing Yoseob's sleeve and turning him around, and finally hugging him tightly, not wanting to let go.

.

"I think I'm gay for you, Yoseob,"

 

 

A few ten metres away, in the shadows, a soft gasp was heard.