Day 3

No way! I am straight...right?

Yoseob woke up early in the morning, so early it was still dark out. He yawned, and checked his watch. 5:03 a.m. Groaning, he fell back into his pillow, begging for it to take him back. He tossed and turned, his bunk bed creaking under him. Hyunseung shifted above him, and Yoseob stiffened. He didn't want to wake his friend, or anyone else for that matter.

 Suddenly, he felt some movement in the other end of the room. He cracked an eye open, and saw Lee Joon walking towards the dorm door and walking out. 

Seems like he came back to sleep...but where in the world could he be going now? Yoseob thought. Hmm, not that I should bother anyway.

 He breathed slowly into his pillow, still unable to fall back asleep. Feeling an uncomfortable movement in his bowels, he sat back up, frustrated at himself. Must have been the chicken soup the day before...

 Groaning, he stood up and put on a thick jacket, and dragged himself out the dorm and to the toilets. The moment he stepped out, he regretted it. It seemed like it was -50 degrees Celsius outside.

 Having finished his business, he whistled while walking back to the dorms, but stopped in his tracks when he heard someone singing.

 "You don't know me, who are you to judge?"

 Curious, he walked towards the source of the voice. It seemed to have come from the forest, up the trail where they had jogged the day before. The voice

sounded so sad, so mournful, he wondered whether it had been one of his sunbaes.

 "Every single day, I hide behind this thick skin, hoping no one would realise,"

 Yoseob came to a clearing, a bare spot in the trees where the moonlight seemed to shine on the rocks there. He gasped softly as he realised who it was:

 Lee Joon

 He was sitting on a rock, his back facing him, singing softly to himself.Yoseob stood behind a tree, listening to him sing. He thought at first that Lee Joon had not realised his presence until he spoke. 

"How long are you going to stand there?"

 Yoseob gasped, feeling a little guilty. He walked slowly towards Lee Joon. 

"Can I sit?" he asked. A hundred thoughts were rushing through his head.

 Yoseob, what in the world are you trying to do?! This is the guy who harassed you in the bathroom in case you nearly forgot! And what are you doing now? An invitation to ?

 Lee Joon, however, shrugged. He didn't seem to care whether Yoseob sat or went away. Yoseob sat on the moss and snowed covered rock, next to Lee Joon. He crouched with his  hands hugging his knees. Lee Joon broke into another song.

 "Sometimes I wonder,

whether it is alright for me to stay.

Sometimes I wonder,

whether anyone would care if I went away.

The earth would still move,

nothing would change,

It seems like a good idea,

for me not to stay..." 

 Yoseob listened throughout, wondering whether Lee Joon had written that song. Could he really have that much heartbreak in himself?

 Lee Joon finished, and Yoseob silently applauded in his heart.

 "It was a really sad song...very soulful," Yoseob commented thoughtfully.

 "Nobody asked for your opinion," Lee Joon said, yawning.

 Way to be a nice guy, Yoseob.

 "Jerk," Yoseob muttered, huffing out a puff of cold air. Although it was dark, he could have sworn Lee Joon had smirked. Lee Joon broke into another song, and finished, and another, and then another.

 They lost track of time, and it wasn't until the break of dawn did Yoseob think of going back.

 "I am going to go back," Yoseob announced, standing up.

 "Hmph, whatever," Lee Joon said, turning away. Yoseob couldn't help but feel surprised. Was it him or did Lee Joon sound...upset?

 "No one's going to miss you," Lee Joon continued, turning back to face Yoseob. Now that it was light, Yoseob could see very clearly, a smirk on Lee Joon's face. Yoseob felt his cheeks redden. He huffed and turned, walking away.

 "Bye," he said.At least I am being courteous.

 "Bye, seobbie,"

 Yoseob broke into a run, not knowing why, but not letting up until he bursted back into the dorm, and just as the morning music began to blare through the windows. Hyunseung was just getting up, looking drowsy.

 "Hmm? Yoseob, did you go somewhere?"

 "Yeah...toilets," Yoseob breathed. He panted, holding his hand over his chest, wondering why his heart was beating so fast. Must have been the run, definitely.

 

-Lyric Workshop 12:05p.m.-

 Jiyong led the trainees to a large and spacious music studio. It was after the run when everyone had washed up already.

 During the run, Yoseob had looked to see if Lee Joon was still in the clearing, but he seemed to have gone elsewhere. He didn't join them that morning, either.

 It was time for the lyric writing workshop, led by Jiyong and Teddy.

 The trainees took their seats in small desks set in the room. Yoseob noticed that there were not only trainees there, but the sunbaenims were in the same workshop as well. 

"Alright, everyone, settle down," Teddy said in a bored tone. Jiyong was passing around music scores, and Yoseob leaned over his small desk, eager to learn.

 "Writing a song...is something not alot of idols do," Teddy said.

 "Usually, idols are given chances to work with producers, like me, and basically what producers do is they help write a song, and you people sing it.

 But that isn't what we want here in Cube. Sure, we are still going to produce songs for you guys, but what our Director wants is for you guys to be able to stand on your own, and write songs that you like. We want you to be what you are supposed to be in the first place: singers. Only songs written by the artists can be truly felt by the fans and audience, because you are honest in what you write."

 Teddy nodded at Jiyong, who continued.

 "Now for the technical stuff. Every song has a few verses that carry the same melody, a chorus..."

 He went on to brief them about important things to take note of. Then he told them, 

"Today we would like you to try writing a song of your own. Not a full song, obviously, just the first verse and the chorus. We would like all of you to separate, and go out of this room and find a private for yourself. You can go anywhere in this camp...except for the second floor of this pension, yup, unless you want to accidentally walk into the Director doing something private." he winked at Yoseob, which caused him to bury his head in his hands.

 Yoseob walked out of the pension, a private spot in mind. He excused himself from his friends and walked briskly into the forest, and came upon the clearing he found Lee Joon at.

 Unfortunately, he wasn't there. Yoseob pouted, but set himself on the snow and moss covered rock again. He began to think of his song.

 What should I write...

 As he thought, he began to look at his surroundings more clearly. He thought it had been weird that there would suddenly be a clearing in this dense forest. There trees there were lean, and small patches of flowers were growing underneath the rock too. Even the rocks were positioned weirdly, as if someone had set them to look like that. His eyes fell on the trees, and he noticed a weird marking on them.

 He inched closer, and saw that they were carvings, most likely made from sharp stones. He read the carvings out loud,

 "Du-Dun-joon?" Dunjoon...weird name.

 "Hi, Yoseob, right?" Yoseob turned so fast he felt a crack in his neck. He felt his eyes widen as he saw who was talking to him. The Director.

 "Looks like you found my secret hideout," He said, smiling, looking around.

 "Oh, I-I am sorry," Yoseob stuttered.

 "Oh, no, no! No problem at all, I don't mind," He laughed as he saw what Yoseob had been reading before he came.

 "Looks like you found my territorial mark too," Doojoon said.

 "Huh?" Yoseob said, confused.

 Doojoon walked over and squatted down next to him.

 "This," he said, trailing his fingers over the words 'Dunjoon', "When I was young, my brother and I used to come here alot and play. We cleared the small bushes and trees here and made this our little hideout. We each picked a tree and carved our names on it. Back then, I was way too young and spelt my name wrongly,"

 Yoseob chuckled at the Director's cuteness. Doojoon looked at Yoseob weirdly, and laughed too.

 "haha, why am I telling you all these?" Doojoon questioned himself, looking at Yoseob.

 "Huh?" Yoseob said, starring at the Director.

 "I don't usually talk to people like this, and yet I am talking to you like this. Did you cast a spell on me?" Doojoon joked, ruffling Yoseob's hair without thinking.

 That unexpected motion nearly caused Yoseob's heart to go boom. He could have sworn there was a mini explosion in his brain. Oh god, breathe, Yoseob, breathe...

 "Are you okay?" Doojoon asked worriedly, when Yoseob had gone quiet.

 "Huh? Oh, I am fine," Yoseob said, trying to sound as natural as possible.

 "Are you writing a song? It's for the camp's lyric writing workshop right?" Doojoon asked, noticing the music sheet Yoseob was holding.

 Yosoeb nodded,

 "But I couldn't really come up with anything," Yoseob said, feeling a little guilty. He was supposed to be concentrating on his task now.

 "I can help you with that," Doojoon said, smiling.

"How do you feel now?" he asked Yoseob.

 "Eh? I feel, really, happy?" Yoseob said, averting his eyes and starring at his music sheet instead.

 "Why?"

 Because I am talking to you, "Because...because I was able to find this place...and it's really nice," Oh my god Yoseob, that was so lame.

 Doojoon laughed.

 "Then just write that down! Your feelings, what you feel. Don't worry if it sounds stupid or anything, no one is going to laugh at you. Just putting down your honest feelings is how songs came about in the first place,"

 Yoseob nodded, and clicked open his pen. He was about to write, but he starred at Doojoon. Doojoon saw and chuckled,

 "Okay, I won't look, go ahead and write," he said, turning around so his back was facing Yoseob.

 Yoseob blushed. He didn't not want the Director to look, but because the subject of the song was obviously about him, naturally he couldn't see. Yoseob smiled to himself. He was really enjoying his time with the Director. The Director seemed all stern during the audition and the time when he was in front of his stars, but he was really, really nice when he was...alone with Yoseob.

 The next few moments were filled with the scratching of pen on paper, until Yoseob was finally satisfied with his short song. His watch beeped, signalling it was time to go back.

 "Director..."

 "Call me Doojoon hyung, when we are alone, that is," Doojoon said, turning to face Yoseob again.

 "D-Doojoon hyung," Yoseob stuttered, gripping his pen and paper. Oh my god my heart...

 "I've gotta go," Yoseob managed to say, smiling and pointing at his watch. Doojoon nodded and waved goodbye to Yoseob.

 "Keep this place a secret alright?"

 Yoseob nodded his understanding, and rushed off back to the music studio. He wondered whether the Director...erm, Doojoon hyung knew about Lee Joon knowing the location. Must have been a coincidence...

 He arrived back at the music studio, where everyone had arrived already.

 "Oh kay! Now that everyone is here, who would like to present his piece first?" Jiyong asked, as Yoseob took his seat.

 "Me!" Park Bom from 2NE1 called out. Her group members all bursted into giggles, knowing what was coming up next.

 "Sure, come on up," Teddy said, amused.

 Bom walked confidently to the front, and she loudly declared,

 "I wrote a song about my passionate love for corn."

 The whole studio bursted into uncontrollable fits of laughter, and it took a while before they settled down again. Park Bom smiled sheepishly, but she broke into her song, unashamed. It sounded almost like a christmas jingle.

 "Oh corn, how beautiful you are,

The tiny yellow pouch like seeds,

That taste like golden powdered chocolates,

How delightful you do taste!"

 There was unbearable laughter throughout her whole song, but the whole time Yoseob wasn't really listening. He was humming his own song in his heart, daydreaming about the director.

 Oh, I can see the look in your eyes,

It seems so gentle, so sweet,

Who'd knew we would both stumble,

Into this little paradise?

Unknown to anyone else,

We can have this whole world to ourselves,

Undisturbed,

Just you and me...

 

-Dance Practice 6:03p.m.-

 "So step step step, turn..."

 Yoseob was sweating buckets. They were rehearsing for their dance routine, one which they had put together a few hours ago when they started to discuss. It was only the first hour into their practice, yet Yoseob was feeling tired already.

 "Are you okay?" Hyunseung asked, worried. Yoseob was about to answer and say 'yes' when the door to the music studio opened.

 "OMO! It's the Director!"

 Yoseob turned to look, and indeed, Doojoon walked into the studio, smiling at the trainees. He made eye contact with Yoseob, and gave him a small wink before going to talk to Jiyong, who was sitting in a corner, supervising the whole thing.

 Yoseob blushed, and turned back to practice, willing to try his hardest, now that Doojoon was here.

 "So about the boy band, I was thinking of this name.." Jiyong and Doojoon were discussing about the matter that they were both working on. They gave each other suggestions and made notes on the report. Doojoon looked up to check on Yoseob halfway through, and his action didn't go unnoticed by Jiyong.

 "So, you checking out the trainees after my suggestion the other night?" Jiyong smirked. Honestly, he knew Yoseob liked Doojoon, and he would like nothing more than to try and get the both of them together. Yoseob was a soft, cutie pie, and Doojoon was this stern, Boss who is able be equally nice as he was fierce.

 A cute couple.

 Jiyong looked as Doojoon shot hot, burning glares at him.

 "I am not gay, Jiyong," he hissed.

 Yup, definitely a cute couple.

 Suddenly, a loud thud was heard from the corner. Both Doojoon and Jiyong looked to see that Yoseob had accidentally fallen and hit his arm against the balancing bars at the side.

 "Ah!" Yoseob cried, holding his arm.

 They both rushed over to him, as the other trainees gathered around him too.

 "Can you move your arm?" Hyunseung asked, squatting down and gently holding his friend's arm.

 "Ye-yeah..." Yoseob whispered, uncomfortable at the attention. "I am going to the toilets...I can go alone! You don't have to accompany me," Yoseob frantically said when his friends stood up, wanting to follow him. He didn't want them to think he was badly hurt.

 "I-" Doojoon started to say, but stopped himself.

 He can go to the toilet himself...it's not like I have to help him...

 "Yo Boss, go help the little guy," Jiyong muttered, nudging the Director towards Yoseob. Doojoon was confused. Was it supposed to be alright if he helped him? No...he'd better not. He had to maintain his image as Director.

 "No," Doojoon snapped, surprising himself at how cold he sounded. "He can go himself. You can right?" Doojoon said in a softer tone, towards Yoseob. Yoseob nodded, looking towards the floor. He held his arm delicately and walked out of the dance studio.

 Jiyong looked at Doojoon, frowning.

 "What?" Doojoon asked defensively, wondering whether he should have helped Yoseob afterall.

 "Nothing," Jiyong sighed. He started to doubt whether the relationship between the stubborn Director and the trainee would be possible... 

 

- - - - - -

 

 Yoseob walked into the toilet, and was surprised by a sudden splash of water towards him.

 "OMO!" he squealed out aloud, letting go of his hand, which resulted in a piercing pain through the unsupported arm. He gasped in pain and looked up to glare at whoever splashed the water towards him. What he saw took him by surprise.

 "Lee Joon?"

 Lee Joon was holding a bucket, gloves on either hand. He glared at Yoseob, but that glare couldn't hide the fact that he was blushing really hardly.

 "What are you doing?" Yoseob asked, a little nervous at the second unexpected encounter that day.

 "Toilet Duty,"  Lee Joon said shortly.

 Ok...Lee Joon and Toilet Duty? Are you serious?

 Yoseob nodded, not knowing what to say. He decided to not comment and walked over to the basin. He rolled up his sleeves, see that a large black blue bruise had already risen on his arm. Ouch.

 He bit his lip as he the tap to let the water flow onto his bruise. He gasped out loud as Lee Joon suddenly grabbed his arm. His injured arm.

 "OW! OI, WATCH IT!" Yoseob cried. Lee Joon looked at his bruised arm, expressionless, and walked away, out of the toilet. He soon returned with a small first-aid kit. He took off the rubber gloves he was wearing, and then he took out a small tube of cream from the kit, and squeezed a small amount onto Yoseob's bruise.

 "O-ow, hey, it's okay, let me-"

 "Shut up," Lee Joon said, irritated.

 Yoseob kept quiet as Lee Joon carefully applied on the cream. He was really confused. Had Lee Joon been this nice before?

 He finished applying the cream, and kept the tube back into the first-aid kit. Lee Joon went back to filling the buckets with water, as if nothing had happened. Yoseob looked at Lee Joon work for a while, and wanted to offer help.

 "Hey, do you want me to-"

 "YOSEOB!" Junhyung jogged into the toilet, not noticing Lee Joon at first.

 "Are you okay? The others were wondering why you were taking so long..." he looked up and saw Lee Joon a couple feet away. He immediately frowned.

 "Was this guy bothering you?"

 "What? No, NO! He wasn't, he helped me, Junhyung," Yoseob said, his eyes widening at what Junhyung was suggesting.

Lee Joon glared at Junhyung, as if daring him to start a fight. Yoseob quickly grabbed Junhyung's arm, and half-dragged, half-march him out of the toilet.

 "Let's just go," Yoseob said, nervous at the sudden tension in the room. Junhyung let himself be dragged away, not wanting to stay either.

 Lee Joon's gaze softened, and he starred at the door as it closed, and still continued to long to after Yoseob and Junhyung had left. His face was expressionless, unreadable.

 

  

OMG...this is the first time I have ever broken through the 3000 word limit xD oh, and if you guys are wondering why Lee Joon is doing toilet duty, well, let's just say he only listens to Doojoon. Did you guys like this long~ chapter? My Christmas present to you guys...Merry Christmas!

 Hope you guys enjoyed your Christmas, mine kinda , so yeah.

 Please leave your thoughts and comments! Even silent readers, please try to, treat it as a Christmas gift to me, okay? :)