Day 2 Part 2

No way! I am straight...right?

It was after the jog, when everyone had nearly died from exhaustion, that Yoseob, somehow or another, found himself in the kitchen of the pension.

Everyone had washed up, and according to the schedule, it was now 'cooking class'. The 2NE1 girls and Kikwang were at the front of the kitchen and apparently Park Bom was in charge of this segment of the camp.

"Hello everyone~" she greeted cheerfully, waving a whisk in her hand. "Teddy oppa said that as part of your training camp, I am to instruct you guys on the different, nutritious recipes you can make after a long and hectic schedule. Everyone's health is the top priority, so please don't succumb to slimming pills and whatnot to maintain your figure," she said sternly, sounding like a mother.

"Now everyone please grab an apron at the side, we are going to learn how to make chicken soup! If you are unsure of anything please feel free to ask the girls or Kikwang here~"

Yoseob hurried to grab an apron.  He had seen his mother cook i the kitchen a lo of times before, so he was sure he would do alright here. I mean, cooking a chicken? Doesn't seem that hard to me...

"Can someone help me with the strings here?" Dongwoon whined. He pouted at Junhyung, who was helping Hyunseung and pointedly ignoring his complaints. Yoseob was about to go help when suddenly Kikwang came over and took the apron strings. He looped at the strings around Dongwoon's body and tied it at the front. Dongwoon starred wide eyed at the idol and gulped.

"There," Kikwang said when he was finished. He gave Dongwoon his signature eye smile when he finished, and continued, "This way you can easily untie the strings when you are done using the apron,"

"Thanks," Dongwoon choked, grinning sheepishly.

"Please feel free to ask me anything else! Cute little dongsaeng," he laughed, and went to help Bom set up the pots and cutlery.

Yoseob grabbed a pot and set it on the stove. Dongwoon was incessantly talking about Kikwang, and even to the point that Hyunseung was a bit tired of hearing about the star too.

"Hyung, did you hear? He called me cute!"

"He calls everyone cute, Dongwoon,"Yoseob sighed.

"But-"

"Say one more thing about him and I will stuff this chicken into your mouth," Junhyung threatened, holding up a raw chicken. That immediately slienced Dongwoon.

Apparently, Dongwoon wasn't the only one being annoying in the room. Yoseob looked to his left and saw the SHINee sunbaenims holding up a huge pot on the stove. Onew was trying to find an even bigger pot still.

"Yah! Hyung, it doesn't matter how big your pot is, our group is still going to get two chickens, isn't that enough?" Key said, irritated.

"You know two chickens aren't enough for me~" Onew whined. "Bom noona! Can we get an extra chicken?" Onew suddenly yelled across the room to Bom, who was reading through her cookbook once more.

"No!" she answered, not caring to lift up her head to answer the leader's question, and started to instruct the people in the room on the instructions for the soup.

"Boil the water..." Yoseob concentrated on the task ahead of him. He instructed Junhyung and Hyunseung on the steps, while Dongwoon stood by, watching. Junhyung had stopped him from trying to attempt anything at all, remembering each time when Dongwoon had used the kitchen back at their dorm, something disastrous would happen. Yoseob felt a bit sorry for Dongwoon, and told him he could could add the extra seasoning at the end. Therefore Dongwoon obediently stood by, salt and pepper in hand.

Half an hour rolled by and the kitchen was filled with whiffs of aroma from the chicken soup on the tables. Dongwoon excitedly asked Yoseob,

"Can I add the salt and pepper now? Can I?" He asked.

"Erm, okay, only a few pinches okay? A FEW PINCHES." Yoseob said, emphasizing on the last word. Dongwoon reassurred Yoseob that he knew what he was doing and started on his duty. Yoseob didn't think there was too much to worry about, necause Dongwoon couldn't be that stupid... Right?

Wrong.

It seems Yoseob overestimated Dongwoon's ability to handle salt and pepper.

Kikwang walked over to Yoseob's table, checking on their group's condition. He looked at their soup and asked if he could have a taste. They eagerly agreed. Kikwang took a ladleful of the soup, and gulped a whole lot.

And immediately spit it out, gasping.

Yoseob, who was standing right in front of the pot, got the worst of it. He didn't have time to dodge and the soup was spit right into his face.

"OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY!" Kikwang said, his eyes widening. Junhyung reached over, tasted the soup and gagged.

"Son Dongwoon!" Junhyung seethed, grabbing the back of his shirt as he tried to slip out of the kitchen without being noticed.

"Just how many pinches of salt did you add?"

Yoseob reassured Kikwang that he was alright and excused himself to go to the toilet. The toilets were built in between the on and the dormitories, and as Yoseob tried hardly to rub the spit out of his eyes, he heard the sound of a piano drifting from across the hallway. It sounded like it came from the music studio. He peeked into the room, and to his surprise, he saw Jiyong sitting at the piano, playing a complex, sad tune. Jiyong looked up and saw Yoseob's reflection in the piano's dark surface. He turned around and gestured for Yoseob to join him.

"Hyung, what are you playing?" Yoseob asked as he sat next to him. He was reminded of when he was young, when he and Hyunseung used to listen to Jiyong play the piano at his house. They would squeeze into the small piano bench on either side of him, and request different songs for him to try and play by ear.

Jiyong shrugged, and gestured to the empty manuscript book in front of him.

"Eh, but what piece were you playing just now?"

"Just a random tune I thought of..."

"But it was so good! It sounded really sad though, did something happen hyung?" Yoseob asked worriedly. Yup, there was nothing worse than emo Jiyong, playing random and genius-like pieces on the piano, and forgetting them afterwards.

Jiyong stratched his head, "I have no idea..."

Yoseob starred at his hyung. His emo-ness seemed to have gone up a whole new level.

"You are trying to write a new song, aren't you, hyung? Why not use the tune you thought of just now, and throw in some other chords?" Yoseob said, trying to cheer Jiyong up.

"Writing a song isn't that simple Yoseob..." Jiyong sighed.

"Do you believe in fortune tellers?"

"What?" Yoseob was puzzled by his hyung's sudden question. Seeing that Jiyong was serious, he thoughtfully replied,

"I don't really think much of them, but they are fun to listen to..." Yoseob said, looking at Jiyong quizzically. "Why? Did a fortune teller tell you something horrible?"

Jiyong frowned, "Aish, its nothing, go on, you shouldn't stay here too long. And why do you smell like chicken soup?" he said, shooing Yoseob away.

Yoseob huffed and stood up to leave.

"Fine, I will go," he said, turning around. But as he walked out, he hovered over by the door. "Hyung, if you have anything you want to talk about, you know you still have me and Hyunseung,"

Jiyong nodded, and smiled at Yoseob.

 

-----At the dance studio(last segment for the day)-----

"Hello everyone," SHINee's maknae, Taemin, cutely greeted. He was in charge of this segment along with Key and Minzy. In this segment, they were to split up into groups, and start planning their dance routines for the competition on the last day of the camp. There wasn't much splitting up to do. MBLAQ was one group, and the usual four were in a group as well.

"This competition is somewhat of a test," Taemin explained. "It is to see the routines you can put together yourself in this short period of time, and your teamwork as well."

"Yes, and you can only ask us for help on certain dance moves you are unsure of, but other then that, you are not allowed to ask us for help," Minzy continued.

"Us three will be the judges for the competition, including the Director. We will be monitoring your group's activities from today onwards," Key said.

"To make it more difficult," Taemin said, walking over to a boom box, "You have to plan your dance moves to this track, without following the original dance steps."

He clicked 'play' and soon, the whole room was filled with Hyuna's 'Bubble Pop!'

"The total points is a point a hundred, and copying any original moves will minus ten," Key snickered. Minzy and Taemin starred at him. Key was the one who chose the track. He originally wanted to choose 'Sorry Sorry' by Super Junior, but thought it was way too hard to replace the original moves and match it to the beat.

For the next twenty minutes, the whole room was filled with buzzing of ideas.

Jiyong stepped into the room, and asked Key, Taemin and Minzy how the trainees were doing.

"We checked their backgrounds on dance, and they don't seem too bad, so it shouldn't be a problem for them," Key said.

"Is that so...?" Jiyong muttered.

Hyunseung noticed Jiyong's presence and looked up to smile at him. Jiyong smiled back, and breathed a sigh of relief.

I must be thinking too much...

 

@cheriehime thanks so much for your idea ^^

@Gohannah4444 Your comment gave me a great idea! I have decided that if I can't write about dooseob, I would write about kiwoon, junseung or jiseung! Thanks~