Intermission - Progress Report

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

    “Alright,” Yixing hissed right after Minseok took a break to go to the bathroom. “Everyone, huddle!” He waved his hand, and ten boys immediately hurried to crowd around him. Yixing began counting haircuts to make sure everyone was there before letting out a low groan. “Where’s the maknae?” He asked, causing most of his band mates to shrug.

    “Last I saw him, he was muttering something about Imposters and Heaven,” Luhan said, and Tao nodded in agreement.

    “Yeah, I think he went outside. Why?”

    “Who cares about Sehun,” Jongin spoke up, looking annoyed. “Why haven’t I gotten a turn yet?”

    “I haven’t either!” Kyungsoo whined, pouting.

    “Guys,” Chanyeol began, only to be ignored.

    “You don’t get a turn, pipsqueak,” Wufan snapped, shoving Kyungsoo towards Baekhyun.

    “Have I mentioned that you’re all ridiculous?” Jongdae asked with a roll of his eyes. “Because if not, I’d like to just state that you’re all utterly ridiculous. Very, very ridiculous.”

    “If you don’t want your turn, I’ll be more than happy to take if off your hands,” Joonmyun told him, smiling hopefully. The smile immediately disappeared at the disgusted look Jongdae shot him.

    “Uh, guys,” Chanyeol tried again, only to have Jongdae cut him off without even looking at the poor boy.

    “Why SM made you leader, I’ll never understand.”

    “Shut up,” Yixing snapped with a huff, and Jongdae’s mouth immediately closed. “Look, we need a progress report before gege gets back! Tao, you start.”

    “Well, gege,” Tao began, clearing his throat importantly. “I feel as though I made real headway with Minseok-ge. I think he’s in love with me.”

    “Bull!” Luhan shrieked, causing Coordi-noona’s and manager-hyung to glance over at the huddle curiously. “He’s in love with me!” Luhan finished, lowering his voice back to a angry whisper.

    It turned into a full on argument between nine of them, even the ones that hadn’t gotten to kiss Minseok yet, while Chanyeol kept murmuring ‘guys...guys, I really need to talk to you...look, it’s important guys.’ Eventually, even the ever-relaxed Chanyeol got fed up with his band mates. No one was perfect, after all. “Yah!” He shouted, and for a good five seconds the entire room went silent, every single person turning to stare at him. Even the photographer.

    Chanyeol coughed awkwardly, and talk resumed for everyone except for the members of Exo currently standing in a tight circle. “Look,” he said, returning to a low murmur. “There’s something I need to tell you about Minseok-hyung. He thinks we’re-”

    As if on cue, the door to the room opened and Minseok skipped happily inside. Ten boys froze, sure that they were about to get questioned, but Minseok only shot them a knowing smile. “Who’s next?” He asked.

    No one understood why Chanyeol began laughing maniacally. Which, Chanyeol decided, was precisely the problem.
----

A/N: Depending on how busy my day gets, I might slip in another chapter tonight since this one's so short.