Chapter 05 - Chanyeol's Better Proposition

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

    Minseok breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that it was Chanyeol that had snuck behind him. Despite how Chanyeol appeared most of the time (his playful streak seemed to come out more when there were cameras), he was actually quite level-headed and calm.

    Which was exactly what Minseok needed. “Chanyeol-ah,” Minseok said, grabbing onto his dongsaeng’s shoulder to hold him in place. “Thank goodness! I think some of the members have been abducted by aliens!”

    Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Come again?”

    “Aliens,” Minseok hissed, glaring suspiciously around them to make sure that no one was eavesdropping. The photographer didn’t count, as he was currently cursing out their manager-hyung for putting him through such ridiculousness. “Luhan-ah, and Tao-ah, and Baekhyun-ah, and maybe Yixing-ah too! They’ve been abducted by aliens, and replaced by alien imposters!”

    “I don’t think so, hyung,” Chanyeol said, staring at Minseok like he’d gone insane. Maybe Minseok had, he didn’t know anymore. “Are you feeling okay?” He pressed the back of his hand against Minseok’s forehead, and Minseok had to fight off his initial urge to flinch away from the contact. “You seem a little warm. Maybe you’re sick?”

    “I’m not sick,” Minseok squealed. Why didn’t Chanyeol believe him? “You don’t understand! They’ve been saying weird things, and doing weird things, and Tao-ah kissed me!”

    “I remember, I was there,” Chanyeol reminded him, giving him a sympathetic smile. “He said it was an accident-”

    “But I don’t think it was,” Minseok said seriously. “I think they’ve been abducted by aliens! It’s the only rational explanation!”

    “That sounds anything but rational,” Chanyeol said, looking like he was about to laugh. Minseok didn’t want him to laugh, he wanted Chanyeol to take him seriously!

    “Please believe me, Yeollie!” Minseok whined, finding no other option but to give the younger man his best aegyo. “I’m not crazy and I’m not sick! They’re aliens!”

    Chanyeol gave him a calculating stare, lasting nearly a whole minute, before he sighed. “Okay, hyung. Why don’t we just take the picture and we’ll talk about the possibility of our band mates being alien imposters later.”

    Minseok knew it was the best he’d be getting, so he nodded unhappily. “Fine. But you have to promise we’ll talk about it later!”

    Chanyeol shot him a grin. “Deal.” He glanced at the photographer. “You ready, Ahjussi?” He asked the man. The only response they got was an annoyed growl and the photographer putting the camera up to his face. “Remember to smile, hyung,” he reminded Minseok before wrapping his arms around the older man’s shoulders and pressing a kiss against his cheek. Minseok was taken aback by the sudden attack, and he began to lose his balance, barely having time to grab onto Chanyeol and shoot a smile at the camera before -

    Click!

    Chanyeol attempted to steady the quickly falling Minseok, but it only resulted in both of them crashing onto the linoleum floor.

    Minseok squeezed his eyes shut, expecting the hard impact of the floor. Instead he landed on something warm and squishy. Something that grunted in pain when his elbow accidentally collided with its side. His eyes opened to see what it was he’d hit, only to find a grimacing Chanyeol beneath him.

    “Omo!” He exclaimed in horror, attempting and failing to get off of his dongsaeng. “Chanyeol-ah, I’m so sorry-”

    He was cut off when Chanyeol’s arms tightened around his shoulders. “Calm down, hyung,” Chanyeol chuckled, blinking his eyes open. Minseok suddenly became aware of how close they were to each other. So close that he could feel Chanyeol’s breath hitting his lips.

    “Chanyeol-ah,” Minseok started, putting his hands on Chanyeol’s chest so that he could push himself off of the young rapper. Except for some inexplicable reason Chanyeol wouldn’t let him go.

    “Are you hurt?” Chanyeol asked, his lips turning from an amused smile to a concerned frown.

    “No,” Minseok began, struggling a bit because he really wanted to get off of Chanyeol now, “but-”

    “Then what’s the problem?” Chanyeol questioned, grinning again as he quickly pecked Minseok on the cheek. “I’ll hold you as long as you want, hyung.”

    Minseok’s stomach dropped in horror as his dongsaeng’s words sunk in. “No!” He shouted, struggling against Chanyeol’s hold. “You’re an alien too!” Chanyeol suddenly let him go, his head dropping onto the linoleum as he began laughing hysterically. Minseok used the distraction to roll off of Chanyeol and stumble back to his feet.

    Only to crash into someone else seconds later.

----

Okay, guessing game is back up =) Who has poor Xiumin crashed into this time? And, just because I still find this picture hilarious:

tumblr_mlb0rfVhnQ1qhemkto1_500.png