Chapter 03 - Lay's Only Prize

The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

    “That’s enough, Luhan-ge,” Yixing stated flatly, pulling Luhan away. “You’re gonna scar him for life.”

    Minseok was so grateful for the interruption that he very nearly cried again. In fact, he hadn’t wanted to cry so much in his entire life. The world was turning upside down and Luhan just molested him.

    The only rational explanation Minseok could come up with was that Luhan had obviously been abducted by aliens, and the Luhan currently glaring daggers at Yixing was an imposter. Maybe Tao had gotten abducted too. At least he could count on Jongdae and Yixing to still be normal.

    “Are you okay, gege?” Yixing asked Minseok quietly as soon as Luhan stalked off, muttering curses under his breath.

    “I’m very confused,” Minseok admitted, knowing that Yixing wouldn’t think less of him. “What’s going on, Yixing-ah?”

    “I don’t know,” Yixing replied, shrugging innocently. “But I’m sure that everything will be fine tomorrow, alright?”

    Minseok nodded tearfully, surreptitiously wiping at his eyes. Yixing clucked his tongue disapprovingly and swatted Minseok’s hands away, moving instead to lightly brush the forming tears away with his thumbs.

    “You can’t cry, gege,” Yixing told him, keeping his voice low so that only Minseok could hear him. “You have to put on a happy face for the fans, remember?”

    Minseok nodded again, sniffling and resisting the urge to throw his arms around Yixing and bury his head in the younger boys chest so that he could start sobbing uncontrollably. Because honestly, the world had gone insane and how the hell was he supposed to save Luhan and Tao from aliens? The aliens were obviously far more advanced and even with the combined powers of Exo, there was no way.

    Luhan and Tao were lost to space. He’d failed as the oldest member of Exo. Once the others found out, they’d never forgive him.

    “Are you two ready yet?” The photographer asked, looking at the boys and not even bothering to hide his annoyance. “I actually have work to do today, I can’t hang around forever.”

    Yixing looked at Minseok questioningly, and Minseok took a deep breath before plastering a large smile on his face. “I’m ready,” he said in his most upbeat voice, feeling unexpectedly accomplished when Yixing smiled back at him just as brightly.

    Minseok allowed Yixing to wrap his arm around his lower back, and gave the camera a frozen grin as he felt Yixing press his lips carefully against Minseok’s cheek. Minseok waited, hoping the worry wasn’t showing on his face because even though Yixing didn’t seem like he’d been abducted by aliens, Luhan and Tao hadn’t seemed that way at first either.

    Click!

    Immediately Yixing pulled away, and Minseok let out a sigh of relief. No molestations this time. Maybe the day wasn’t completely ruined after all.

    “Next!” The photographer called, and Minseok was just about to turn around and see who he’d be forced to deal with next when Yixing pulled Minseok into an unexpected hug.

    “Yixing-ah?” Minseok asked, immediately hugging the younger man back despite his confusion.

    “Even though I lost the survival game, and even if I lose the showdown,” Yixing began quietly, keeping a tight hold on Minseok’s waist, “I’ll always feel like I’ve won because of this moment. You’re the best prize anyone could ask for.”

    Minseok was speechless - his brain having completely shut down - as Yixing let him go and took a step back.

    “Hang in there, gege,” Yixing said, patting Minseok comfortingly on the shoulder before walking away.

    What just happened?

    And what did Yixing mean? What Showdown?

----

A/N: And the plot thickens...but seriously I was re-reading through all of the (unposted) chapters last night and realized that Lay is one of the few who didn't try and molest Xiumin. Possibly because I can't really imagine Lay molesting anyone. I dunno...

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to whalecum for guessing Yixing =D I promise I'm working on  your present right now. Of course, anyone can still play, and if you're the first to guess who's going to give Baozi nightmares next, you'll get a present as well ; ).