My Ego's All I Have

Avoiding Romantic Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't understand... Why him?" Jungkook sobbed into his hands whilst sitting on the grassy field. His emotions took over him, and they caused him to go running out of class. He had watched them laughing and talking together from the corner of his eye. A part of him shattered from watching them during lunch. It didn't make sense. It was always Taehyung. Taehyung always got what he wanted and it wasn't fair. 

"He's an idiot who will hurt Kim Soeun. I will treasure her, so why didn't she pick me?" He sobbed harder, knowing that this was serious. He was serious about this girl who was never going to be his. He's never been so serious with other girls as he was about Soeun. Something– no, everything about her attracted him. 

"Jungkook... What's wrong?" 

"H-Huh?" He looked up from his hands, but his vision was blurry. He blinked and wiped his tears to see Soeun. She stood upon him now. She was looking down at him with sympathy, and Jungkook scowled at her. He propped one knee up and looked in the opposite direction so that he wouldn't be seen crying. 

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" 

"Don't look at me like that! I don't need your sympathy!" He snapped. Soeun's eyes widened in shock. Jungkook's eyes widened as well. He couldn't believe he snapped at her, and he didn't mean it either. He wanted to take what he said back, but all of a sudden his ego wouldn't let him. He always put his ego down for his crush, but now it's the only thing he has. 

Please don't leave. Stay with me and ask me whats wrong. Please..

Soeun walked closer to him, and sat down next to him.

"Tell me whats wrong, Kookie. I know you are not fine."

"I like you, Soeun... I like you a lot." He said without looking at her. He had the back of his head toward her. There were tears still running down his cheeks as he talked.

"I like you so much, and it hurts so bad. This is serious, and I'm serious about you. You hurt me so much though.. I-It's not easy. I have to watch you with T-Taehyung... I-I've never cried about any other girl... I was going to ask you first. I can't hold it back anymore. I'm sorry..."

"Jungkook-ah... It's fine." 

"Is it really fine, noona?"

She gently placed her hands on his cheeks, and slightly turned his face to her. His eyes were cold at first, and then they turned into something different. Want? Lust? 

Jungkook used this time to his advantage. Without even thinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter