3 of Swords

Meant It and Mean it
double update ^^
'Where's your will power?!' Hye Sun screamed in her head, her hand colliding with her forehead. The majority of the class turned to look in her direction when they heard the sound caused by the sudden contact. For the past hour and fifteen minutes everyone knew that she wasn't paying attention to the lesson. If you glanced at her in the middle of the lesson she'd look concentrated and deep in thought, but it had nothing to do with the lesson. In fact she was only thinking about what had happened last night. 

One last card had slipped from the deck while Yuhan had tidied the tarot cards away and insisted that they interpreted them, "if cards just randomly fly out it means they're begging for attention!" 

Hye Sun kind of wished they hadn't read it.

"The three of swords. It's one about heart break...it could mean that loving more than one person would give you heartbreak or just someone in general who's hurting you." 

That particular someone is Sehun. 

It's gotten to the point where he didn't even greet her in the mornings with a smile anymore and instead wore his poker face while just walking away from her. That's what she'd wanted thought, she wanted him out her life. She wanted him on his knees, begging for forgivness and asking for her to come back to him. But the tables had turned. 

'Two can play this game,' she'd thought before the start of the lesson, 'I'll ignore him just as he ignored me.' Of course that didn't last very long, within the next 5 minutes she'd already glanced in his direction, and she did that 5 minutes later as well...and again and again. For the past hour and fifteen minutes.

He was half way across the room from her, but no one noticed. If their eyes ever met -which happened more often than you think- she'd widen her eyes in surprise and quickly snap her head round to face the front again, making it utterly obvious she was watching him. Which is slightly frustrating because she was trying to avoid him, but her eyes kept unconciously going to him. 

Pretty soon -after getting caught about 10 times- Sehun caught onto her little game and waited, with his head turned in her direction, for her to 'sneak' a peek at him. A smirk played on his lips as he realised the tables had turned and he was now staring at her. But he didn't mind. He loved her flustered face -which he'd gotten to see multiple times during the lesson- and her expression whenever she was doing anything. 

He'd noticed her trying to ignore him all morning, the very stunt happens everytime she gets angry at him; only she doesn't think he notices. It starts off with the silent treatment and then the cold shoulder, but in the next lesson they have together you can bet £1000 that she'll be looking at him. Blindly, he thought she was still annoyed because he'd got her into detention because she was too thick to see the truth. She always claims that the longest she'd ever stayed mad at him was 2 days but he knew that was false; she'd forgive him the first time she sees him at school. This time, however, was different. Hye Sun had definately lasted longer than she usually does, when he saw her this morning her eyes were so full of determination (to stay mad at him, he'd decided), knowing he should let her calm down before she gets angry and punches him again, he just walked away as if he didn't see her.

'I didn't mean to piss you off...I never do...'

Resting his head on his hand, he looked in Hye Sun's direction by the window, squinting his eyes because of the sun. Her eyes were narrowed, her brow furrowed, her grip around the pencil was tight and her teeth were biting down gently on her full, plump, pink, kissable lips, he just wanted to walk over and-

The said girl turned around again, this time surprising Sehun as he abruptly turned back to his work and paused his slightly inappropriate imagination -and I do mean paused, he'll most definitely go back to it later.

-

"Hye Sun!" the girl's mother called up the stairs, her voice echoing into the girl's room, "your very pretty date is here!" the said girl rolled her eyes at her mother but couldn't stop her heart from skipping a beat at the thought of Luhan waiting for her downstairs...to take her on a date! 

Before heading downstairs, she checked herself in the mirror. Her hair was left straight and untouched, she wasn't wearing much make up either, which was probably for the best ageing as she hardly ever used make up and wanted to save herself from caking it on and looking like an ugly clown for her first date. She smoothed down a crease on the front bit of her plain, blue dress that ended just above the knees and wrapped herself up more in her cardigan. Sure, she didn't have the best fashion sense in the world but at least this outfit was Yuhan-approved. It would only be a short movie date as Luhan had a family dinner at 8:30 but she still had almost 4 hours with him.

'Four hours that might soon become 3 and a half,' she reminded herself, grabbing her phone, reading a slightly morbid text before stuffing it into her red side-bag and heading downstairs to greet Luhan with a beam.

Nothing could ruin this date, not even Yuhan's text that read, 'don't forget the three of swords, choose between Sehun or Luhan to save yourself from heartache.'

It was stupid. She'd chosen -she tried to convince herself- Luhan. At least her head had. Who knows where her heart lay?

He told her she looked beautiful and even promised to her mother he'd have her back on time. 

'He's a gentleman,' Hye Sun thought -more like tried to convince herself- as she stepped into his car, 'something Sehun isn't.'

Luhan 1 - Sehun 0

Hye Sun tallied up more differences between Luhan and Sehun in her head, before quickly losing count when the former did her seat belt up, his cologne intoxicating her when he leaned across her petite body.

When the car finally started driving and they adopted a nice conversation -which she wasn't really paying attention to because she was too busy thinking of all the pros and cons-, she was sure the score was something like Luhan 1000 - Sehun 5.

But of course it was those few things that she loved about Sehun that made it harder for her to let go.

It's a good idea to forget him, all he ever gives me if heartbreak and sorrow, he's not such a good best friend either. Sometimes I wonder if he'd even notice if I suddenly turned around and walked out his life. If I did, what would he do? Would he chase after me? Tell me not to leave? No. That's all just in my fantasy. He'd move on. Forget. Maybe even never notice? I wonder what I would do. Could I even do it? I find staying mad for long hard...how could I completely forget him? My life would without him. But it still with him too...I should move on...nothing's ever going to change if I keep holding onto him like this.

You can't start a new chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.

 

a/n- a filler chapter to lead onto the start of LuSun's date (lol couple name) and updating on how she's doing with the whole 'forgetting him' thing, which is so obivously not going to work. This is just a filler chapter because my chapter plans got messed up because they'll be serious following after this one. Stay tuned ;) 

Please subscribe, vote and comment!