(Stupid) Reasons

Meant It and Mean it

"Where is that stupid troll?!" Hye Sun yelled, slamming her locker shut. She was left, fuming in an empty hallway, having spent the past 20 minutes running around the whole school looking for Sehun in all the pla es he'd usually go to. She was basically tearing her hair out because she was so pissed! And it was 10 minutes before lessons started again, which is when she usually went to her classroom, so she could keep out of trouble. She didn't want another detention.

She quickly walked to her next class, music. It was one of the classes she really enjoyed, it made her happy -definitely happier than what she felt when she was getting forced to run 2 miles during gym class- and she had a decent voice. She poked her head through the door leading into the main music room, the door was left slightly ajar.

'Strange...I'm usually the first one here...' she thought, poking her head through the gap and scanning the room. As soon as she'd spotted him, sitting on the piano stool and looking at the keys longingly, a beautiful tune filled the room. With eyes as wide as saucers she observed him, how his fingers just ran perfectly along the keys and how he looked so peaceful. It had been years since she last heard him play piano, he'd always said he hated music and only did it because his parents forced him to. But he looked so engrossed and content. The song he was so perfectly playing brought back so many memories.

---

Shyly, Hye Sun stepped into the huge, empty music room, the sounds of her footsteps echoing and bouncing off the walls. It was cold and lonely being in there by herself, but she still took as long as she possibly could retrieving her flute case. Sometimes she wondered why she did this, wasting her time every week for the same old thing, but when reminding herself of the reason a blush spread across her cheeks. This would be her special schedule every Thursday: run out of class, go to the music room and waste time...until Sehun came. She'd made it a habit after finding out he goes to collect his music every Thursday before going home. With a smile, she ran her fingers along the piano which sat in the corner of the room, thinking about how stupid she was for acting like a complete stalker. 

"Eh? Hye Sun!" a familiar voice called from behind her, causing the said girl to jolt in surprise before spinning around. Coming face to face with a smiling Sehun.

"Sehun ah!" she greeted him as if she was surprised.

"We seem to meet every week now." Surprisingly, he didn't find it even a bit suspicious, but that's what Hye Sun liked about it because if she got caught she felt like she could never face him again.

"Sehun ah, play me a song," she pleaded, gesturing to the piano.

Obliging to her request, he perched himself on the bench and patted the space next to him, motioning for her to sit. He took in a deep breath and stared at the keys as if trying to remember how to play the song then continued to press down on them after regaining his confidence. It was a simple song, like 'Chopsticks' but Hye Sun was so impressed that she cheered and clapped after he'd finished.

"Whoa, you're so good!"

"Not really...You're just easily pleased," he joked bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. "I can teach you if you want."

After an enthusiastic nod, Sehun smiled before pointing at one key. "You have to press this...then this...and then..." Sehun wasn't the best teacher ever and sometimes he found it hard to recall which notes were next, but he didn't lose his patience and carried on showing her over and over again as the concentrating girl who was sitting shoulder to shoulder with him observed carefully. When it was her turn she'd gotten the first few notes right before hitting a wrong one, making her slump her shoulders in defeat, she didn't have nearly as much patience as Sehun, who chuckled because he'd seen this coming.

"Come on, don't give up Hye Sun ah," he said softly, while grabbing her right hand. Placing her hand back on the keys he positioned each finger on the correct notes and gently pressed down on them. He was innocently hoping she'd get the pattern now but her head was somewhere different completely. A blush was spreading across her cheeks and she wasn't even paying attention to his teaching anymore. Too absorbed in how close they were and how perfect he looked playing the piano, she completely tuned out everything and just stared at him.

She was kind of a erted 10 year old.

"Try yourself," he encouraged her. Biting her lip and furrowing her lip to help herself concentrate she hovered her hand over the white and black rectangles but when she hit a note...it was completely the wrong one. The boy next to her tried to hold back from falling on the floor laughing and instead picked up her hand, placing it about 15 keys away from where it had originally started, causing her to face palm due to her fail. "It's ok, I'm patient unlike you. I'll help you," he offered, while smiling down at her. It took her about half an hour and by then, they were both really late to get picked up by their parents.

-----

'Where did that little, kind and funny Sehun go?' she thought to herself with a sigh.

He was playing the song they learnt then...maybe he remembered? But Hye Sun doubted it. It probably only mattered to her more than it did to Sehun because she was foolish enough to fall for her best friend back then: now, however, was a completely different story. Someone who was so carefree and patient and kind...she wondered what happened to make him turn into someone who would purposely get his 'best friend' into trouble.

She wasn't as pissed as she was when she first found out, she usually has little spouts of anger but the anger dissipates quite quickly. She was too tired of all his bull to go up to him and punch him so hard he falls off the piano bench. But she still had to hear his explanation. She wanted an explanation not an excuse. And if he turns it around and starts blaming her she knows she'll lose control and most likely kick him in between the legs.

With one last sigh, she reminded herself to stay calm before walking in the room. The music stopped immediately and he looked up at her cautiously, as if she had a weapon pointed at him. Well, technically she did, her foot which was aimed directly at the place in which he made babies with; but that was only if he said something stupid.

 

"How was detention?" he asked with a smirk, making her foot twitch, begging to ruin his chances of ever having children (not that he'd be a good father, he'd probably watch TV and eat rather than looking after his babies. Then again who'd marry a douche like him?)

"Why did you do it?" she got straight to the point because she knew he'd try and wriggle out of confrontation.

"Do what?"

"You know what you did."

"Remind me, I forgot."

"Oh Sehun!"

"Park Hye Sun."

They exchanged words without missing a beat, which only frustrated Hye Sun more. Why couldn't Sehun just admit he did something wrong and for once?

She bit her lip hard as they glared feircely at each other. He'd always gotten away with it. But not this time.

"You little piece of !" she shouted. "Stop trying to deny it." Her voice was filled with so much anger that Sehun dropped his arrogant poker face and a flash of concern crossed his eyes before he face went back to resembling a rock.

"Hye Sun-"

"Just tell me why? Why did you tell Mrs. Lee I ditched her class? I was looking after you when you were sick! You know what could happen if I get into trouble! I-"

"Won't be able to go to China with Yuhan, I know...that's why I did it."

She was completely blown away and couldn't believe her ears! He got her into trouble...to stop her from going to China? Even though he knew how much it meant to her?

"What? Just because you'd miss me?" Though it wasn't a very good reason, it sounded pretty valid compared to his actual one.

"No...I didn't want you to take Yuhan with you."

Hye Sun had always wanted Sehun to take responsibility for his actions and not run away from confrontation and instead straightforwardly tell her his reasons for being the he was; but right now she wished he hadn't because she found the sudden urge to hurt him. Her body twitched with anger, her hand slowly closing into a tight ball as she tried to calm herself down; which obviously didn't work. Before she could think anymore, she gave into her violent urges and her knuckles met his -perfect- jawline. Though her weapon started to hurt when she retracted her hand, the shocked boy who'd been taken off guard by the punch looked like he was in more pain. It was OK because he deserved it.

"You ing douche bag! You know how much I wanted to go! And Yuhan will still go because she didn't have conditions like me," Sehun made a woops sound, "You know what?! Sometimes I wonder why I'm even friends with a jerk like you. I would tell you to come to my house and explain to my parents why I got into trouble so maybe I could still have a chance, but I don't want your ugly face anywhere near me!"

It seems like the only thing Sehun heard was 'your ugly face' as that was the only thing he remotely reacted to, aside from his blank face. Fighting back tears, Hye Sun became so disgusted with her robot of a best friend that she stormed out the room, leaving Sehun alone but not before one last rant.

"And by the way keep me out of your 'love life' with Yuhan, ok? Do you even like her? You better because I don't want my chances doing something I've always wanted to do to be flushed down the toilet in vain due to your half-hearted crush on Yuhan!"

When she left, Sehun's blank expression finally loosened into a frown. He hadn't planned for it to go like this. He knew how important it was for her, but he let his own selfish desires get the better of him. How would he manage a year without his best friend who kept him so grounded? How could he go a year without hearing her sweet and innocent interpretations of the sickest things? How would he manage to smile without her going hyper next to him? He couldn't, but she was too thick to see the truth. Sure, he'd miss Yuhan...but it was Hye Sun who he couldn't go a week without, never mind a year! He'd expected her to get angry and yell at him, but these things usually blew over in the following 2 days. But it was him who's the thick one. He may have saved himself from going a year without her...but now, if he didn't swallow his pride, he might have to go the rest of his life without her.

------

Tears finally finding their way down Hye Sun's cheeks, she ran out the music block, keeping her head to the ground. Missing the next class was her only option if she wanted to avoid Sehun,she could just go to the medical centre and say she has a stomach ache. If she skipped another class for no valid reason she'd get another detention and that wouldn't help her plight. Furiously wiping away her tears, she turned another corner but fell to the ground in the blink of an eye. She looked up and saw a familiar face towering over her and recognized the pair of doe eyes boring into hers in concern.

"L-Luhan ssi?"