Experience

Meant It and Mean it

"Hye Sun unnie!" a cheerful voice called behind her from the school gate. She didn't bother to turn around, knowing who the person was, and because she heard the fast paced footsteps, running to catch up to her. A smile stretched across her face, seeing her favourite lower classman.  

"Hana, how are you?" she asked, looking down at the girl's shining eyes. Her hair, dip-dyed at the ends to a light brown colour, was tired back in a high pony tail. She didn't have a very sharp jaw line, it was more curved and soft but that was mainly due to the chubbiness of her cheeks. Her dark eyes shone whenever she smiled and despite her being short -with no chance of getting any taller thanks to her parents' heights- just emphasized her cute, roundedness. She hardly looked like all those other Korean girls with deathly pale skin and straight, black hair -she was quite the opposite of all that- which is why Hye Sun always felt so plain next to Hana. 

"I'm good. Great, in fact! Your performance was amazing yesterday, someday I'll get a main role and be as good as you!" She seemed like a little kid, looking up to an adult and Hye Sun had yet to remind her that she was only a year older. But Hana was just too cute, so she let it slide. 

"You seem really happy today, what happened?" Hye Sun asked, nudging the younger one and wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. Not being the type to keep a secret -or ever keep shut- as soon as Hana opened , she inhaled deeply, preparing herself for the flurry of words that would leave her tongue. The taller arched her eyebrow when she blushed and simply said, 

"I met a boy." 

"Eh? But yesterday, right before the show, you were stressing over how can never seem to get a boyfriend," but she wasn't very surprised it takes a lot to overlook the cute, talkative girl who sticks out like a sore thumb. 

"I met him yesterday, after the show!" It was remarkable how such a petite girl could be so loud, but no one else in the hallway turned to look; they were to used it to. 

"Really?" she asked, not keeping her eyes off the excited hoobae even as she opened her locker. 

"Yeah, he came out of the backstage room yesterday but he wasn't a member of cast or crew, so I escorted him out." The scenario pictured in Hye Sun's mind turned out to resemble a bouncer kicking someone out a club rather than something romantic and heart racing. Especially when the way Hana could yell was accounted for. The dreamy sigh that tumbled from the younger's mouth caught her attention again, breaking her train of thought. "It was like love at first sight~" 

"You believe in that ?" Hye Sun asked monotonously, not missing a single beat. 

"Don't you?" Hana asked back, her creepy smile had been wiped off the surface off her face ad she was left standing there with an expression that made the other feel like she was pitying her. Pitying her for not believing in love. 

"No." 

"But you have a boyfriend! What? Do you not love him or something?" Hye Sun froze abruptly, everyone's eyes were on them thanks to the limitless volume range of Hana, who was oblivious to the sudden attention. Playing it off cooly, she looked around at the people sneaking -not so sneaky- glances at them and rolled her eyes with a smile. After that the commotion died down, everyone knew a lot of bull comes out Hana's mouth when she'd excited and she goes around exclaimed false statements. 

"Anyway, I got his number," she squealed, like a true fangirl, "do you think I should take the first step and ask him out?" By the way she gripped onto Hye Sun's arm with both hands and looked up at her with puppy dog eyes anyone else would have been compelled to say 'yes' regardless what they actually thought. But Hye Sun was a feminist. 

"What ever happened to boys asking girls out first?" 

"Well, I fell for him first, obviously I should ask him out first-"

"Not necessarily..." As usual, some random topic would come up and HyeSun would say offer her opinion then -living up to her 'fighting spirit' nickname- Hana would feel obliged to say something too, but -being the girl she is- Hye Sun would always want the last word. This is what happens frequently as a result of the two friends being so different from each other. But they get over it in the end. 

"Urgh, you're so weird unnie!" 

'Must get the last word,' ok, Hye Sun didn't actually think that, but most people think that is what goes through her head. 

"Why is it even a good thing to fall for someone else first, anyway?" she asked, walking to the water fountain all the way at the end of the hall. 

"Because if they fall for you first it's burdensome," Hana insisted, her view didn't match with Hye Sun's. She was getting slightly out of breath due to the struggle of keeping up with her sunbae with much longer legs than hers. 

'Did Sehun feel burdened?' the thought entered her head without permission and it was knocked right out as soon as it was heard. 'Idiot...'

"Not that I agree with you," Hye Sun started, a smirk on her face because she knew she'd won this. Bending down to get a cup she raised her brow, "but if it's the other way around you'll be burdening him as well as your own heart, right?" Hana stayed silent, unable to find anything else to say as the taller of the two filled up her plastic cup with water. "As I thought," she sighed, bringing the cup to her lips, "whoever falls in love first is the loser..." 

The other girl still remained silent, as if thinking to herself about how Hye Sun was right -which everyone knew wouldn't happen. She took the silence as admitting to defeat and, though she felt triumphant, she still felt a little guilty. It was like she'd just shattered a little kid's dream. 

"But, unnie-" 'Urgh, it's happening again,' "that's only because you've have bad experience!" 

"Believe what you want," was her monotonous reply, "I have a boyfriend, I'm pretty sure my view would've changed after dating him for 5 months if it was because of my experience." 

"But I heard you liked some dude and he didn't like you back," Hana continued, ignoring her sunbae who just rolled her eyes and brought the cup to her lips again before muttering something. 

"News spreads fast, huh?" 

"But Sehun oppa won't treat me badly." 

As if on cue, Hye Sun started coughing uncontrollably. She'd so cleverly decided to take a sip of water as her hoobae spoke, but ended up choking when she heard the sentence. This had to be some kind of cruel joke. Trying hard not to spit the water all over Hana, she doubled over and coughed her brains out. 

"Are you OK?" Luhan's worried voice could he heard and his familiar hands rubbed her back helpfully. Hana -the cause of all this- on the other hand just acted unfazed by Hye Sun almost dying. 

"See, you have the perfect boyfriend!" Luhan chuckled. "I'm going to make Sehun oppa fall for me then we can both be happy together!" Luhan's smile melted into a frown. The almost dying girl had recovered by now and straightened up, getting ready to warn her friend about what a she'd fallen for. 

"But Hana-" Bring! Bring! 

"Omo! Unnie! It's him! Gotta go!" she said excitedly, turning on her heel, answering her phone and walking the opposite direction. A stunned Luhan and solemn Hye Sun watched after her. Her heart was heavy as she watched her excitedly chat to her Sehun on the phone. 

"Hello? Oppa!" 

 

Short rant: I wish you would leave me and my heart alone -.- I don't give a anymore. You're not worth it. 

Please subscribe, upvote and comment <3