Right and Wrong

Meant It and Mean it

Music was booming so loudly Hye Sun swore the empty beer glasses on the table were shaking. As soon as she'd stepped foot into the house she took in an eyeful of people grinding up against each other -as well as the heavily decorated house. Some were busy drowning their worries away with a glass -or a bottle- of comforting alcohol, provided to them by the barista hired specially for the party -AKA Chanyeol. Before she could even wonder if the floppy eared man had any type of permit actually giving him the authority to pour and mix together cocktails that very much resembled cloudy urine, someone ran past her with a glass of Chanyeol's concotion in their hands. Stark . Laughing at the girl's horrified expression as she sauntered over, Yuhan threw an arm around her friend's shoulder.

“Nothing I'm not used to.”

~~~~~~

Self consciously tugging at the hem of her figure hugging skater dress, Hye Sun shifted awkwardly from foot to foot. She'd been here for almost half an hour yet it felt like an eternity. The clock clicking by slowly, as if mocking her. Yuhan had ditched her -the inexperienced party pooper- and was off dragging her boyfriend into some vacant bedroom and making the most of their drunken state. By now, everyone in the senior year was completely wasted, save for Luhan who she'd not seen yet. Maybe he was sloshed too?

'What does that even taste like?' she wondered with a scowl, watching someone down a shot, twist their face in disgust and then going on ask for another one. Why, she wondered, would anyone drink so much of something so disgusting? She'd only ever drunk a few times in her life and that would only be a cup of wine, never anything as extreme as vodka and all that .

“Want to try?” Dark, brown eyes looked down at her, light blonde locks escaping from the red snapback and clinging to his slightly wet forehead. An arm s around her waist, pulling her close, his scent intoxicating her sinuses. The lounge was crowded with people, which only made them press against each other more. 

“Is that seriously something you should be saying to your young girlfriend?” she asked, flashing him a look pregnant with all the sass he'd never known her to have.

“Not like you've never drank in your entire life,” he retorted with a snort. True, but she'd never been drunk. Smiling back at him after getting caught she began to move towards the bar, elbowing people out the way not so gracefully as Luhan followed suit. 

“Where have you been?” she interrogated him, slipping into the stylish red chair by the 'bar', which was really just a kitchen counter.

“Taking care of drunk people,” he answered with a smile while nodding his head in Chanyeol's direction. Hye Sun watched as the giant reached up and brought down a bottle from a high shelf. “Missed me, did you?” the soft voice brought back her attention. Luhan was now almost cheek to cheek with her, who was too afraid to turn her head even more.

“Well, it's your birthday and I at least wanted to wish you a happy one before you go off and get hammered,” she muttered, earning herself a chuckle. His breath tickled the nape of her neck, making her shiver visibly.

The Luhan next to her was different from usual. She could tell just by the way his eyes darkened when she took the small glass which had slid to her across the counter top. They'd been perfectly innocent up until now, a few kisses and make out sessions here and there but nothing too...naughty. But the aura he was giving off at that moment made her suspect he was wanting something less chaste tonight. It was slightly unnerving.

Hye Sun tipped her head back, downing all the liquid in one shot. Her eyes stung as well as the back of . But she'd finally gotten the answer to her question. It didn't matter how bad it looked or tasted, it was intoxicating, addicting. It made her feel alive.

“So, how did Chanyeol of all people manage to land this job?” she asked jokingly, pretty sure the said boy wouldn't be able to hear her over all the noise.

“Not sure, but he better be worth the $100 an hour I'm paying him,” Luhan muttered. Hye Sun tried not to flinch when his hand engulfed hers, a lot colder than usual. Resisting the urge to yank her hand back, she played off her discomfort with a forced laugh.

“Are you drunk, oppa?” she asked, voice barely audible. She didn't know if it was due to the sounds of the everything going on in the background or just because she'd lowered her shaking voice.

“Just a tad.” A set of doe eyes looked into hers, digging into the deepest corners of her soul. She was afraid that maybe he would be able to read everything she was thinking about, that he would figure out about her wavering feelings, that he would hate her because of how much she wanted to run away as he lent closer. So she just squeezed her eyes shut and forced herself to respond to his poisonous kiss.

Luckily she had his slightly tipsy state to blame her.

Everything about the kiss made her want to smack the Chinese out of him. Usually their kisses would have been slow and sweet, but theirs was the exact opposite as he tried to forcibly stick his tongue down . With no will to pull away and reprimand him for the indecency of the way he touched her entire body, she just went with it. She simply hoped the sour taste on her tongue was due to the alcohol.

In the end, Luhan only pulled away -grudgingly- when the sound of glass shattering resounded around the house. He sent her an apologetic smile and sped off to the direction of the accident. Regrettably, Hye Sun realised she'd have little chance of seeing him again for the rest of the party. But that's not what she was feeling regretful about. It was because of how relieved she'd felt when they broke the kiss.

“Chanyeol...” she grumbled, resting her throbbing head against the cool marble surface. “Get me a drink.”

 

~~~~~~

 

"And when I woke up, I realised Hana had ate my ring while I was asleep..." the girl grumbled, staring down at the empty glass in front of her. Her 5th glass. Her speaking was slurred now and she could hardly sit up straight without the cheeky, taller boy holding onto her shoulder to stop her from falling out her chair. "My life is so ed up," she concluded, resting her head on the cool counter once again, the only thing in the room that wasn't spinning. 

"You think yours ? I can't even go hook up with girls at this awesome party until my substitute barista comes!" Chanyeol whined, not even the least bit drunk but still carrying the energy and feeling of a person on drugs. Crack, to be precise. 

"By girls you mean Baekhyun?" Hye Sun joked, ignoring the feeble glare sent her way and focusing her attention on the light blush spreading on his cheeks with a smirk. "Who's your replacement, anyway?" 

"It should be Kris or Sehun-" 

"Sehun can't even hold his own liquor, why do you think he would be any good being a barista?" she interrupted, instantly perking up at the mention of the said boy's name. 

"That's exactly why he's been given the job. So he would keep away from the drinks."

She snorted. "Please, he's probably drunk on the bar outside that Baekhyun's tending to." Though snickering, her heart fell when she realised shed not seen him all night. What if he was drunk? What if he was with some girl-

"You mean drunk like you?" Chanyeol retorted, taking the glass away from her and giving it a rinse. He firmly shook his head and reminded her he didn't want to get in trouble with Luhan for getting his girlfriend completely sloshed on his birthday when she begged for one more drink. Proceeding to steer the conversation away from alcohol, Chanyeol said, "I haven't seen you interacting with Sehun for ages. Have you still not made up, yet?" 

"You don't even know half the story," she muttered into her arm, drawing circles on the counter with her finger. "Besides, he's the last thing I need in my life right now." 

"Are you sure about that?" His eyebrows arched. She sat up. The whole room was spinning again but she was kept grounded by her determination to clear all the misunderstandings. 

"Positi-"

"Because it didn't seem that way a few minutes ago," he muttered, drying the now-clean cup. Seeing the look of confusion stretch across her tired face, he continued. "Remember when you passed out for like 5 minutes? Yeah, every second of those minutes were filled with you sleep talking about Sehun and how much you loved him." A lopsided grin of amusement played on the curly haired boy's face as the hot mess' mouth dropped open. 

"Ch-Chanyeol-"

"Relax, I'm not going to tell Luhan," he averted his eyes, "that's your job." A bunch of -already drunk- girls piled onto the chairs beside Hye Sun and giggled and Chanyeol flashed them a professional smile, misreading the intention behind the small gesture. He was definitely not into people who caked make up all over their faces, wore incredibly low cut and short dresses, no matter how tall or model-like they were. In other peoples perspectives he seemed to prefer a certain, cute shortie who only reached up to around his shoulders, enjoyed wearing eyeliner and chose trousers over dresses. If you didn't get the hint; he didn't like girls. Period. 

Somewhere out of the corner of her eyes, Hye Sun could see a figure slowly swaying and wobbling on their feet towards her. Their face was straight and stretched out in an ever so familiar face. With wide eyes, she suddenly sobered up and sat up straight in her chair. She still wasn't bothered enough to shut . 

"So you're the type of drunk who confesses all her feelings and goes around saying soppy, depressing things?" Chanyeol said one last time, the timbre of his voice dropping down another octave -as if that wasn't even possible- when he saw the same person who had stolen Hye Sun's attention. With a roll of his eyes, he silently walked away, ready to tend to the other guests. His job here was done. 

Light blonde locks, sharp features and tired brown eyes looked down at her, all coming together to result in one beautiful face. Opening and closing it repeatedly, the only word Hye Sun managed to get out was, 

"Sehun-"

"I love you," he whispered breathlessly, cutting her off. Hye Sun's eyes widened to unbelievable sizes. The next few seconds flew passed in the blink of an eye, as if making up for lost time.

She wondered if he was drunk because of the light flush on his cheeks as she scanned her eyes across his face. But found herself praying to God that he wasn't. But then again, if he wasn't he probably wouldn't have found the courage to crash his lips against hers. 

Automatically, her hands flew up and locked around his neck and started running her fingers through his silky hair. This time she wasn't kissing him back just because she was afraid of hurting him if she was the one to pull away first, which was clearly conveyed by the way she moulded her lips against his. Leaning into him as his hands rested on the small of her back, pulling her in -as if that was even possible. And when he smiled against her lips she truly felt the fireworks going off everywhere, her heart matching the pace of his as little sparks of everything ignited in her body again. 

Nothing had ever felt so right. 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote ^^