Perspective

Meant It and Mean it

Though he was walking aimlessly under the same moon and sky where he had -not so long ago- held the girl of his dreams in his arms lovingly, Sehun could not have seemed more depressed.

He sighed, creating -what Hye Sun would have called it- little clouds that were escaping from his mouth into the air, caused by his breath.

He sat down on an empty bus stop, not even waiting for the bus, but waiting for the right state of mind to come back to him. He rested his head against the glass, letting them collide painfully fast. He didn't care. It could hardly amount to the pain his heart was in right now.

You may all think that there's no reason to even feel sorry for a like him, but everyone has reasons and sometimes you just have to stop and listen to them without judging. With another heaving sigh, Sehun closed his eyes and let the previous events run through his mind like a movie. One that was etched into his mind in regret and highlighted with sorrow.

*flashback*

This was wrong. It was all so wrong. This was not how things were meant to happen.

Hiding in the shadows, a tall, blonde haired boy's eyes were fixated on a certain couple. He was in front of a house he knew so well. He'd followed the path and pattern of footsteps he'd used so many times before. He knew every step off by heart to this house, wherever he was he'd be able to get here in the end. 

Nothing could keep him away from the doorstep where a single girl -who could drive him crazy with just one smile- would press herself against his chest and wash away all his problems. But watching that girl with someone else made his heart ache so badly he would have called it heartburn if he didn't know any better.

In his mind, no one else was allowed to be by her side. No one else was allowed to walk with her under the light of the moon, slowly just because they wanted to spend longer with her. No one else was allowed to hold her hand tightly. And certainly, no one else was allowed to make her smile up at them so lovingly. Selfishly, he didn't want anyone else -especially the one she was with right now- to fill his space in her heart.

Sehun had merely been walking past Hye Sun's house but the scene he saw made him unable to move away.

The sickly smile the older male flashed her, after the slight brushing of lips against forehead unfolded, made Sehun tighten his hands into tight balls, his nails digging into his soft skin.

Watching Luhan walk away and having Hye Sun stare after him only made him more agitated. He didn't want this. He wanted Hye Sun by his side.

Luhan shouldn't have a role in this story.

Longingly looking at Hye Sun, he takes a step out of the shadows and makes a beeline towards her. As soon as she turned around and softly muttered his hand; Sehun couldn't control himself any longer.

6 years of keeping this feeling in caused this.

Without a moments hesitation or batting an eyelash, he crashed his lips against her. He let out a breath of relief when the contact happened; never had he felt so content.

Sehun's heart skipped beats and time seemed to have stopped when he could feel the girl start to kiss back. And that was that. He lost control and let all his feelings flow, like water breaking down a dam.

'What are you doing, Sehun?' his head said, but he paid no attention. His heart was somewhere else. His heart was begging her. 'Don't be with Luhan. Be with me. Stay with me. I won't hurt you anymore.'

But the last sentence made him think.

Before his arms could come up and engulf her petite figure, a sudden loud, crashing sound came from behind them. It was like being slapped in the face with reality. As quick as they'd made contact, he pulled away and jumped back, averting his eyes and staring at the ground.

'What have I done?'

Along with the reality he was hit with guilt and the feeling of karma -that Yuhan had recently lectured him about- weighing down on his shoulders.

He had done nothing but hurt her. Even if he promised he wouldn't anymore, wouldn't those just be counted as empty promises with no actual meaning? He didn't want to hurt her. He never had. But he already had. What's to say he wouldn't do it again, even by accident? He didn't want to make her cry.

Neither of them bothered to look in the direction of where the sound had come from, too busy with stealing glances of the other and averting eyes again. Neither of them knew what to say. What was there to say?

What was that about?” Hye Sun asked, her voice was shaking slightly. Though she tried to act nonchalant, Sehun could always see through her act.

'I love you. That's why.'

I know you like me.” Sometimes he just wanted to slap himself, but he knew this is what he needed to do. He couldn't risk making her cry anymore.

Wait, what?” Her voice was just above a whisper, so dangerously quiet that he was sure she would either burst into tears or wring his neck.

You heard me,” her glassy eyes widened at his harsh words, “I know you like me, so I kissed you because I wanted to make you feel happy.”

Sehun took the hit like it was nothing, but they both knew she hit like any other guy. She was no dainty girl.

You're such a jerk! I'm losing my ing mind because of you, do you have any idea how much you've hurt me?” the fact that she'd said it herself made him feel so much more guilt stricken than when just Yuhan had told him. “And what even more is that you didn't notice!”

'I noticed. I knew everything. I just couldn't say anything because...I'm an idiot.'

Tears were now freely flowing, but he couldn't bring himself to stop. He wanted to wipe her tears away, hug her petite frame in his arms, pat her hair and gently apologise and tell her everything was fake. But he carried on.

If I'd hurt you why not just tell me instead of running around like a little damsel in distress? How would I ever know you're hurt? You obviously didn't care enough about it to sort it out,” his eyes narrowed, “you're just blowing things out of proportion again.”

No!” she exclaimed, shaking her head so fast that tears fell quicker and sobbed harder, “If I didn't care I wouldn't have stuck around this long. But you're just not worth it anymore.”

And with those final words, she spun around and stormed into her house, not caring about the weird looks she received from her parents, too busy running to her bedroom.

'That's right. Walk away. You'll only get hurt when you're around me, Hye Sun ah. Please don't keep coming back to me. I don't want to hurt you, we can't be together. You need to be happy.'

*flashback end*

'Hye Sun,' he thought, holding onto the last syllable of her name in his mind, 'shouldn't be with a guy like me.'

He knew that Luhan was anything but a jerk. He knew that Luhan was a complete gentleman. And he knew Luhan cared too much for her to even think about hurting her.

'It seems like he makes her happy, happier than I ever could have made her and if she's starting to fall for him who'd blame her? She deserves to be happy...Even if it means me walking out her life.'

A/N- Dun dun duuuuuuunnnnnn lol ^^ hope some of you hate Sehun less now...or maybe you hate him more...? Hahaha. 

Please comment, subscribe and vote ^^

 

btw, any of you watched Heirs yet? I LOVE PARK SHIN HYEEEE <3