Late

Meant It and Mean it

Sehun sat at the edge of the bed after slipping his boxers back. Pale, gangly legs dangled off the bed, greeted by the cold morning breeze drifting in through the open window. His gaze rested on the beautiful girl sleeping peacefully next to him, the whiteness of the sheets contrasting her black hair. She looked like an angel. 

Oblivious to his own actions, his hand wandered towards her and linger just above her forehead. With a bitter smile he balled them into fists and reluctantly drew his hand back. Before he was to unconsciously do something again, Sehun hopped off the bed.

He felt a knot in his stomach, a feeling that seemed to the be the mix of disgust and guilt. He felt terrible. He didn't even know whose room they were currently in and silently begged the owner for forgiveness regarding all the disgusting things they did whilst rolling around in the sheets.

'No one would ever know...' he tried to explain to himself. But he knew it would not change the way he felt. Letting his gaze drop to the floor, he saw the remains of last night captivated in the clothes sprawled carelessly across the carpet and stains on the bed covers. Let's not forget about the girl who he'd woken up next to this morning.

Yesterday should have been considered a mistake. But it was -in the most twisted way- a cherished memory to Sehun. 

A sad sigh escaped his lips as thoughts of the heated night returned to him.

-

He'd laid her down gently on the bed, only to met by a fury of needy kisses. Every touch made a bit of his self control wear away.

“I love you,” he'd confessed for the second time that night when their bodies collided together. He wasn't expecting a reply as much as he wasn't expecting the words to leave his mouth. He blamed the slip of the tongue and the rest of their actions on their drunken states and decided to think no more of it.

“Me too...” she whispered, pulling him closer. His heart did a giant leap in her heart. That would be the only thing he didn't want to blame the alcohol on.

The rest of the night consisted of sinful moans and the loud creaking of the bed.

-

“Se-Sehun?” a croaky voice called from behind him, who had decided to turn away from the bed so he could finish changing back into his clothes. When hearing the voice, his entire body froze and the tee shirt in his hands almost tumbled to the floor. He inhaled deeply and turned to face the girl, who was half asleep but slowly beginning to grasp the situation.

“Hey,” he said with an airy voice, a pathetic smile on his face trying to make the scene less awkward than it was. Which didn't really go according to plan.

“Wh-What...?” Hye Sun struggled to find words as her eyes flicked around the room, noting the way he shifted awkwardly from foot to foot, that she was in a bed, that both their clothes were still scattered around and that he was shirtless. Her hands clutched the duvet closer in an futile attempt to cover her body -which seemed pointless, he'd obviously seen everything last night- as she sat up. “Don't tell me-”

“Hye Sun-”

“No!” she exclaimed, burying her head into her hands. “We couldn't have.”

He honestly didn't expect that kind of reaction. But then again, he wasn't anticipating a warm smile and a kiss either.

“How could I have...?” she carried on murmuring incoherent words to herself. Sehun noted the way she frantically shook her head.

He had an urge to ask why she was so horrified. Sure, it seemed wrong to have done it even if they drunk, but it could all have been a lot worse. He loved her and she loved him back. What was so wrong with it?

“Luhan...” was the only word he picked up on while he was thinking to himself. And that was when he'd gotten his answer.

Just because of two syllables his whole world seemed to crash down. All the hopes that maybe they could be together, maybe she could come to him and leave the said man behind were out the window. She belonged to Luhan. He was too late. He had always been late.

“Sehun...” Hye Sun's voice was soft and sweet to his ears, savouring the way she called his name because she hadn't done it in a long time. “We can't let anyone know about this.”

“It's not like I was just planning to go around informing everyone,” the boy tried to joke but nothing could have lightened the heavy atmosphere. The tears blurring in his eyes gave him away.

“Sehun,” she called him again, the look in her eyes changing. “Be serious.” Hye Sun motioned for him to turn around again, which he obliged to. She reached for her clothes and underwear from last night and quickly threw them on.

“We have to forget this night ever happened,” her voice was as firm as her grip on the zipper of her dress and her mind was as stubborn as the zip which refused to go up. “'s sake.”

His small smile was hidden by the way his gaze fell on the floor while he slowly walked over to help her.

“What if I don't want to forget?” he asked, disguising his seriousness with a teasing tone. A shiver ran down the girl's spine when his hand brushed against her back and he didn't ignore it. At least he knew what he could do to her. He just wished it was something Luhan couldn't do.

“You have to,” she pressed on, moving away as soon as the job was done. Her eyes were cold as they looked into his. “It was all a mistake. We were drunk. That night meant noth-”

“Don't say that,” he hated how his voice almost sounded like he was pleading her. “Did you not hear yourself last night?” This time he really couldn't hold himself back, grabbing her hand and feeling the sparks course through his body just like last night. As much as Hye Sun would have liked to have thought she'd fooled him with her nonchalant charade, she really hadn't. “You told me you loved me.”

“I was drunk,” she reminded him harshly, but didn't move her hand away.

“A drunk person's words are a sober person's thoughts.” Without even waiting for her next retort, Sehun brought her closer, holding her flushed against his body. He had figured out by now the feelings she held for him, as if it wasn't already obvious by the heated atmosphere and the way she didn't resist his touches.

She leant into him but wouldn't meet his eyes. Instead, her gaze rested on his collarbone, which was visible considering the fact that he was still shirtless. Her eyes harboured the feeling of guilt.

“I have a boyfriend, Sehun ah...”

'So even now she's choosing him over me?'

Slowly, yet reluctantly, Sehun took a step back and pulled away from their embrace. Hurt was evident in his entire expression. 

“I'm sorry...” she muttered, resisting the urge to rush back into his arms and savour his warmth. The words that tumbled from her lips were somewhat force but nevertheless her real feelings. “I really like him...he's an amazing guy...”

“And all I ever did was hurt you,” Sehun finished for her.

“I didn't say that-”

“But I already know it,” the most bitterest of smiles ghosted on his lips. “You deserve better. I hope you're happy together.” His heart was breaking at the seams, just like the remains of their relationship he was trying to save. He had been the one to cut himself out the picture while she tried ever so hard to keep it as a whole, he was the one who let their friendship slowly fade into gray while she continued to be the only source of colour. It was his fault they fell apart; so it's his reponsibility to fix them. 

“But-”

“But this time, don't leave me out of your life.”

"Se-"

Footsteps could be heard outside the door and a familiar, heart pounding voice became more audible the closer the people came.

“Hye Sun?”

“Luhan?” she called almost automatically, leaving the previous name unsaid and lingering in the air. A surprised sound could be heard from outside, followed by the twisting of the handle. Both teenagers' eyes nearly popped out their heads. 

Hye Sun rushed to the door and kept it shut with her body weight.

“Wait!” Her hands moved around frantically, flapping around as she tried to shoo him into the en-suite over the loud protests of Luhan. But Sehun had other plans. As quickly as possible, he took two big strides towards her.

“You can't blank me out like last time, we can at least be friends,” he whispered in the most y, hushed voice possible. “But at least let me do this one last time,” and he softly pressed his lips against hers. 

It tasted like coffee mixed with a whole lot of sugar, though he'd not consumed anything since he'd woken up. Bittersweet. Just a little more bitter than it was sweet but heartbreaking nonetheless.

He retreated behind the door leading to the mini-bathroom just as the girl moved out the way and opened the door to reveal the tall, blonde Chinese boy who engulfed her into a hug. He took one last glance at her before leaning his back against the door and sliding to the floor, as if turning his back on what he had just willingly given up. 

“I'm so sorry I didn't come back,” Luhan's voice just didn't seem to have the same effect on her, “I got drunk last night, got knocked out and only woke up like half an hour ago.”

'At least you weren't with someone else...'

“Are you ok?” Luhan asked, his eyes searching for hers, which were focused on the shut en-suite door behind them.

“I'm fine,” she replied absently, her back turned towards him. Yet another smile to cover up yet another lie. Forcing herself to tear her eyes off where Sehun was currently hiding, she turned to her neglected boyfriend.

“Lets go get breakfast, then I'll drive you home," he offered, mistaking her the feeling of distance between them as her fatigue. 

“Sure.” Unable to help herself, she entwined their fingers together and closed the door of the room, which would confine the secrets of last night, behind them. 

 

A/N- Finished the first story rather abruptly but it will continue with a whole new plotline in the sequel ^^ I'm excited!!! Will edit later...

 

Please comment and upvote <3