Chanyeol

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: Stalker

Gender: Cute; Happy; 

Created: 22/7/2013

Finished: 22/7/2013

Length: 3 and 1/4 A4 pages; 1891 words.

Prologue

Chanyeol, a high school student has a secret crush on a shop worker of the city mall. He goes once or twice a week to the store to only see her. That's when he decides to take a step forward and make his feelings known.

Characters

Main:

Park Chanyeol

Jung Ah (fictional)

 

Additional:

Byun Baekhyun

Kim Jong In (a.k.a Kai)

Kim Joonmyun (a.k.a Suho)

Do Kyungsoo (a.k.a D.O)

Yu Ri (fictional)

 

Credits to mafalda for the poster - OMG it's so cute and you even did it as a gif *.* Ty. 


Stalker

School had ended for the day and Chanyeol and his friends were exiting the school, finally relieved.

“Chanyeol are you going with us? We’re going to play basketball,” Kai asked as the others talked together.

Chanyeol shook his head refusing the tempting offer “Nah. You go. I have …” he had to think of an excuse “Somewhere to go,” he scratched the back of his neck, afraid that his friends would make more questions about it.

“Oh okay then,” Kai shrugged it off as it wasn’t anything of his business.

“Have fun guys,” Chanyeol waved at them and walked in the opposite direction as his friends.

“Chanyeol had been a bit further from us lately,” Sehun pointed out with a frown as the others agreed with nodding heads.

“Maybe he got a girl,” Joonmyun casually remarked.

“No way. If he had a girl already, he would have told us,” Baekhyun abandoned that idea, as he was sure that Chanyeol would really tell, at least to him, if he had someone on his mind.

“You don’t know Baek. You don’t know,” Kyungsoo patted Baekhyun’s back as he followed the others.

Chanyeol had taken the bus to the city mall. It was already a habit to go there, as he had been visiting the mall pretty much in the last few weeks. He wouldn’t go to the mall to shop around or to spend time, but to go to a specific shop. Sometimes he wouldn’t even buy anything as his parents would scold him if he did buy something every time he went there.

He arrived at the mall and made his way to the second floor. Determined to only enter in that store Chanyeol finally reached his destination. He stopped by the shop window and scanned the store. His eyes searched for her.

There were three workers in the store working at the moment: two girls and one guy. Somehow Chanyeol felt jealousy towards the guy. He had the chance to see Chanyeol’s crush almost every day and would talk to her, while Chanyeol didn’t have the courage to do so.

When he finally found her, a smile spread on his face. He had caught a glimpse of the skinny, nice and bright girl he had been crushing on. Today she had her light brown hair tied in a bun, a messy bun. It made her cuter.

He was debating with himself on whether he should really go in or stay there watching her work, like he always liked to do. He had visited the store that week though. He bit his bottom lip and nodded in encouragement. He closed his hand into a fist and cheered.

“Fighting,” he sighed and entered in the store.

He slowly walked around calmly looking at the available clothes, glancing at her from time to time. Whenever he saw her smile his heart quickened its pace and sometimes it even made him hard to breathe. Whenever he bought something, he would always request for her to be the worker attending him. He liked the way she treated the costumers. She was always so kind and helpful. There were rumors that she was the best worker, at least in the second floor.

Those more or less fifteen minutes he was in there were always worth the time he wasn’t with his friends. He’d rather see her just for a minute or two than going to play video games at Baekhyun’s house.

Without even noticing he had already checked every single article in the man’s section and it seemed that only seconds had passed. Disappointed he sighed and started making his way out of the store. He had seen her for that day anyway.

However, the other worker saw him. She had already noticed Chanyeol’s regular visits and knew he had some kind of crush in her co-worker as he always asked to be her attending him.

She made her way towards her co-worker and poked her arm “Your stalker came here today,” the black haired girl told Jung Ah.

“What stalker?” The other asked, oblivious of what Yu Ri was saying.

“What stalker?! The one who comes once or twice a week just to see you,” Yu Ri pointed out as it was too obvious, while rolling her eyes.

“Oh, don’t call him a stalker. I actually think it’s pretty sweet,” Jung Ah smiled and tidied a shirt some costumer had took out of its place.

Yu Ri raised an eyebrow “Really? Tsk, I would have already kicked his . I don’t like stalkers. They’re creepy,” Jung Ah laughed at her friend and co-worker’s statement.

The conversation ended there as Jung Ah didn’t reply and Yu Ri didn’t go further with the matter either.

Chanyeol reached home and went straight to his room. He wanted to have the courage to speak to her without being just in a costumer-worker manner. He threw his backpack carelessly away to the floor and threw himself to his bed. He stood there watching the ceiling in deep thoughts.

I need to find more things about her, he thought determined to “spy” on her so he could have more information about her. The only thing he knew about her was her name, as he had heard the black haired worker call Jung Ah in one of the days he went there.

A week passed and Chanyeol was going to visit Jung Ah again. He exited the school gate with his friends. They would play basketball like they usually did, after school.

Chanyeol started “Well I’m going. Bye,” he hurriedly waved at them and turned the other way. However Baekhyun wouldn’t let go his friend so easily.

“Yah Park Chanyeol!” He called and ran towards him. Chanyeol stopped and turned around. “Why don’t you go with us? I don’t get why you’ve been so absent. You’ve always liked to play basketball but you had been missing almost all the meetings we have after school. Is it a girl, isn’t it?” Baekhyun was hurt that his closest friend didn’t tell him about it.

Chanyeol lowered his head. He felt bad for abandoning his friends.

“I thought we promised each other, we would tell whenever we got a girl,” Baekhyun spoke heartbrokenly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t tell you anything because I hadn’t got a girl … yet,” Chanyeol still had hope. So Baekhyun always knew it was about a girl.

“Yet?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Yes. I haven’t confessed to her yet,” Chanyeol shook his head.

Baekhyun put a hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder and sighed “Well, have courage! I hope you can introduce her to me soon. Don’t forget to tell me if you’re dating her or not. Okay?” Baekhyun supportively spoke making Chanyeol’s face light up a bit. Chanyeol nodded and Baekhyun returned to the others.

Everything went like it always did. Chanyeol got to the mall, went to the second floor and stood at the shop window for a couple of minutes before entering inside.

He was uninterestedly looking at some clothes when he caught the co-workers talking to each other.

“So Jung Ah your birthday is in two days. What are you going to do?” Yu Ri asked her. “Well, I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just go out with my closest friends. Having a girls’ night out,” she shrugged.

Her birthday is in two days? I must buy her something. Until now there’s no hint of a boyfriend. That’s good, Chanyeol thought as he kept on listening to the girls’ conversation.

A few minutes later Jung Ah was searching for clothes out of their places to tidy and found one that caught her eye.

“Ah this one is so pretty,” Jung Ah grabbed the t-shirt as she spoke to her own buttons and took it to its place whishing she could buy it. Chanyeol, who had his eyes on her every second, had found the perfect gift he would give her.

The next day Chanyeol went to the store again. He went to the girl’s section and looked for the shirt Jung Ah had touched the other day. When he finally found it he took it with him and made his way to pay for it. At the balcony was Yu Ri. As soon as he got there she spoke.

“I’m going to call her,” she said as she presumed he wanted Jung Ah to attend him, but Chanyeol stopped her right away.

“No, no, no. Y-you don’t need to,” he uncomfortably scratched the back of his neck. Yu Ri blinked at him, surprised that he didn’t want her to call Jung Ah.

“Could you gift-warp it, please?” Chanyeol requested. She suspiciously eyed him but nodded. After he had paid for Jung Ah’s present he felt with another idea on his mind.

Once he was finally in his room, he sat on his desk with papers in front of him as he hit with a pen in his chin.

“Dear Jung Ah, I’ve been keeping an eye on you for the latest weeks. I’ve collected much information about you but I’m not pleased with what I found. I want to know more,” Chanyeol shook his head in disapproval, “Ah no, no, no, no. This is a big step to a slap on your face!” Chanyeol crumpled the white paper he had started writing on and threw it to the trash bin.

After a lot of thinking and a lot of wasted white papers, Chanyeol wrote the perfect confession letter for Jung Ah. Pleased with what he had written, he put it in an envelope and put it above the gift. With a smile on his face he went to bed.

Finally it was the D-Day. Chanyeol had told Baekhyun what he had planned to do and being the supportive friend he was, Baekhyun cheered for him. He hadn’t even exited the school’s gate and had already butterflies in his stomach.

“Good luck!” His friends cheered for him (since Baekhyun had made sure to tell everyone about it) and feeling confident, Chanyeol left to the mall.

He arrived there and took a deep breath before entering in the store. It’s now or never Chanyeol. Be a man!, he coolly walked in as he kept his eyes on Jung Ah, as she was chatting with Yu Ro in the balcony.

Yu Ri noticed Chanyeol and warned her friend “Here’s your stalker,” she whispered and left so the two could have more privacy. Jung Ah turned around and faced Chanyeol.

“Hum, happy birthday,” Chanyeol stretched his arms with her gift in his hands. She blinked a few times.

“H-how did you know that today’s my birthday?” Jung Ah asked surprised.

“I heard about it unintentionally,” Chanyeol lowered his head ashamed. “Please take it,” he moved the girt a bit forward.

“Hum, thank you,” she smiled at him, making him more comfortable.

“I was thinking if you would like to … have a drink someday. I don’t know. You probably have a boyfriend,” Chanyeol avoided her eyes as he shyly asked her out.

She chuckled and answered, “I would love to,”

At her answer Chanyeol turned to her “What? D-Do you accept it?” He still couldn’t believe it.

She nodded. His face brightened up right away and he hugged her with all the excitement he had. “Thank you. You won’t regret it,” Chanyeol left the store happier than ever.

“Yes!” He threw his fists in the air and happily returned home, not thinking in anything else but Jung Ah.


Weak, so weak ... is what I've got to say. *Sigh* I planned it more funny, but it ended in a failed attempt. Anyways, too excited for the next one-shot though. I still hope you liked this one. :)

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote. ^^

Chu~/ XOXO