Lay

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: The Cupcakes Of Love

Gender: Romance; Cute; Happy

Created: 17/7/2013

Finished: 17/7/2013

Length: 3 and half A4 pages; 2063 words.

Prologue

Yi Xing, an exchange student has problems with a new project for college and decides to call his partner, Suho, for help. They agree on working together in Suho's house. After Yi Xing walked to his partner's house, he finds out that Suho is not at home, as the one who answers the door is his sister, Yi Xing's crush. Although he gets nervous around her, he begins to get comfortable with her as he waits for Suho to come home. In the end, working on the project was funnier than what Yi Xing had expected.

Characters

Main:

Zhang Yi Xing (a.k.a Lay)

Kim Jin Na (fictional)

Additional:

Kim Joonmyun (a.k.a Suho)

 

Credits to mafalda for the poster - beautiful as always. Thanks sweetheart. 
Thank you to  ` l u n a c y ✶ review&layouts; shop for reviewing my one-shot. Thanks a lot! :D

The Cupcakes Of Love

Yi Xing sighed as the newest school project he had been given was getting on his nerves. “How am I supposed to create a romantic story? This isn’t even my style!”, he protested and threw his hands in the air in despair.

He liked to write about unicorns and fantasy stories. Apart from that he also liked to compose, but composing a romantic song wasn’t the same as writing a story. Thank god he had been paired up with Suho. Suho was the type of guy who would read at least 2 books a month. He enjoyed reading, so for him was easier to write than for Yi Xing. He also had very good marks and was very polite and considerate, so it made him a great model student.

Yi Xing was Chinese. He was only in Korea because of an exchange student’s program to which he applied along with Luhan, his closest Chinese friend. He had been in Korea for almost 5 years now, so he had a pretty decent Korean.

“I can’t do this alone.”, he said and grabbed his phone. He searched for Suho’s contact on his contact list and pressed the green button. He waited for the other to pick up and spoke, “Hey.”, he greeted. “Hey. How are you doing?”, Suho asked. “Crazy. This project is driving me nuts. I can’t do this. I need your help, besides you’re my partner.”, Yi Xing went straight to the point. “Why? Having problems with inspiration and creativity?”, Suho questioned. “Yes a lot.”, Yi Xing answered and heard Suho chuckling in the other side, “Okay. Come to my house and we’ll do the project together.”, he said, “Your house?”, Yi Xing widened, “Yes my house. Why? You don’t want to do it in my house? Then I’ll go to yours.”, Suho found another place where they could work together. Yi Xing glanced around at his messy apartment that he shared with Luhan. “No, no. I’ll go there instead.”, he decided to go to Suho’s house.

Yi Xing was hesitant on going there. It had been a while since he had a crush on Suho’s sister, Kim Jin Na. He just wished that she wouldn’t be at home, or else he would get nervous around her and end up humiliating himself.

He started packing his backpack with the notebooks and papers and left the apartment.

After taking a bus ride of 15 minutes he finally arrived at Suho’s neighborhood. He walked down the street and reached his destination. He stopped in front of the other’s house and took a deep breath as he closed his eyes. *Calm down Yi Xing. She won’t be at home, so no need to worry.*, he tried to convince himself that he wouldn’t encounter Jin Na and nodded in encouragement.

He walked to the door and rang the bell. He casually put his hands in his pockets and waited for someone (hopefully Suho) to open the door.

He turned his back to the door as he waited, when finally someone answered the door. He turned back again, so he could face the person and his eyes widened. He became unable to speak. “Yi Xing! What a surprise to see you here. Are you looking for my brother?”, she asked with a bright smile.

Yi Xing gulped and nodded awkwardly. “Oh I’m sorry but he’s not at home. He went to the grocery shop. I asked him to buy me some things I needed.”, she humbly smiled. “Oh …”, it was all that could escape his mouth. *Why the hell did he have to leave now? Seriously?*.

“Hum, but you can wait inside. He’s not taking long though.”, she gestured him to enter. He tried to not meet her gaze and entered, feeling nervous as heck.

“Do you want anything to eat, drink?”, she modestly asked. He just shook his head, refusing her offer. “Well you can sit there if you want.”, she pointed at the living room’s sofa. He didn’t know if he would refuse it or accept it. He thankfully smiled and went to sit in the sofa.

She went to the kitchen leaving him alone in the other room. He just couldn’t stop shaking his foot and he kept nervous, just by the fact that they were alone in her house. After a while she came back. “So, why are you looking for my brother?”, she asked as she took a sit in the armchair that was perpendicularly placed to the sofa. “I-I … We have a p-project together.”, he uneasily answered as he felt she was too close to him, even though she wasn’t even in the same sofa as him.

She nodded in understanding, “Oh I see. Well, I don’t know if you want, probably not but, want to help me baking some cupcakes?”, she shyly asked. He blinked at her. “I know that baking is not something guys appreciate that much but, a helper hand would be great.”, she looked at the ground, feeling a bit uncomfortable to be asking those favors. Yi Xing scratched the back of his neck. How could he refuse her? It would look bad. It wasn’t that he knew how to bake, unfortunately he didn’t know anything at all about baking, but he just wanted to help her.

“No, I don’t mind helping you.”, he replied accepting to help her with the cupcakes. “Really? You’ll really help me? Thank you Yi Xing! I’ll make sure to bake a special one for you.”, she ecstatically got up and thanked him.

They headed to the kitchen and Jin Na started by telling him to wash his hands and gave him an apron, so he wouldn’t dirty his clothes. She had almost everything prepared to bake the cupcakes. “Well, first we need to join all the ingredients in this bowl. Could you give me the ingredients I’ll tell you?”, she turned to him. He nodded and she began asking for each ingredient, “Flour.”, she asked. At her request Yi Xing became confused. There were two different types of flour above the table. As he was taking long to give her what she had requested, she looked up and saw a confused Yi Xing.

She chuckled and spoke, “The right one.”, she said and he grabbed it right away. He was about to give her the flour when he clumsily spread it on the floor. Surprised, he bent down to collect it right away. She saw all the flour spread on the floor and also bent down.

She glanced at him and noticed how stiff and nervous his was for spreading the flour. She picked a bit and blew it to him. At her action, he closed his eyes so it wouldn't go to them and then looked at her. She playfully smiled, “Mr. Yi Xing snowman”, she called him. 

He smiled at the nickname and prepared himself to blow some flour at her too. She noticed what he was about to do and got up right away. He collected a bit in his hand and chased after her. She giggled as she ran away from the Mr. Yi Xing Snowman and he found himself smiling brightly as they played around.

“Alright, we have to stop. We need to continue with the baking, or else I won’t have any cupcakes ready before Suho arrives.”, Jin Na decided to “do a break” and continued with mixing all the ingredients (with an extra cartoon of flour she had).

“Okay now, we’ll just have to fill the forms.”, she spoke as she carefully with a spoon, put a bit of dough in each form. Yi Xing watched attentively. When done, she put the forms in the oven, which she had a few minutes before.

They both looked inside the oven from the glass part it had and she looked at him, “Now, we’ll just have to wait for about 15 to 20 minutes.”, Jin Na smiled and went to put the chronometer with the alarm so she wouldn’t forget the cupcakes in the oven.

“As it bakes, let’s do the cream.”, she went to get another big bowl, in which she would do the cream. Just like for the dough Yi Xing helped her with the ingredients and once the cream was finished she tasted it. “Hum. Yummy.”, she closed her eyes as she flavored the cream. Suddenly, with her finger she put some cream in Yi Xing’s nose. She laughed again. Not expecting that he would do the same, she stopped laughing when she felt his finger on her cheek too.

“Oh no you didn’t.”, she started chasing him around the balcony with some cream on her hands. As they were playing around they didn’t even noticed the mess they were doing. There was flour spread all over and themselves had flour in their hair and cream in their faces.

Bit by bit, Yi Xing got more comfortable around her, to the point that he even wrapped his arms around her so he could put the cream on her face.

Meanwhile, Suho came back from the grocery shop, as Jin Na and Yi Xing were being noisy, they didn’t hear him entering inside. Suho went straight to the kitchen to give his sister the things she had asked him for. When he stepped inside the kitchen he widened. “I got your-“, he glanced around and at his voice the two stopped what they were doing and looked at Suho, surprised by his sudden appearance.

“What happened in here?”, he asked still in shock with all the mess, “Yi Xing was helping me with the cupcakes.”, his sister answered. “Oh I see … with the cupcakes.”, he nodded and inside his head he knew exactly why Yi Xing had decided to help his sister.

He looked at both of them and noticed the lovely atmosphere surrounding the kitchen. To break the awkward silence the chronometer rang making Jin Na to clear . She turned it off and took out the perfect baked cupcakes from the oven.

“To finish, we just need to put the cream on them and voilà.”, she beamed as she grabbed the bowl which contained the cream. “Hum, I guess I’ll be in the living room.”, Suho made his way out of the kitchen. He had gotten the first hint about Yi Xing’s feelings towards his sister before but now, he was sure the Chinese boy felt something for her. It wasn’t that Suho minded though, actually it made him happy knowing that her sister had such a nice guy as her admirer, secret admirer.

“Well, I guess I’ll have to go.”, Yi Xing took the apron off, “Do you think you won’t need my help anymore?”, he asked to make sure she would be okay, finishing the cupcakes alone. She nodded. “Yes. You can go. Thank you for helping me.”, she sincerely looked at him. He gave her a small smile in return and left the kitchen, still with flour in his hair.

The boys were doing the project together in the living room while Jin Na finished the cupcakes. She proudly looked at them, *Without Yi Xing’s help they wouldn’t have looked so perfect.*, she smiled in content and put some in a plate. 

She took them with glasses of juice to the living room to give the boys. “Here’s a snack. I hope they're good.”, she placed the cupcakes in front of them and Suho was the first one to try them. He took a bite and flavored the cupcake. “Hum. It’s delicious.”, he praised.  “I guess You have to come more times to help my sister with cupcakes.”, Suho teased them both and they sheepishly smiled.

Yi Xing also tried the cupcake that Jin Na had personalized differently from the others, as he noticed it was the only one with an eatable heart on it. At its taste he felt satisfied that they had turned out good, since he and Jin Na had played around a lot during the process of baking the cupcakes.

At seeing the result, he wouldn’t mind helping her whenever she asked at all. “How’s it?”, she asked excitingly waiting for his reaction. “They’re the best cupcakes I’ve ever eaten.”, he said as he tried to not make eye contact. She proudly smiled, *I’ll call these the cupcakes of love.*.

 


Annyeong!!! (^.^)/ How are you? 

This time it was Lay!! YAY! Lay is such a cutie unicorn. :3 I've written it pretty quickly though. I hope you like it. :) I've been into fluffy fanfics lately. You can see it by the one-shots. XD

So, don't forget to susbcribe, comment and upvote. :) Once again, thank you for the support as I reached the 200 unique subscribers! :')

Who'll be the next memeber? *tum tum tum tum* You'll have to wait until the next update. *I rhymed O.O* LOL

Please wait patiently for the next update. ~.^

Chu~ / XOXO