Luhan (1st and 2nd part)

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: A Luhan's Production

Gender: Romance; Happy, Schoollife; Cute  

Created: 14/08/2013

Finished: 03/09/2013

Length: 14 and 2/4 A4 pages; 8 346 words.

Prologue

Lu Han and Hwa Young, students in Anyang Foreign Language High School have been best friends since they entered in the school. Now that the school year is ending, the 12th grade has an activity: camping. While enjoying the new expirience of camping with his classmates and carrying his camera around, Lu Han will realize his true feelings and will give the most unique and special birthday present to his best friend.

 

Characters

Main:

 

Lu Han

Lee Hwa Young (fictional)

 

Additional:

Song Eun Kyo (fictional)

Byun Baek Hyun

Jung Han Na (fictional)

Park Chan Yeol

Oh Se Hun

More to come ...

Credits to: mafalda - for the poster. Love it! Thanks. <3


A Luhan's Production

First Part

February just started and students all over South Korea were happy that another school year was ending. Unlike many schools around the world, in South Korea the school year began in March and it ended in February¹. Of course with almost 365 days of school students would get sick of it.

Scholars filled the entrance of the Anyang Foreign Language High School² as the first lesson was about to start. Boys and girls of 12th grade of all classes were demanded to meet up in the school’s gate.

For that specific grade it was planned a school year ending activity. Whose were in 12th grade would go on a camping trip to a camping site. The teacher grabbed her notebook and looked at the almost 50 students in front of her. Together with 3 teachers more, she would accompany those excited students in the trip.

She cleared so the boys and girls who were gathered in a semi-circle in front of the bus would hear her, but that was no use. They were too excited to be quietly waiting for any orders. “Attention please!” the homeroom teacher of Class A, also known as Chang Min Seol shouted. The loud noise quickly disappeared. Once she was sure all the eyes were on her, she began, “First of all good morning.” without showing any bit of will to greet back. the students replied in unison, “Good morning.” it didn’t affect her and so she continued, “We’re here today because your homeroom teachers planned a school year ending event for all of you. As you all know, you’re going to a camping site and will stay there for 5 days. In the camping site, you’ll have many activities to enjoy. I hope you’ll be able to build many joyfully memories along with your teachers and classmates and comeback with a brighter spirit!” she finished her speech and the students celebrated.

“Alright, alright. I and the other homeroom teacher, Oh Min Young will mark the present students know. Class A to the left and Class B to the right.” teacher Chang Min Seol ordered and all the students went to their right place. Once Class A was separated from Class B the homeroom teachers started marking the presents.

“Lee Hwa Young.” the teacher called, “Present.” a 17 year-old girl with long black hair spoke with her sweet voice. “Lu Han.” the teacher called another student, “Present.” the Chinese student, already with 18 years old marked his presence as he raised his hand so the teacher could see him.

Reaching to the last student the teacher called, “Song Eun Kyo” there was no answer. She looked at the students in front of her and called again, “Song Eun Kyo” she tried to spot the missing girl between the present students but she didn’t see her. “I’m here!” a panting voice was heard a few meters away from the school’s entrance. The teacher looked at her right and saw the girl running towards the group. “Present.” Eun Kyo marked her presence as she panted hard form the small run she had to do.

The teacher rolled her eyes and shook her head as if disapproving the girl’s late arrival. “Alarm clock?” Hwa Young asked to the girl as if the alarm clock was the reason for her to arrive late, “Yes.” Eun Kyo answered trying to slow down her breathing. “Why doesn’t your alarm clock ring on time? You’ve arrived late at school several times because your alarm clock rings later. I guess you have to buy another one.” Hwa Young chuckled as she friend.

“Okay guys let’s go. Put your bags in here and enter the bus.” Ms. Chang Min Seol ordered as she pointed to the luggage compartment of the bus. Students rushed to throw their bags to the luggage compartment so they could enter the bus before the others could, only to get the bus back seats.

The back seats were something beyond loved. All the students wanted to get the back seats, but only the cool and handsome ones, in other words the popular students would get that chance. They would make anyone who sat there move to another seat. The back seats were theirs.

In Class A there was a group, the popular group which consisted of Byun Baek Hyun, Oh Se Hun, Kim Jong In, Kim Sae Ra (Jong In’s sister) and Jung Han Na. They would always sit in the back seats whenever the class had a trip. However, they weren’t a self-centered popular group. They were pretty friendly. Lu Han and Hwa Young were their friends along with Eun Kyo, who had a quite special relationship with Baek Hyun.

The group was already sat on their usual seats when Lu Han, Hwa Young and Eun Kyo entered the bus. As usually Lu Han was carrying his camera and filming what was happening. “Lu Han here! I saved you a seat!” Se Hun spoke and patted the seat he had saved for his close friend. Lu Han sat first and next to him sat Hwa Young, his long time best friend.

Since there was no seat for Eun Kyo she had to seat in the left row, next to Lu Han’s and Hwa Young’s seats. Baek Hyun who was sat next to the window saw Eun Kyo seating alone. He turned to Han Na and pouted, “Could you switch with Eun Kyo?” Han Na looked at him in disbelief. How could he ask her such thing? “W-why?” she questioned. She didn’t want to leave her seat.

“Aish, just do it for me. Please.” he pleaded as he pouted. “Why would I do that?” Han Na was still not willing to switch seats with Eun Kyo. “I’ll tell Chan Yeol to come seat next to you.” Baek Hyun went with another strategy which actually succeeded. “Okay!” Han Na got up right away and went towards Eun Kyo, while Baek Hyun went to do his part. “Hey, hum would you mind switch seats?” Han Na smiled at the dumbfounded girl in front of her. “Switch seats?” she asked. She knew Han Na was sat next to Baek Hyun, who happened to be her crush. “You know, you two can’t really hide it. Just go seat next to him.” Han Na softened. She knew they both secretly liked each other but never had the guts to confess. Eun Kyo got up, “Thank you.” she thanked with a warm yet shy smile and went to sit in the seat where Baek Hyun had previously sat.

“Hey.” a deep and very masculine voice snapped Han Na out of her thoughts, making her look at the person who had spoken. She didn’t have to look to know who it was. “Hey.” she smiled and Chan Yeol sat next to her. Butterflies filled her stomach and shyness took over her. She sure would enjoy the trip.

Baek Hyun arrived at the bottom of the bus and noticed that Han Na had already switched seats with Eun Kyo as he recognized his crush, sitting in his seat. He didn’t mind though, as long as she would sit next to him.

He sat with a wide smile and spoke, “This is going to be the best trip ever.” Eun Kyo shyly smiled and nodded in agreement. Hwa Young who was sat in front of Baek Hyun turned around and noticed her friend sitting there. “Oh, Song Eun Kyo, you’re here?” she asked already knowing the reason for her to be there. “Yes.” the other simply answered. “You’re still in public, don’t go too far okay?” Hwa Young laughed as Eun Kyo widened and her cheeks reddened in an instant. Baek Hyun who had heard it, could feel his cheeks heating as well.

“So what do you think of this trip? What are your thoughts?” Lu Han asked his best friend as he focused his camera on her, “Hum, I think it’s going to be a great trip as I’m going on it with my closest friends and camera maniac.” she leaned in to the camera as Lu Han grinned at one of his nicknames Hwa Young had made for him.

“Here we are, ready to leave Anyang Foreign Language High School to the best trip we’ll ever have.” he raised his camera and filmed himself with Hwa Young. They both made silly faces to the camera and laughed after. 

The bus driver started the engine and drove off. At that, the students celebrated and clapped, obviously very excited for the trip.

 

Notes: ¹See this page for more information. ²Anyang Foreign Language High School is located in Anyang in Gyeonggi province, South Korea. 


Second Part

 

Time passed by and the students played around in the bus. Lu Han filmed Eun Kyo and Baek Hyun while they were sleeping with their heads leaned in each other. He would speak while filming what was happening in the bus. He turned to Se Hun who was listening to music with his eyes closed; then he focused on Jong In and Sea Ra while they were playing some game; after, the targets were Han Na and Chan Yeol who were having a nice conversation and then, for the last scene he focused on Hwa Young. She was sleeping quite uncomfortably, with her head leaned to the side as some hair covered her face.

Lu Han chuckled and spoke, “And this is Hwa Young sleeping, not caring about her image.” he gently tidied the strands of her hair behind her ear, so they wouldn’t fall over her face again. He turned the camera towards him, “Hum, I have good feeling about going camping. I think the students will share many meaningful memories and maybe some of them will get even closer and I’m referring to Eun Kyo and Baek Hyun and Han Na and Chan Yeol. I guess I’ll take a nap too. Annyeong.” he waved and turned off the camera.

After putting the camera in his backpack he leaned against the seat. He looked at Hwa Young and carefully not to wake her up, he turned her head so it could rest in his shoulder. He looked at her sleeping figure and softened. He cared about his best friend after his camera of course, but still, he had always protected her even though sometimes it would be her protecting him instead.

The trip until the camping site took more or less 2 hours and half. After they had finally arrived, the students tiredly left the bus to get their belongings. After they all had their bags and tents the homeroom teacher of Class B spoke, “We’ve finally arrived at our destination. You all have chosen your tent partners, right?” the teacher eyed the students who busily tried to find their tent partners.

Hwa Young ran towards Eun Kyo and high-fived each other. As the teachers didn’t allow a boy stay in the same tent as a girl, Hwa Young had to ditch her best friend. When all the students had found their partners the teacher continued, “Let’s go put up the tents.” the teacher lead the way and the students followed her.

There was a reserved area only for the students of the 12th grade from the Anyang Foreign Language High School, it said the board that welcomed them. “Well got set up the tents. Any doubt, just call any teacher and we’ll try to help you.” teacher Oh Min Young said and left to the other teachers.

The popular group gathered along with Chan Yeol, Lu Han, Hwa Young and Eun Kyo. “Let’s stay all together.” Baek Hyun gave his signature smile as the others agreed. “With whom did you stay?” Hwa Young asked Lu Han as she rubbed her sore neck, from sleeping uncomfortably on the bus. “Se Hun.” he shortly answered. “And the others?” she kept on questioning. “I guess Baek Hyun is staying with Chan Yeol, Han Na with Sae Ra and Jong In with Kyung Soo.” Lu Han answered as he eyed the pairs who were already trying to set up their tents. “Kyung Soo? I haven’t seen him today. Where’s he?” wrinkles formed in Hwa Young’s forehead as she got intrigued. “I heard Jong In saying that he had to visit the doctor but still would come later.” the savior to all of Hwa Young’s questions replied her.

“Hwa Young, do you know how to put this thing up? Because I don’t.” Eun Kyo interrupted them as she was messily sat above the tent. Hwa Young laughed and went to help her. “See you around then.” Lu Han waved and went to help Se Hun with his tent.

Finally all the tents had been set up and now, the students were gathered in front of the teacher’s tents. Orders and speeches would be held. “I’ll start with the rules first. One: never leave the camping site, unless you’re permitted to do so. Two: Boys are not allowed to go to girls tents and vice-versa, if I do ever find out you switch tents, you’ll receive a punishment. Three: You have to respect the curfew time and the waking up time. Four: Enjoy this experience.”. After all the speech time was done, it was time for some fun.

The first activity of the day was: paintball. First, Class A and Class b would split into two teams and all the teams would play against each other. In Class A the team A consisted in Hwa Young, Eun Kyo, Se Hun, Jong In, Kyung Soo (who had already arrived) and some other students; the team B consisted in Lu Han, Baek Hyun, Chan Yeol, Han Na and Sae Ra as well as some other students.

They all got their equipment and went to their respective sides. The team that would catch the opposite team’s flag and kill the captain, whose task was to guard the flag first, would win. Team A’s captain was Kyung Soo since he preferred to guard the flag instead of going to kills the others in the field. Team B’s captain was Jung Ho, the weakest member of the team.

The battle started.

Both Teams cautiously advanced. Once they were close enough, shots were heard. *I’m going to get you camera maniac.* Hwa Young thought as she fiercely ran from tree to tree. She spotted a distracted team B player and didn’t hesitate on shooting on him. *Less one* she proudly smiled and waited for more to appear.

Lu Han was cautiously looking for Hwa Young. He preferred to be on her team to protect her, but in this way he could have fun too. Chan Yeol was always by Han Na’s side and had already killed two, of the opposite team who tried to kill her. Love pairings were made already.

Baek Hyun mentally demanded to himself that he would not kill Eun Kyo. He would kill all the others first and then try to grab the flag, not killing Eun Kyo in the process. Sae Ra had in mind trying to kill her brother. However, she didn’t think she would be able to do it as her brother was a great player. Se Hun teamed up with Jong In in order to kill the opponents faster and that was how the students had set their goals for the game.

“Hwa Young!” Eun Kyo desperately called for her friend and she was unprotected. At hearing her, someone of team B tried to shoot on her but failed. At that Eun Kyo quickly laid down on the floor so the opponent couldn’t shoot her. Hwa Young, who was close, pointed the crosshair right to the one who was trying to kill Eun Kyo and with only one shot she killed the boy. “Come here quickly.” Hwa Young waved at Eun Kyo and the inexperienced one ran towards her friend.

“Are you crazy? You could have been killed!” Hwa Young whispered at her friend as if it was real war or something. “I’m sorry. You know I’m not good at these things.” Eun Kyo apologetically lowered her gaze to the floor. “Where’s your gun?” Hwa Young asked as she didn’t see the other’s gun. “Oh no. I left it there.” Eun Kyo pointed at the place where she had laid down.

Hwa Young rolled her eyes. She took a deep breath and ran as fast as she could to grab the gun. Unluckily Lu Han was close and had noticed her. He quickly recognized her. *I’ve got you.* He pointed his gun at her and shot once, but failed. Alarmed Hwa Young spotted Lu Han and shot back at him but failed too, only for mere centimeters.

“Take it!” Hwa Young threw the gun at Eun Kyo and another shot was heard. “Hwa Young!” Eun Kyo screamed as she saw a yellow color on Hwa Young’s equipment. Lu Han had shot again. However this time he didn’t fail. He had never imagined himself “killing” someone, specially the person he cared the most. He didn’t feel happy one bit. *I’m sorry.* he apologized her mentally.

Right then Eun Kyo came out from behind the tree and screamed. “Ahhhh” she shot several times at Lu Han ending up succeeding on killing him. Hwa Young pressed the button in her equipment, which told the instructors who was dead and who wasn’t and looked at her friend, surprised by her action. “Then it’s how it would be if this was real. You would take revenge on my death. Well done Song Eun Kyo.” Hwa Young prized her friend and they both laughed.

Hwa Young got up from the ground and walked towards Lu Han. “I could have killed you.” she looked at him, pretending to be slightly mad about it. “But you didn’t. Admit it, I’m better than you.” he with a smirk on his face. She rolled her eyes and made some faces. He laughed at her child-like personality and followed her towards the place where the dead ones would have to go.

 


Hello! I'm back with another one-shot! I would ask you if you realized which pair would have the spotlight but since I said it in the "foreword" I guess there's no use. I made it a bit confusing in this first part didn't I? Well this is only the beggining! I have a feeling this one-shot will be veeeeeery long. 

Let's see ... which pairings did I do? Lu Han&Hwa Young; Baek Hyun&Eun Kyo; Han Na&Chan Yeol WOW three pairings :O

I've decided to join the first and second part in one chapter only.

Don't forget to susbcribecomment and upvote! :D

Chu~/ XOXO