D.O

EXO One-Shot Collection

Title: Case Closed

Gender: Violence; Romance; Angst;  Piece of life;

Created: 23/12/2013

Finished: 23/12/2013

Length: 5 A4 pages; 2263 words;

Prologue

Na Ram runs away from home, as her father beat her and her mother every day. Being a witness of the happening, Kyungsoo, who doesn't know the girl, isn't able to do something about it.

However, later they meet and Kyungsoo is given a second chance to do something. 

After being denunciated by his daughter, the man is sentenced to life imprisonment and the case is closed.

 

Characters

Main:

Do Kyungsoo

Na Ram (fictional)

 

Additional:

---

 

Credits to: ☁ Cloudy Dream — poster request shop for the wonderful poster. <3 Ty. :)

Quick Note: Listen to Little Mix - Case Closed // This one-shot was inspired by it. Ty. 


Case Closed

It was almost closing time and as winter was approaching, days were getting shorter. The clock hands pointed to ten o’clock. The day’s dark night was quite scary. It was raining; the flash of the lightning made it seem like a horror movie and so did the frequent thundering.

Kyungsoo was the one assigned to close the coffee shop that night. He had just finished washing the floor and was ready to grab his belongings and leave. He was making his way towards his locker when the lights suddenly turned off.

“Damn it!” He hissed.

With the constant thundering and lightning the area suffered a blackout. Even the street lights were off.

The boy sighed and tried to walk cautiously towards his locker, while groping the things around in the coffee shop’s darkness. Another lightning followed by a strong thunder occurred and Kyungsoo was able to see where he was standing and quickly memorized the way towards his locker. He gave only a few steps more, blindly opened his locker and took out his belongings.

After grabbing his phone, he quickly turned it on and with its light, he illuminated the way.

Kyungsoo took his umbrella after locking the coffee shop’s door and opened it. With one hand in his jacket pocket and another holding the umbrella, the boy walked the unusual dark way home.

As he was walking down the street, loud noises came up from a house with faint light illuminating the inside.

“Leave me alone!”

“Come here you b*tch!”

“Stop it!”

Kyungsoo stopped his tracks as he heard three different voices shouting: two females and a male. He fast presumed that it was possibly a family consisting of a father, a mother and daughter. Noises of objects breaking and hitting the ground made it seem that the house was being destroyed. He looked up to a window and it showed some shadows moving according to the shouts and noises.

Suddenly the entrance door opened and a girl came out, quickly closing it behind her. She had her eyes closed and her hands closed in fists. Kyungsoo stood there with his eyes on her. He was totally immersed on what was happening, although he had no reaction to whatever was unfolding around him.

The girl opened her eyes and noticed Kyungsoo’s presence. She looked at him, but it didn’t last long. She broke the eye contact and ran away.

The boy’s eyes followed her figure until it had disappeared completely.

He glanced one more time to the house and then started walking again.

--------------------

Kyungsoo laid in his bed and pulled the sheets up to cover him until the neck. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

As soon as his eyelids made everything dark, images of what he had seen before that day, while he was walking home, appeared and the girl’s panicked and terrified face didn’t leave Kyungsoo’s thoughts for a moment.

He quickly realized that the noises and screaming coming from her house were what made her look so scared and terrified. He wanted to know where she was. Was she okay? He was worried with the girl, because she left her home while it was raining and was night.

It bothered him that he hadn’t done anything at the moment. *Should I’ve called the police?* Kyungsoo sighed and turned around. He tried to push those thoughts away and get some sleep.

--------------------

“Soo, there’s a new client.” A worker of the coffee shop told Kyungsoo, who was cleaning a table. Kyungsoo nodded and went to get his notebook and pen to note down the new client’s order.

After attending more and more clients Kyungsoo took a break. Christmas holidays were coming and soon he would be free to do everything else, other than working at the coffee shop. It wasn’t that he didn’t like it, but he just needed a break from work.

The day went like that until it was finally time to close the shop.

Kyungsoo said goodbye to the other workers and left, as it wasn’t his day to close the coffee shop.

He was doing the same rote he had to do every day, when he noticed he was approaching a specific house. His eyes scanned the house and memories surfaced. Those were memories of that rainy night, when he saw a girl running away from her house and still didn’t do a thing about it.

Weeks passed and since that night, no more noises and screaming were heard from the house. Apparently the family had moved. Kyungsoo hadn’t had signs from the girl and it really concerned him, but what could he do?

He sighed. He wished he had done something in that night. Suddenly, a noise of an object hitting the ground took Kyungsoo’s attention. He looked in front and saw a girl picking up something that probably had fell on the floor. When the girl, who was walking towards Kyungsoo, turned around she stopped.

Kyungsoo saw her face and quickly realized who she was. She was the girl from that horrible night. She was the girl he so wanted to know about.

As soon as she saw him, she felt like running away like in that night, but her feet wouldn’t listen to her. Kyungsoo took the opportunity to finally speak to her.

“Hey!” he said and started walking again, now in the girl’s direction.

As he was walking towards her, he couldn’t think of anything to say or ask. However, there was only one question he could think of.  The girl started feeling nervous and was about to leave. She turned around but Kyungsoo fastened his walk to catch up with her, or at least to short the distance between them.

“Wait,” he said and with that the girl stopped, with her back turned to the boy. “Are you okay?” he asked as he stopped a few meters from her. He didn’t want to get too close to her, or she might get scared and run away, like she did in the past.

The girl didn’t answer. She just clenched her fists and tried to stay calm.

“I heard what happened and … well, technically I didn’t actually see but, I kind of presumed what was happening that night. I’m sorry, for not doing anything.” Kyungsoo apologized as he felt guilty.

“It’s not your fault.” The girl spoke. She decided that it was time to leave before the boy could approach her.

“Wait,” Kyungsoo took some steps forward and the girl stopped at hearing his voice. “Let me accompany you home, or at least offer you something warm to drink. It’s not safe for girls, to walk around in the streets at this time.” He said and waited for her to reply.

“I’m sorry. I-I can’t.” she declined, still not facing him.

“Please,” Kyungsoo pleaded. He wanted to help the girl and wanted to know what was going on her life.

The girl sighed and closed her eyes. Getting late at home could cost her a slap on her face or some yelling, but something was encouraging her to go with the boy. She turned around and finally looked at him. She tried hard to not have eye contact. “Alright.” She said, accepting Kyungsoo’s offer.

At hearing her answer, a relieved smile appeared on his face. “Good. This way.” He stretched out his hand, indicating the way. The girl hesitantly walked towards Kyungsoo and once she was next to him he started walking too.

While having a secure distance between them, they went to a café.

“So, what’s your name?” Kyungsoo asked as they walked.

“Na Ram,” she looked at her hands, feeling nervous and uncomfortable.

“I’m Kyungsoo,” he introduced himself. He realized the she wasn’t comfortable around him, so he tried to be as nice and gentle he could. “I work at a coffee shop that it’s not too far from here. We could go there, but it’s already closed. I know I place that is really good and they have the best cappuccinos ever. Maybe you’ll like.” Kyungsoo smiled and looked at her.

She nervously forced a tiny smile and continued eyeing the floor, watching where she would step.

They reached the destination and Kyungsoo held the door for her to enter. After picking a table, they ordered.

“So, where are you living now?” Kyungsoo asked, as he knew she no longer lived at her previous home.

“I’m living with my mother close to the police station.” Na Ram replied. She didn’t usually trust people that much to the point to go and have a drink with them, but Kyungsoo seemed a nice and gentle guy. She felt like she could trust him.

“Oh so it’s not that far.” He smiled once again.

The orders came and they enjoyed their warm cappuccinos. “Would you like to tell me what happened that night?” Kyungsoo gently asked, so she wouldn’t be taken aback by the question and leave.

“I-I don’t think I should.” She shook her head, afraid of what could happen if she ever told anyone what really happened that night.

“You can trust me. It’s fine. Nothing’s going to happen and I promise you that.” He sincerely looked in her eyes and that was when he saw how scared she was, how damaged she was.

Na Ram sighed. She finally decided to open up her heart and let go all she had been hiding inside. “My father has been treating my mother and I like … . He always beats my mother after coming home from the bars, all thirsty for violence,” She explained, with tears in her eyes.

“Every night, I hear her screaming from my room. I try to block the sounds with my hands in my ears, but it’s no use. I still hear her. And I cry. I can’t help but cry, because I can’t do anything about it. I can’t do anything, because after he’s done with her he comes to me and … he does the same. He threatens us to kill us both if we tell anybody. That’s why I never told the police of anyone.” She took a break and wiped the tears that were rolling down her cheeks.

“But I couldn’t keep living like that so, I found the courage to finally go to the police and denunciate him. That was when we moved to another house.” She forced a smile.

Kyungsoo gulped. He was in the verge of crying with her, as she told him the story of her life. He reached for her hand and grabbed it. “Well, you don’t have to fear your dad anymore, because you just got friend to protect you.” He slightly beamed and caressed her hand with his thumb.

“Thank you.” Na Ram thanked, as she could feel save with his touch.

--------------------

Three months passed and it was finally Na Ram’s father day to stand trial. It would be decided today his sentence and Na Ram and her mother would be finally safe from him.

“Do you want me to go with you? I can take my day off.” Kyungsoo asked Na Ram, as she drank a cappuccino at Kyungsoo’s work place.

She shook her hand and grinned. “No. You don’t need to. I can do this and I have to.” 

“I know you can. You’re strong.” Kyungsoo complimented her.

“Kyungsoo, you have clients waiting.” The boss reminded the boy, as he saw him sitting in a chair conversing with a client.

Kyungsoo nodded and stood up. “I have to go. Call me whenever the trial has ended.” Kyungsoo said and left to take the new costumers’ orders.

Na Ram paid and left to the trial.

Thanks to Kyungsoo, she was finally able to get her confidence back. She was stronger and a new girl. She was brighter and had new friends, all thanks to Kyungsoo.

She entered in the court and took her seat. She had testified against her father and it was finally time to know the sentence.

“The defendant will serve a sentence of life imprisonment for the crime he committed.” And with that the judge hit with the small wooden hammer, ending the trial.

At hearing those words Na Ram felt lighter and relieved. Knowing her cruel father would spend the rest of his life in prison, just felt like a weight that had been taken from her back. She no longer had to worry about getting late at home or fear being beaten up by her father. She was safe now.

--------------------

“Kyungsoo!” she shouted as she saw him leaving the coffee shop.

He looked up to see who was calling his name and saw Na Ram walking towards him. “Na Ram, what are you doing here?” he was surprised to see her.

“I told you on the phone that I would tell you how the trial went and here I am.” She beamed.

“So..?” he expectantly looked at her, hoping to hear good news.

“The case’s closed! My father will spend the rest of his life in prison. I won’t have to fear him anymore Kyungsoo. I’m free!” she told him. With all the excitement Na Ram couldn’t contain herself and she threw herself in Kyungsoo’s arms. Their lips touched and they remained like that for some seconds, until it finally hit her what she had done. “Oh my! I’m sorry. I was too excited and …”

Kyungsoo cupped her cheeks and looked her in the eyes. “It’s okay. I’ve been waiting for this actually.” He smiled in content and kissed her passionately.
 


I know, I know. It has been so long since I've last updated and the last update . 

This one wasn't my best work sorry. :/ I wanted to finish this collection but I couldn't come up with another idea. :s

So, yeah, you've heard well. This is the last update. I have twelve one-shots, one for each EXO member. :)

I hope you enjoyed all the one-shots I wrote. Thanks a bunch! 

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to subscribecomment and upvote. :)

Chu~ / XOXO