christmas day

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 645 words 


"Merry Christmas," Zitao whispers in his morning scratchy voice as he rolls over and onto Kris. He leans down to place a small kiss on the elder’s lips and flops down; burying his face into the latter's neck.

Kris wraps his arms around Zitao's waist and grumbles a greeting back. As they were basking in the peaceful moment, the door flings open and 10 noisy children led by Jongdae tumble in.

Loud chatters fill the room as they scramble up the bed where their parents are lying on but Zitao and Kris still refuse to budge despite the crowd.

"Tower!" Jongdae announces and lies on top of Zitao not-so-gently.

This catches Chanyeol and Baekhyun's attention as they follow their brother and jumps on top of the human pile, laughing.

A loud grunt sounds and the two other weights added on to their bodies.

"I can't breathe, guys," Zitao groans as he tries to shift.

"Wake up! It's Christmas!" Chanyeol shouts and bounces on the pile and Baekhyun screams in laughter.

"I'm awake, I'm awake," Kris says and tries to displace the additional weight on him and Zitao.

Jongdae rolls of Zitao and the two lying on top of him falls onto the bed, bumping into Kyungsoo as he nearly falls off the bed. 
                            
It took slightly more than an hour for Kris and Zitao to organize the kids and get them ready for the day before they could have breakfast.

After a chaotic breakfast, the kids crowds around the Christmas tree, pushing around to get a good view of the tree (more like the presents). They wanted to see who would get the biggest present this year; it was an unspoken competition among them.

Tiny hands reaches for one of the many presents when a voice stops all of them in their tracks.

"If any of you sneak a peek at your presents, I'm confiscating them!" Zitao threatens as he grabs Sehun and Kai when they were about to rip off the colorful papers hiding the items from their views.

The kids scramble back and away from the tree and they sat down on the ground, fidgeting.

"You know the tradition, we'll wait until night then mommy and I will give all of you your presents," Kris says. "We'll watch a movie first, alright?"

The children nodded and so the rest of the day was spent watching movies with the kids, eating Christmas cookies and treats. Before they knew it, it was time for the presents to be given out. 

"Who wants to start first?" Zitao asks when they gathered around the Christmas tree.

Luhan volunteers himself as he reaches for the closest present and flips the card open.

"It's for Minseokkie!"

Minseok smiles wide and grabs the present, hugging it tight.

"It's your turn now, Min," Kris nudges
the boy forward.

The latter grabs a random present and calls out the name of the recipient. This continues until everyone has gotten their presents and is seated around the living room.

"Mommy, can we open out presents now?" Joonmyun asks and Zitao nods. 

Delightful cheers as well as sounds of ripping paper fill the room.

"It's the new Lego!" Chanyeol cheers as he waves the box around excitedly.

Zitao had to help Sehun unwrap his present since it was bigger than him and he was struggling, almost in tears trying to open it.

"Sehunnie has the biggest present this year," Baekhyun whispers to Chanyeol.

"Yeah,” Chanyeol frowns. “Sehunnie wins this year.”

The warm atmosphere made Zitao smile as he leans into Kris’s embrace. All the hard work of thinking of what the kids would like was all worth it when happy smiles graced his children’s faces. His smile falters a little, however, when he bitterly thought of how his hard work would not be acknowledged.

The kids thought the presents were from Santa after all.


Ack, I apologize for the Christmas special which was not posted on Christmas day. I've been travelling for the entire month and did not have time to write so I apologize for the crappy chapter because I feel a little rusty ;-; Also, for personal reasons, I might put this story for friends only but don't worry, I'll accept all friend requests if I do. 

Lastly, I love to involve readers so if you have anything you would like to see in a chapter, please do comment your ideas! 

P.S. I want to open a one-shot collection/dump and would probably take in limited requests, what do you guys think? I'm thinking of a Tao/EXO OTP thing (because Tao is my bias and I ship him with everyone ;-;) or should I do one with all the OTPs in EXO under the sun?  Tell me what you think!

twitter