time outs

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 791 words


“It’s mine!”

“No, it’s mine!”

“You big meanie, I tell mommy!”

The boy holding the toy bursts into tears and the other soon follows. The wails were reaching the point of deafening when Zitao bursts into the room and sits beside the two wailing boys.

“Baekhyun, Chanyeol, what’s the problem here?” he asks as they both scramble up his lap, pointing accusing fingers at each other.

“Momma, Yeollie took my toy,” Baekhyun sniffles.

“No! I took it first!” Chanyeol scowls.

“You meanie! You stupid,” Baekhyun screams and he tries to reach for the toy.

“Baekhyun! You can’t call your brother stupid and don’t be rough,” Zitao scolds.

The kids pay no heed and renewed their tug-o-war fight, screaming at each other. It was only until Zitao couldn’t take it any longer that he grabs the toy and with a quick tug, he was in possession of the toy train.

“Since none of you are going to be civilized about this, I’m taking the toy and putting you both in time out,” he glares at both kids when they began to protest. “Don’t even think about getting out until you both decide to be good boys.”

Zitao places the toy on the ground and carries both boys up and to the time out corner to repent.

“It’s your fault, Yeol,” Baekhyun whispers with a pout when Zitao leaves them.

“No, it’s your fault! I took the toy first!” Chanyeol crosses his arm and sulks.

“I took it first!”

“No, it’s me!”

“No, me!”

“Me!”

“Me!”

“Boys!” Zitao thunders over the commotion, carrying a half awake Sehun. “Your brother is trying to sleep and you’re supposed to keep quiet! So think about what you’ve done wrong before I make you stay here longer!”

The boys huff and continue sulking at their corner and Zitao turns to leave.

They sat in their seats silently for another fifteen minutes before small feet toddles over curiously.

“Baekkie, Channie, why you here,” Kyungsoo mumbles.

“Mommy made us sit here, Yeollie took my toy,” Baekhyun whines.

“No, you took it!” Chanyeol shouts indignantly.

“I did not!”

“You did!”

Little Kyungsoo simply looks back and forth as they continue bickering.

“Baekkie, Channie, share?” Kyungsoo timidly suggests, fidgeting with the ends of his shirt.

“No!” both boys turn to shout, as though horrified by the idea of sharing.

Kyungsoo’s bottom lip begins to wobble and tears make their way to his large eyes as he sniffles.

“You made Kyungie cry!” Chanyeol accuses, “Now mommy’s gonna make us stay longer!”

“You made Kyungie cry! Not me!”

Kyungsoo’s sniffles gradually builds up and tears spill over his eyes, making their way down his chubby cheeks. He rubs his eyes and violently hiccups as more tears make their way down.

“Kyungsoo, baby, what’s wrong,” Kris coos as he makes his way to the corner where Baekhyun and Chanyeol were staring at Kyungsoo crying.

Kris picks the wailing toddler up and pats his back soothingly.

“Daddy, Channie made Soo cry,” Baekhyun accuses.

“I did not!”

Kris sighs, “Baby, who made you cry? Tell daddy and I’ll scold them, alright?”

Kyungsoo slowly points at Chanyeol and before Baekhyun could cheer, he was pointed at too. Both kids look down, awaiting the wrath of their scary father. But before he could say anything, Zitao appears behind and sighs.

“You both are not going to stop fighting, are you? You even made your brother cry,” Zitao reprimands. He walks over to Kris and tells him to bring Kyungsoo out to watch some cartoons while he deals with the little devils.

He turns both boys around to face him. “I don’t care who took the toy train first but fighting between brothers is a bad thing,” Zitao begins. “If any of you wanted to play with the toy even when someone else is already playing with it, you should ask nicely instead of snatching it away. Mommy made you all watch the episode on Barney, did I?”

They nodded.

“Barney said ‘sharing is caring’ did he? So why don’t you share the toy and play with each other? I’m sure you do care about each other right?”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol look down and refuse to say anything.

“Come on, let’s all be big boys and make up, alright? Apologize, then give each other a hug and a kiss then we can all watch some cartoons together, okay?” Zitao proposes.

“I’m sorry, Baekkie,” Chanyeol apologizes shyly.

“I’m sorry too, Yeol,” Baekhyun says and hugs the taller boy. The latter kisses Baekhyun’s cheek and Zitao smiles.

“Okay, now that we’re all good again, let’s go watch some cartoons! We can have cookies as snacks too.”

The kids cheer and make their way quickly to the living room for their snack.


Back from my Korea trip! To read all da ditz and da dirt from my trip you can read my blog post here. I'll be flying to Taiwan tomorrow but I've managed to squeeze in an update for this (ugh, I hope it's not too bad). I'm hoping to post a Christmas special chapter but I have no guarantees because I'm touching down on Christmas so don't be weirded out if the Christmas special comes on New Year's day ;-; (there are 12 days of Christmas anyways, haha...ha...ha) 

Alright, I'll see you guys soon then, enjoy your Christmas, I'll be back soon~