puppy

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

This is a double update, so if you have not read the previous chapter, please do~ 

Word count: 601 words 


“Mommy,” Jongin clutches his tiny bolster close to him as he approaches Zitao on the couch. “Jongin wants puppy.”

Zitao pats the space beside him and watches fondly as the boy climbs up the couch with a little struggle.

“Jongin, having a dog is a big responsibility,” Zitao begins. “Mommy and daddy are really busy taking care of you and your brothers; we don’t have time to take care of dogs. Besides, why would you want a dog?”

“Puppy is cute,” Jongin fidgets with the bolster. “Jongin wants one.”

“Mommy will discuss this with daddy, if he agrees then we’ll get a puppy,” Zitao sighs.

Jongin was about to cheer when Zitao stops him and sits him back down on the couch.

“But, you will have to promise me that you will take care of the puppy which includes cleaning his poo poo-” Jongin cringes at that. “-and pee pee, taking it for walks, bathing it, feeding it and many other things, alright?”

“Ew, poo poo,” Jongin giggles.

“Yes, but you have to promise me that you’ll do that if daddy agrees to have a puppy. Hook pinkies,” Zitao holds out his pinkie.

Jongin hooks his pinkie with Zitao and presses his thumb against his mother’s. He jumps down from the couch and runs into the room screaming to Sehun about having a puppy. The mother of ten sighs as he grabs his laptop from the table and continues with his work.

The door pops open at exactly seven o’clock and a rush of kids run to greet the man at the door. He greets them all with hugs and kisses before Zitao rushes him to change and get ready for dinner.

After a noisy dinner, the family sits in front of the television watching evening cartoons and Zitao starts playing with Kris’s fingers.

“Yifan,” Zitao calls as he twists the wedding ring on Kris’s forefinger and the latter hums in acknowledgement. “Jongin told me something today.” Kris hums again as a sign for him to continue. “He wants to have a puppy.”

“No,” Kris denies immediately without thinking.

“Jongin, daddy says no to puppy,” Zitao calls out.

“Why,” Jongin whines and kicks his leg out repeatedly.

Kris was about to say something when Jongin’s right leg nails Yixing in the face and the little boy wails. Jongin, who is still upset, stops kicking but cries along with Yixing which in turn scares Sehun and they end up with three crying children.

Kris sighs when Jongin starts running around the pet shop; he made a mental note to put this kid on a child leash before he loses the ball of energy one day. He sighs again as he thinks about the money he is going to spend today and he has not even gotten his paycheck yet.

Jongin runs and nearly falls screaming for Kris and the father gets dragged to a cage where a tiny poodle jumps around excitedly.

“Daddy, Jongin wants this,” he points at the puppy while looking up a Kris.

“This is a toy poodle, it’s really tame and a good companion for kids,” the shopkeeper says as she approaches the father and son.

Kris reluctantly pulls out his platinum card when they got everything and nearly weeps as the card was almost forcibly pulled out of his hands. With the swipe of the card and a signature, everything was set and Kris could immediately feel the weight loss of his wallet. He cries internally while Jongin walks quickly but steadily holding the cage in both his hands.

He shouldn’t have watched Dog Whisperer with Jongin.


I'm...back (fortunately or unfortunately, lol) and with a double update for disappearing for nearly a month. Thank you all for your understanding as well as your encouragement. I've gotten my results and although I'm not happy with it, life goes on and I'll try to stay positive. 

Enough of the sad stuff and on to the topic of ages. I...forgot to add the ages of the children and only remembered that I haven't done so when someone asked. So I would like to clarify this;

For most of the chapters, Sehun and Jongin would be three and it would follow their actual age order so Kyungsoo would be four, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae would be five, Joonmyun and Yixing six and Luhan and Minseok seven. But this only applies to some chapters since this doesn't follow a timeline so it jumps around but I'll try to mention it if this is the case. 

Lastly, if the children don't act like their age, pardon me because I don't have kids and my younger sibling is already 12 ;-;

Well then, that's all~ This is getting longer than the update itself so bye and I hope you enjoyed the double update~ 

Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year to all readers~ I'll be off visiting the next few days (sigh) and I'll probably reply to comments during. 

twitter