of lipstick stains and a cheating spouse (?)

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 915 words


“Kris Wu Yifan, you bastard! Come here right now!” a voice shouted from the laundry room.

When Kris enters the laundry room in confusion, he has a shirt that stinks of alcohol and a smidgen of perfume shoved in his face.

“Isn’t this the shirt I wore yesterday?”

“Don’t act innocent with me, Wu Yifan,” Zitao glares viciously. “What did you do yesterday night at your ‘company dinner’?”

“Uh, we drank and ate…?” Kris answers, slightly perturbed by the sudden question when Zitao did not even mention a single thing the previous night when he returned home.

“Oh yeah? So maybe you spilled some wine on your shirt that looks suspiciously like a lipstick stain? Or maybe eating something and accidentally dropping it on your shirt which looks like a lipstick stain?” the younger screams and throws the white shirt in his husband’s face.

Kris pulls off the shirt from his face and panics.

“No! I swear it’s nothing!” the blonde hurries to explain.

“Nothing? Nothing? This certainly doesn’t look like nothing to me!”

“They hired strippers! I didn’t know, I swear!” Kris waves his hands at Zitao. “One moment I was eating and the next thing I know, there was this girl in my lap trying to seduce me!”

“Oh, so now you tell me when I ask. If I didn’t you wouldn’t have bothered to tell me, would you,” Zitao says, tears welling up in his eyes. “I didn’t know you were such a person.”

“No, baby, it just slipped my mind!” Kris says as he tries to pull Zitao into a hug.

Zitao struggles and pushes him away, “Don’t call me baby, and don’t touch me!” Zitao continues to push Kris until he reaches the main door. He pulls open the door and shoves the blonde out of the house.

“I don’t want to see your face, I hate you, Wu Yifan,” Zitao spits out and slams the door, leaving Kris outside with his shirt in his hand.

Zitao collapses into the couch and cries his eyes out, ignoring the poundings on the door when heads started peeking out from their respective rooms.

“Mommy and daddy fought,” Luhan pouted, about to cry when he saw his mother crying.

“We should do something,” Minseok muses as he pops his head out beside Luhan.

Just then, Joonmyun runs out, carrying a box of tissue in his short arms. He reaches the couch where Zitao is crying in and places the box on the coffee table. He pulls out a piece of tissue and climbs onto the couch, placing the tissue on Zitao’s face.

“We should follow Joonmyunnie,” Luhan suggests and walks out hand in hand with Minseok.

The both of them started pulling out pieces of tissue paper and placing them on Zitao’s face until he had to sit up to pull them off as he nearly suffocates.

“Mommy, don’t cry,” Minseok mumbles as he crawls on to Zitao’s lap. Zitao smiles at how Minseok is trying to cuddle with him and dabs at his eyes with the wad of tissue paper.

“Thank you, baby,” Zitao wraps his arms around the kid. “I love you all,” he says as he ruffles the hair of Luhan and Joonmyun.

“Daddy made mommy cry,” Luhan pouts. “Daddy’s a bad man,” he fumes.

“Mommy, can I open the door,” Joonmyun asks.

Zitao was starting to feel guilty, even if Kris did cheat on him, it was cold outside and he was only in his home wear without a jacket.

“Yes, baby,” Zitao says, “Will you tell daddy to come in too?”

Joonmyun nods and runs to the door, tip-toeing to twist the doorknob and open the door. He finds Kris sitting opposite the door and gestured for him to come in.

“Mommy says come in,” Joonmyun says, eyes wide.

Kris bursts through the threshold and finds a sniffling Zitao with Minseok in his arms. Before he could say a word, a blur of black hair rushes forward, attacking him. The hits were not painful but one manages to scratch his hand and he hisses.

“Bad daddy! You made mommy cry!” Luhan screams as he attacks Kris.

“Luhan,” Zitao calls, “Stop hitting daddy.”

“But-“

“Come here,” Zitao’s tone became sterner. “You too, Kris.”

The both of them walked over and Zitao motioned for them to sit.

“I’m sorry, Taozi,” Kris broke the silence.

“I know.”

“I really didn’t mean to do it. I swear I would never cheat on you!”

“I know.”

“Huh?”

“I knew you wouldn’t cheat on me, Yifan. I’m just upset because you don’t tell me things,” Zitao looks at Kris straight in the eye.

Kris shifts closer to his husband and hesitantly pulls him into a hug. “I’m sorry, baby. I promise it won’t happen again.”

Zitao buries his face into Kris’s neck, “I hate how you’re always like this. It makes it so hard for me to stay angry with you.”

Kris smiles and kisses the younger’s temple, “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Zitao pulls back and pecks the blonde’s lips.

“Ew, mommy kissed daddy,” Joonmyun wriggles his nose.

Zitao makes a grab for Joonmyun and places a wet kiss on his cheek, grinning.

“Mommy!” Joonmyun giggles, running away.

“Where are you going Joonmyunnie? Don’t you want kisses from mommy?” Zitao teases.

“Mommy, I want kisses too,” Yixing pops his head out of his room.

Zitao laughs and motions him over while Kris looks on with a loving smile at his family.


This will probably be my last update until next year (or probably the end of December) [lol, this fic was not meant to be updated often but because of all of you subbing and commenting, I get really inspired to write and I update quite frequently]. I'll be overseas starting from the 28th of November, travelling from Korea to different places in Taiwan. From now until then, I'll be working on a few oneshots I've written (about 3 of them, two unfinished) so I'll be editing and writing and whatnot. But if I have the time, this story will be updated but it's only an if

I really want to thank you all for all the support I've garnered for this fic and I'm really grateful, so don't worry, this won't be abandoned. I will still be replying to comments while overseas but I won't have the time to post up chapters (but I can foresee that I'll be writing whenever I'm free).

Lastly, I've posted the foreword for one of the oneshots I'm going to be posting and you can find it here. Do check it out and I'll see you guys in 2014, I love you <3

twitter