of bruises and a bloody nose

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 716 words


Chanyeol is bored. There is nothing to do. He could not leave the house because it’s snowing heavily and Zitao forbade everyone from going out and freezing themselves to death. Pulling his toy car back, he lets go of it for it to move off.

“Sehun, come back here! It’s cold, you can’t just run own wrapped in a towel,” Zitao screams from the bathroom.

Chanyeol heard giggles and a little Sehun runs into his view wrapped in a towel like a burrito.

Heavy footsteps indicating that Zitao is running after Sehun was heard and Chanyeol gestures frantically for Sehun to come over.

“Come on, Hunnie! Mommy’s coming,” he whispers.

Bubbles of laughter escape from Sehun’s throat and he waddles over as quickly as he could. But before he could make it to Chanyeol, he steps on the car Chanyeol was playing with and falls flat on his face.

“Sehun!” Chanyeol screams, scrambling over to the fallen toddler.

It was all silent for a while before Sehun bursts into tears, wailing loudly for his mother. Zitao bursts into the living room and Kris appears soon after hearing the heart-wrenching sobs from Sehun. Chanyeol moves aside when he sees his parents.

Zitao picks the boy up from the floor to inspect the damages on the poor toddler.

“My baby is bleeding! Kris! Sehun is bleeding!” Zitao panics, bouncing Sehun in his arms.

Just then, the rest of the kids ran out of their rooms to see the commotion. Kris navigates around the crowd to get a box of tissues to Zitao.

Zitao settles on the couch and wipes away the blood from the toddler’s face and holds a wad to the latter’s nose, telling him to breathe through his mouth. He wipes off his tears and coddles the little one, cooing at him.

Once the bleeding has stopped, Kris hands Zitao a blanket and sets down the first aid kit on the coffee table. Zitao wraps the blanket around the still-in-a-towel-and-sniffling toddler while Kris settles beside them. The bunch of kids are now crowded around them, trying to catch a glimpse of their baby brother.

“You can do it, Sehunnie,” Luhan whispers from the back.

“Yeah, Sehunnie is a big boy,” Joonmyun nods.

While the kids were giving Sehun moral support, Kris applies an ointment onto Sehun’s bruise on his forehead and kisses his cheek.

“There, all done, baby,” Kris ruffles the boy’s hair.

“You’re a brave boy,” Zitao coos and kisses the toddler’s nose. “Come on, let’s go get you dressed.”

He grabs Sehun all swaddled in a towel and a blanket and brings him to the room.

“Okay, kids,” Kris calls, “There’s nothing to see now, go back to your rooms to play, alright?”

“Daddy,” Kyungsoo pulls at his pants, “Will Sehunnie be alright?”

“Of course, buddy. Sehun is a strong boy like all of his brothers,” Kris smiles.

Kyungsoo gives him a nod and pulls Kai to his room to play. He looks up to see a dejected Chanyeol trudging to Sehun’s room. Kris follows him and stands at the doorway.

Chanyeol walks into the room to see his mother dressing Sehun and when he was done, he walks up to the duo.

“Yeollie,” Zitao smiles, “What are you doing here?”

“Mommy,” Chanyeol looks up apologetically, “Are you mad at me?”

“Hmm?” Zitao tilts his head, “Why would I be?”

“Because I made Sehun fall, I’m sorry,” Chanyeol apologizes, tears welling in his eyes.

“Baby no make baby fall, car car make baby fall,” Sehun says.

“You see, Sehun didn’t say it was your fault,” Zitao pats the four-year-olds’ head. “It was all an accident, I’m sure you didn’t want that to happen too, right?”

Chanyeol nods but still looked a tad guilty. Zitao sees this and whispers something into Sehun’s ear. Sehun nods happily and jumps off his bed and pulls Chanyeol down and kisses his cheek.

“Mommy says kisses make people happy,” Sehun grins. “Play with baby?”

Chanyeol nods and pulls Sehun to his room to play with his toys. As they walk pass Kris at the doorway, he makes his way in and pulls Zitao into a kiss.

“I love you, Taozi,” he murmurs against his lips. “You’re such a good mother.”

“I love you too, you cheesy ball,” Zitao laughs.


Halloween update~ I wanted to make a halloween special but I don't know how it goes ;-; We don't do trick-or-treating in Singapore. But since blood and bruises stuff, um is close to halloween since it's all bloody and crap so um Happy Halloween? Anways I'm going to be out tomorrow for halloween horror nights at universal studios singapore hence the 30th October halloween update instead of the 31st.

This is....really not edited, sorry. I shall get back to it when I can, which should be soon since I'm done with my exams~ Expect more frequent updates and oneshots! This story runs on my motivation and inspiration so feel free to drop me story ideas or just comments to inspire me~ 

Um, wow this note is getting longer than the chap itself so bye, Happy Halloween everyone!

twitter