video games

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 828 words


Kris is a ty gamer. Even the two-year-old Jongin could beat him in any video game. But Kris is determined to play a decent game, hence the seventy dollar splurge on a video game that the salesman claims that everyone could play. Neglecting the price and the rating, he whipped out a platinum card and swiped it without feeling even a pinch.

At midnight, Kris decides to explore the new video game as Zitao snores on in their bedroom. His heart pounds in excitement as he inserts the disk into the Xbox and navigates through the start screen when it loads.

The introduction plays and he is unfazed by the expletives uttered throughout the entire video as they rob a bank. As the vault explodes, he moves his character albeit a bit wobbly to collect the cash in the vault.

Kris starts to think that maybe he might be an excellent gamer after all as he hijacks a helicopter two hours into the game.

Another half an hour passes and he finds himself in a strip club with a lady strip-teasing in front of his character’s face. He nearly laughs at the absurdity of the game but a small shuffling sound comes from around the corner.

He almost had a whiplash from how fast he twisted his head over only to find a two-year-old Sehun his thumb as he stares at the ies on the large LCD screen.

“Baby want!” Sehun squeals loudly, toddling over to where Kris was sitting.

Kris finally grasps on to what was happening and fumbles around for the remote control to switch the television off. Before he could do so, a sleepy Zitao emerges from the room to see what the commotion was about.

Zitao flicks his eyes to the television to a shocked Kris to an excited Sehun and back to the screen only to whack Kris violently across the head.

“Kris Wu, you idiot! Sehun is sixteen years too young to be seeing this!” he screams and grabs the remote to turn it off.

“Mommy! Baby want!” Sehun squeals again, reaching his hands out for Zitao.

Zitao picks Sehun up and lightly pushes his head onto his shoulder. He pats the toddler’s back and coos at him to go back to sleep.

“I’ll deal with you later, Wu Yifan,” Zitao glares and carries Sehun back to the nursery.

Kris scratches the back of his head guiltily and moves to switch the game off. Zitao emerges from Sehun’s and Kai’s shared room and Kris glances at him hesitantly.

“You ,” Zitao shoots a piercing stare in his direction. “You defiled the eyes of my Sehunnie.”

“Sorry…?” Kris squeaks as he sinks down deeper into the couch.

“Sorry,” Zitao scoffs. “Yeah, you’ll be a sorry when I’m done with you! What were you thinking? Playing an adult game in a house full of young children? You must be out of your mind,” Zitao throws his hands up.

“It’s not really an adult game,” Kris states quietly.

“What?”

“Nothing,” the blonde quickly replies.

“Looking at s so happily, are you turning straight now?” Zitao crosses his arms.

“Of course not! It was just the game flow that brought me here,” the man quickly defended.

“You expect me to believe that?” Zitao laughs in contempt. “You’re sleeping on the couch tonight,” he announces, turning around to go back to the bedroom.

Kris was about to get up and beg for forgiveness (and a bed to sleep on) when Zitao stops in his tracks abruptly. He peeks around the younger man to see a small figure standing in front of the latter, clutching his Charmander plushy to his chest.

“Is mommy and daddy fighting?” the little boy rubs his eyes.

Zitao softens and walks forward to kneel in front of the boy, “No, Jongdae baby, it’s nothing. Go back to sleep, alright?”

“But mommy was shouting at daddy,” Jongdae pouts. “I don’t like mommy and daddy fighting,” he looks down as tears well up in his eyes.

Zitao brings him into a hug, “Mommy is just punishing daddy because he did something wrong, just like I would if you or your brothers are in the wrong too.”

“So you still love daddy?” Jongdae mumbles into the man’s chest.

“Yes, I do,” he reassures him. “Now go to sleep, alright? Mommy will tuck you in.” Zitao stands and holds Jongdae’s hand, bringing him back to his room.

When Zitao leaves the room, he catches Kris walking back to their shared bedroom.

“Ahem,” Zitao clears his throat, “I didn’t say you can sleep in the room, did I?”

“But I thought- Jongdae he- I- Fine,” Kris pouts and trudges back to the living room, giving up trying to help his sorry when Zitao raised an eyebrow. The door to the bedroom clicks close and he knows he’s going to spend the night on the couch with no arguments. He resigned to fate with a sigh.


Wow, thanks for the 25 subs with just one chapter! As a thank you gift, here's an early update (although unbeta-ed). Virtual cookies if you know what game Kris was playing ;-) 

If you have questions, do direct them to the comment box or through twitter! I'd be happy to answer them. You can also suggest some things you would love for me to write about and I'll try my best to do them~