grocery shopping

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 424 words 


Kris doesn’t mind grocery shopping, but he minds grocery shopping with two three-year-old brats causing a ruckus in the shopping cart. He had placed the two kids in the shopping cart in the first place so that they wouldn’t run away or make a mess in the supermarket but they were hell bent on creating a fuss and thus made do in the shopping cart.

Firstly, he leaves the cart for a minute to search for spaghetti and when he returns, the shopping cart is filled with biscuits of all sorts and Sehun attempting to open a packet of Hello Pandas. Kris manages to grab the packet of biscuit out of Sehun’s hand before he could haphazardly rip the box open when it is not even paid for.

“Oh Sehun! Don’t you dare grab anything without my permission!”

“But daddy-”

“No buts, we’re putting all these back.”

“B-but Jongie was hungry!”

Kris ends up ignoring the kid and painstakingly places the biscuits that filled the shopping cart to the brim (Kris doesn’t know how Jongin still manages to breathe) back on the shelves.

Secondly, he is distracted by the samples of sausages at the meat section when he hears the crinkling of plastic from his cart. He turns and to his horror, he sees Sehun with an open packet of chips and Jongin with a hand in the packet. They both turn to their father with wide eyes and flinches when Kris sends them a glare.

“What did I say about touching the grocery?”

“We were hungry, daddy.”

Kris sighs and reminds himself to tell the person at the checkout counter to scan that eaten packet of chips too.

Lastly, the kids had an adverse reaction to vegetables being thrown into the cart. Every time Kris threw a packet of vegetables into the cart, it would almost immediately come flying out. As much as Kris hated vegetables too, he needed to get some or Zitao would throw a fit about how the entire family is unhealthy because they refused to eat their greens.

“Stop throwing the vegetables out, both of you!”

“Green stuffs are icky!”

“Yeah!”

“You have no choice, your mommy wants them.”

By the time Kris is at the checkout counter, he feels an aneurysm forming. No matter how much he shouts at the two child, they did not seem to be even a tad afraid of him. Kris swears by his non-existent Lamborghini that he would never, ever, for the rest of his life, go grocery shopping without Zitao ever again.


A/N: Wow, I'm so terribly sorry for not updating in forever and the really short update. I've completely underestimated my course of study and have been studying my off since the start of the semester. Though I'm on my holidays, I'm not even sure if I am able to update due to volunteer work, camps and overseas trip so I seek your patience up till my next update. I'm completely running out of ideas for this fic so that's another factor as to when I might even churn out another chapter :-( Thanks for sticking by although I at updating but I'll still be here for a little chat whenever!