injured

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Word count: 657 words 


“Stay still,” Zitao grips Kris’s calf hard when he struggles in pain. 

Kris had returned home from work when Yixing greeted him at the door, trying to climb up his legs. After picking the boy up, Yixing proceeded to fill Kris in on his day; about how he made a new friend in school and the new structure he made using lego blocks. Kris hummed in acknowledgement as he kicked off his shoes and set Yixing down to remove his socks. 

Just when he removed the second sock, Yixing grabbed his hand and pulled him down the hallway to the living room to show him his creation. The kids in the living room looked up when they saw Kris enter and ran up to him. While he was busy greeting the kids, Yixing whined and ran to the couch to pick up the structure to show his father. 

Shooing the kids back to their toys, he strode over to the couch but halfway through, he steps on a stray lego block and hisses in pain, hopping on one leg while clutching the other with tears in his eyes. When he thought the pain was subsiding, he hops for the last time before tripping on the edge of the carpet and sprained his ankle, landing on the floor with a dull thud.

Zitao entered the living room to screaming kids and a blubbering Yixing, blaming himself for his dad's fall. 

"Ugh, I hate lego," Kris groans and involuntarily jerks his leg when Zitao presses on a tender spot. 

"I said stop moving," Zitao pulls Kris's foot back to it's original position. 

Kris frowns and fold his arms, wincing slightly when Zitao continues slathering some chinese medicated oil on his ankle. 

In his peripheral vision, he notices a small figure swathed in a baby blue blanket standing by the couch. Kris turns to see who it is and the boy, on being noticed, stumbles up to Kris and climbs onto the couch, settling beside him. 

"Why aren't you sleeping, Yixing," Kris asks, ruffing the hair that pops out of the blanket. 

"Does it hurt," Yixing mumbles into his blanket, turning a curious gaze to Kris. 

"A little," Kris says as he moves his ankle a little, feeling a pain shoot up his calf. 

"Stop moving," Zitao warns threateningly when Kris foot nearly nails him in the mouth, "If you move and I end up with a foot up my mouth I'll make sure you can't walk for a month."

"Sorry, daddy," Yixing lays down on Kris's lap, snuggling the blanket closer. 

"It's not your fault, baby," Zitao reassures the boy. "It's daddy who did not look where he was going."

Yixing looks at Kris for confirmation and Kris nods, patting him on the bum. 

"Go to sleep, Yixing. You have school tomorrow," Zitao says. 

Yixing nods and closes his eyes, snuggling deeper into Kris's lap. Zitao wraps up Kris's ankle and places it back down on the ground. He packs up the first-aid kit and returns it to the original place.

When he returns, he is met with a heartfelt sight of his husband and child snoozing on the couch.

Zitao carries Yixing back to his room, tucking him in and placing a kiss on his forehead. He returns to the living room to Kris and gently shakes him. 

"Go to bed," Zitao orders and pulls Kris out of the couch. 

Kris limps his way to the room as Zitao walks past him and Kris pouts.

"Your injured husband is limping," Kris calls out.

"Take your time," Zitao calls back, hiding a grin. 

Kris mumbles about being abandoned and decrepit when Zitao swings his arms around the blonde's waist and guides him carefully into the room. Zitao shuts the door and pounces on his man that he had just deposited on the bed. The latter grunts but wraps his arms around the younger nevertheless, leaning up to kiss him.


A/N: Domestic!Taoris will be the death of me. Sorry for the long wait, I've been really busy (if you read my blog post)... But to make up for it, I decided to double update! Partially also because it's my birthday soon and I shall share the joy~ I've been running low on inspiration (which explains the crappy chapter) but I'd hope to get over it and improve on my writing. But I hope this was a decent chapter anyway~