denied

A Day in the Life of the Wu's

Ignore mistakes; unbeta-ed ;-;

Word count: 603 words


Lips trailed down Zitao’s neck, stopping just above his collarbones, nipping slightly at the skin there. Zitao gave a sigh of pleasure and softly runs his fingers through soft blonde hair. The soft lips stopped its assault on his skin and went up for a kiss.

As lips moved in harmony, tongues slowly exploring the other, nothing could be heard but soft mewls and sighs. Kris was about to slip a hand up his husband’s shirt when a loud cry broke the atmosphere.

Kris sighed as Zitao pushes him off almost violently and sat up. The cries were now amplified as others joined in as if in a symphony where instruments joined in the piece. Zitao walks to the nursery and twists the doorknob, pushing the door open with Kris following him behind.

The two two-year-old boys in the room were crying their lungs out in their beds and Zitao bends to pick one up while Kris picks the other. The two boys bury their faces into their respective parent’s shoulders and their cries quiet down into a whimper.

As they soothe the youngest of their kids, a few more muffled cries can be heard in the distance.

“God, this won’t ever stop, won’t it,” Kris grumbles as he bounces Jongin in his arms in an attempt to pacify him.

“Just follow me, Yifan,” Zitao orders and walks into the room where Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Jongdae are crying their tiny lungs inside out.

Zitao sits at the edge of Kyungsoo’s bed and places Sehun on one lap, leaving the other open for Kyungsoo to crawl on. Wiping the tears off the toddler’s cheeks, Zitao coos at him to stop crying.

“Why are you crying, baby?” Zitao asks, patting both his babies on the thighs.

“Nightmare,” Kyungsoo whimpers, burying his face into Zitao’s nightshirt.

“Ah, would you like to sleep with mommy tonight, then?”

Kyungsoo nods, sniffling and Sehun grips on tighter on Zitao’s shirt.

Kris gives a groan of displeasure and Zitao turns to glare at the man.

“Wu Yifan, stop acting like a kid.”

“Baby!” Sehun babbles, pointing at Kris.

Kris’s mouth flaps open and Zitao laughs, causing Sehun to laugh and everyone followed suit. Zitao had to shush them so that they wouldn’t wake up their brothers in the other rooms.

“Jongdae, Chanyeol, go back to sleep, it’s late alright,” Kris pulls up the covers and tucks the two boys in.

Jongdae frowns and kicks the blanket off. “I want to sleep with mommy.”

“You’re a big boy now, Jongdae. You can sleep on your own,” Kris frowns too.

“But I want to sleep with mommy!” Jongdae whines and kicks his legs haphazardly, tears welling up once again.

“It’s just a little nightmare, Jongie,” Zitao says softly.

“I didn’t have a nightmare, mommy,” Jongdae looks at Zitao with large, doe eyes.

“Then why did you cry?”

“Because I heard Kyungie cry,” Jongdae picks at the comforter.

"Me too," a tiny voice offers from the side.

Zitao sighs and Kris groans.

Soon, they found themselves walking to the master bedroom with a whopping line of five kids trailing along.

“Remind me again why I agreed to adopt ten kids,” Kris runs his hands down his face.

“Because you love me,” Zitao places a chaste kiss on the blonde’s lips. “Now go to sleep.”

But as soon as they manage to fall asleep despite the tight squeeze, their door creaks open and Kris is shaken awake by small hands.

“Daddy, I pee-pee in my pants.”

“God damn it.”

Not only did Kris get denied of Zitao, he also had to be denied of sleep. Being a parent is such a wonderful thing.


twitter