Surprised emotion

Just Give Me A Reason

 

 

 

 

Suzy dropped her gaze to the bed. Seungri has been lying with no pillows and a cage had been erected over his legs.

 

 

Her heart beating frantically. For someone was forced to lie flat it usually meant a back injury. A cage usually meant broken legs. And whatever those tubes were feeding him made her squirm, because she hadn’t bothered to ask anyone what his injuries were. Not the nurse, not his uncle … Perhaps she should walk away.

 

 

‘Please don’t go, Suzy.’

 

 

‘H-how did you know it’s me?’ she asked.

 

 

‘You still wear the same perfume.’

 

 

She was surprised he remembered. Curling her fingers around shoulder strap of her bag, Suzy couragely pulled herself free from the door and walked forward. She felf her heart skip a beat when she got her first glimpse of Seungri, laid out flat on the bed like a corpse.

 

 

A white linen sheet covered three-quarters of him. White bandaging formed heavy strapping around his left shoulder and bound his ribs and she gulped when she caught sight of the dark inky bruise spreading out from beneath the edges of the strapping.

 

 

Suzy gave her head a helpless shake and her eyes began to sting with hot tears. ‘Look at you,’ she whispered. Her soft lips were press together in a failed attempt to stop them from trembling.

 

 

Oh God, she looked beautiful, Seungri thought as he lay there watching her. He was really happy to see the evidence of those tears appear like deep pools in her beautiful eyes. He wanted Suzy to be upset. He even wanted her to pity him in fact.

 

 

‘Look at me.’ He urged. He could feel the inner fight she has with herself to make eyes contact with him.

 

 

‘Please, Suzy,’ his voice sound husked.

 

He watched as her eyelashes fluttered rising upwards to reveal hundred of different emotions.

 

 

Suddenly the machine started bleeping like mad. Suzy shot panic look. She had no clue what a normal pulse or blood pressure should read, but the flickering numbers on the machines were rising fast and it scared her.

 

 

‘What’s wrong?’ She reached for his hand but got shocked when she found herself clutching on a shunt with tubes coming out of it.

 

 

But before she could snatch her hand Seungri caught her fingers with a strong grip.

 

 

‘I’m OK,’ he said weakly.

 

 

The door suddenly open and the nurse swept in. She went around to the other side of the bed and began checking things.

 

 

‘I think your wife must have surprised you’ the nurse give a tease smile. 

 

 

‘She did something to me anyway,’ Seungri reply.