Put all my defenses up

Just Give Me A Reason

 

 

They eat their food in a decent manner, trying desperately to ignore the sensual atmosphere that was lingering around them like a super strong magnet. They were exchanging topic about their childhood stories. Seungri asking a lot question about her. ‘Why are you asking me all these questions?’ she asked him, frowning as she sat back in her chair.

 

‘You’re never interested before.’

 

‘But I am now.’

 

Suzy continue to scoop some crème caramel to . She glanced up and saw that he was studying her.

 

‘What?’ she snapped when she couldn’t' stand his stare.

 

‘Did I make you uncomfortable?’ he drawled slowly.

 

‘No. I just don’t understand your sudden interest.’

 

‘You’re my wife and…’

 

‘We’re getting a divorce.’ Why it sound so wrong right now?

 

Divorce. His jaw tightened.

 

Seungri lean back against his chair. The flickering light from the candles made Suzy unable to read his expression. But she could feel his brain is racking every nerve to push her to open up to him.

 

Then he took a short breath. ‘I’m sorry if this upset you,’ he said smoothly. ‘Let’s change the topic.’

 

‘No. Let’s finish and get over with. So what do you want to know? My full family tree? OK.’ She sink back on her chair, feeling tense.

 

‘Both my parents are teacher in elementary school.’ She lift her hand up to place them in her imaginary branch. ‘Oh, I forgot to put my grandmother. Anyone else?’ She pretend to think. ‘My hamster,’ she said. ‘I want a dog but not allowed because we moved too much. Then there’s Minho, my best friend.… hmmm… I wonder where I should place him on my tree?’

 

‘Don’t mention that tweak name.’ His eyes flashed at her.

 

She’s sending him a sneering glance. ‘At least he’s always cared about me.’

 

‘And lust you like ual maniac.’ He fired. 

 

‘How dare you say that?’ Suzy gasped.

 

‘Don’t deny that he isn’t?

 

Shock by Seungri’s words, she hit back. ‘Well better than you… you jerk!! ‘What do you call a guy who pursue a girl for winning a bet?’

 

‘The bet was….. unfortunate,’ Seungri said with guilt expression in his face. ‘It had nothing to do with what you and I were really about.’

 

‘Well go and boost that to your friends.’ Suzy laughed. ‘And don’t forget the fact that you’ve collected your winnings,’ she added bitterly.

 

‘There was a reason why I did that,’ he explained. 

 

Her face has gone pale now, Suzy her chin up. ‘The way you treated me was sick, Seungri.’

 

‘If I tell you I am deeply ashamed of what I do, will you forgive me, Suzy?’