its like having a heart attack

Just Give Me A Reason

 

 

‘He ‘erupted’ as soon as he wake up,’ the doctor said. ‘He refused to let us speak of his friend once his uncle broke the news about his death. He had his room cleared all flowers and cards he received from family and friends. He banned those same people to visit him.’

 

 

For the first time since she arrive, Suzy just realize of that reality.

 

 

‘Wh--Where is he’s uncle?’ she whispered.

 

 

‘Mr. Eric Lee is on your husband’s banned list,’ the doctor informed her.

 

 

Suzy eyes become big, she gasped. ‘Are you kidding me?’

 

 

Dr Kwon shook his head. ‘Your husband seems very angry with the world right now. It’s not unusual case,’ he assured her.

 

 

‘When he demand to see you and his uncle explained that you not been informed he…… reacted badly. He attempt to get off from his bed and go to Korea to see you. We have to sedate him. His condition concerned us enough to suggest to his uncle that he contact you and bring you here quickly.’

 

 

But when she tried to leave he pulled the same mad stunt!

 

 

‘What we believe happened is to help him block out his grief and guilt towards his friend’s death, he transferred his full focus to you.’

 

 

The divorce papers. Suzy closed her eyes tightly as her stomach twisted. Seungri had crashed his boat because he has been thinking of those papers instead of concentrating on the race.

 

 

‘I’ll talk to him,’ she said getting to her feet. ‘He can’t possibly mean to ban everyone especially his uncle to visit him.’

 

 

‘He is sleeping right now,’ the doctor reminded her. ‘Perhaps it would be wiser for you to have some sleep and think on what we’ve discussed before you talk to him again.’

 

 

It’s not been a suggestion rather than a command and it bugs Suzy. Her eyes flashed out warning. ‘He’s not dying,’ she stated bluntly. ‘And he’s not a child that to be pampered or protected from the truth.’

 

 

‘Perhaps by tomorrow you will calm down and thought better of … challenging him right now.’

 

 

‘What kind of doctor are you?’ she asks suspiciously.

 

 

‘The kind that deals with patient’s mental health,’ the doctor said with a small smile.

 

 

‘Your husband’s injuries are many. No way that we have undervalue his physical trauma because we not. His heart stopped beating twice at the scene of the accident. The trauma team had working hard to bring him back. His concussion is still very concerning. He has clouded vision and continued dizziness …’

 

 

Suzy blinked as she recalled the way Seungri’s hand kept on missing its target when he tried to pull out the wires.

 

 

‘The wound in his thigh was deep and require several hours of surgery to reconnect vital nerves and muscles.’

 

 

Suzy went pale hearing Dr Kwon’s words.

 

 

‘Extensive internal bleeding required us to insert drain in his chest cavity. I say you have seen the resulting spread of bruising,’ he said. ‘The loss of blood was significant enough to require several urgent transfusions and we now know that he had damaged his spinal cord as well. I tell you all of this because I believe facing him with questions about the way he is dealing with his current situation might stimulate him into doing something more drastic….. like walking out from here.’

 

 

‘He can do that?’ Suzy doubted but she think the doctor was probably right.

 

 

‘He is turning you as his focus point that holding him together right now. Therefore I seriously beg you to consider of helping him through this very difficult time…’