Chapter 21

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 21

 

The long journey from the resort had come to its end when a sight of a vast-looking pension house came into view. Few renovations were made, according to Choi Sooyoung, who took the liberty to adjust and expand the perimeter of the house. She said that there will be a new game room located at the far east side of the place, just by the newly built swimming pool and also the even bigger barbeque pit that looks at the outlook of the ocean. Looks like Sooyoung had made so many changes that it might new like a new place altogether. It was belonged to the Choi family, despite of it being a pension house, so they have the rights to do so.

Mini-vans begun to line up by the front of the pension house, car doors slid opened as soon as they parked. The TREX people then boarded off the mini-vans with their luggages and they excitedly entered the premise as a tall, smart looking man welcomed them by the door. Few who entered the house took an intense look at the latter, causing curiosity to pop up in their heads. However, his face deemed somewhat familiar, like they had seen him before. Roundness of his slightly tanned face and with that deep shade of brown eyes made him, aside from being too good to look at, strangely familiar. That curiousity about to die down as Choi Sooyoung finally exited the van.

The soon to be President to the TREX company was lifting her belonging when her eyes set on the man, who now descended the stone steps and approached her. Choi Sooyoung expressed excitement at the sight of him. “Oppa!” She put him into an immediate embrace, leaned forward him a little as he raised her off her feet. Behind her, just about to get out of the vehicle, the remaining fashion desginers looked on at the reuniting pair, confusion settled on their faces. But their confusion didn’t last long the moment the man let go of the soon to be TREX President.

Hwang Tiffany was the first to notice. “Choi Soo-ssi?”

The man, goes by the name of Choi Soo, diverted his warming brown eyes over to the two fashion designers with a trademark Choi smile. He then moved towards them, away from Choi Sooyoung, and gave them a low bow. “It’s been a while.” His voice was thickened with accent he probably had picked up from studying aboard. It made his appearance even more charming, more exotic. Choi Soo was as tall as Choi Sooyoung, perhaps few centimetres taller, but his physique was as broad as a lead actor. His shirt fitted so tight to his frame, it accentuated his toned arms and chest. If he decided to be a part of TREX Company, he might as well become a model. He might even beat Im Yoong.  

This man’s a family. He’s Choi Sooyoung’s twin brother. It was evident in the way he smiled at Kim Hyoyeon and Hwang Tiffany. “Didn’t expect to see me here, huh?” he started, staring at them with merriment. “Trust me, I didn’t expect it either. I was supposed to be back next month but looks like my schedule got pushed early.”

“Great to see you two again, Hyoyeon-ah…” Choi Soo bowed at the blonde haired woman, who still can’t digest his company there. “Fany-ah.” He turned to the woman who stood behind Hyoyeon. Dissimilar to Hyoyeon’s reaction, Tiffany was glaring at him, though keeping it to a minimum for now. Understanding the response he received from the top fashion designer, Choi Soo turned to his twin and decided to help her with her belongings. Sooyoung was still excitedly over the arrival of her brother that she couldn’t stop asking him what he had brought for her from his overseas stay. As the Choi twin went inside the house, Kim Hyoyeon immediately turned to her best friend.

“I know what you gonna say. Save it, Fany-ah.” Hyoyeon started, now alarmed of the fact of how furious Hwang Tiffany looked. “This is our vacation. Remember, this is our vacation. Just ignore the guy and you’ll be fine.’

Tiffany turned to her friend. “This is not a vacation. This is hell.” She picked up her luggage and stomped her way inside the house while Hyoyeon rushed after her, hoping nothing terrible will happen.

Well, as for the other girl who had been a uneasy day, Yoon Bora, well, she decided to take a walk. She went out the front as Tiffany went in.

“I’m going out for a sec.” she told them, without even dare to look at who she was talking. “Don’t wait up.”

“Oh ok…” Tiffany responded. She retreated to the front door and decided to watch her fellow peer strolled down the front pebbles-covered lawn, arms hugging her figure as the cardigan hung loose against her figure. ‘… strange…” Quickly, Tiffany called for Hyoyeon. “Go with her, Hyo.”

The latter looked back, unsure. “How about Choi Soo? Can you handle him?”

“I’ll manage. Just go with Bora.”

“Alright. You just stay away from Soo.’

“I know. I know. Just go after Bora.”

 

**********

The silence was abnormal. Coming from him, it was abnormal. Dim yellow light illuminated the button on the side and the elevator went up. Kwon Seohyun with her luggage gripped tight and Im Yoong, who had been leaning against the wall with his head down, stayed there with no more words exchanged. Chime of music played faintly inside the elevator was the only sound heard. It strange how having Kwon Seohyun there doesn’t affect him. He didn’t show fear in any way at all. Before the trip, Im Yoong feared for his life. The reason behind it was Kwon Yul issued a warning. Yoong was scared by what the fire-fighter would do to him. But now, nothing seems to bother him.

Loud ‘ping’ was heard and the elevator door slide open. Im Yoong motioned the way out to Kwon Seohyun, who then bowed to him, silently thanking him. Out on the floor where most of the TREX employees stayed for the trip; Yoong led the way, moving slowly to his right and then forwards. Silence was expected at this moment but Im Yoong decided to speak up, in a tone of voice that so unlike his wild personality.

Over his shoulder, gazing at the younger Kwon sibling from the corner of his eyes, he started, “I’m sorry for causing you all those trouble back at the party, Seohyun-ah. I wasn’t thinking right.” He sighed.”I guess I was jealous of your brother. I mean, he got all those spotlights on him, it kinda makes me wanna do something bigger.”

“By using me?” Seohyun pointed out. “You know, there’s other way of doing it.”

Yoong stopped abruptly, nearly causing Kwon Seohyun, who was walking behind, to collide with him. The latter stepped back fast and straightened up. She looked up at the model.

“Again.” Yoong said slowly. He then turned around to face her and drew out, “I’m sorry.”

There was something different in the way he looked at her. Seohyun noticed it, clearer this time. Im Yoong looked lost, hurt even. He was nothing like the Im Yoong who tried to get to know her back at the café in Seoul or even the Im Yoong at the party or technically, the hyper Im Yoong known in general. It was strange. Did something out of the ordinary happened during their couple days stay at this resort?

Yoong’s voice broke Seohyun wandering thoughts.

“We’re here.” The model then took out his card, swiped it against the doorhandle and a click was heard. He opened the door, letting the younger Kwon inside first. “You can stay with your brother if you like. I’ll just stay with one of the guys down the hall and—“

All of a suddenly, an ugly cry had the hotel in an eerie atmosphere. Both Yoong and Seohyun froze on the spot and looked at each other. Yoong was about to speak when Seohyun put her palm over his mouth. The model glared at her, trying to push her hand away. Seohyun was persistent. She pressed her index against her lips and looked at him sternly. Once the model gave up, the younger Kwon slowly retrieved her hand and let her grip loose from her luggage. The cry was still there, rising up and down in volume. It was almost animal-like. However, it instantly sounded human like when the cry lingered around a word.

“Why…. Why….. Oh why….” Expressed the crying sound. Yoong and Seohyun shared another look. “Why… Why would you do this… this scene… why!”

“Scene?” Yoong and Seohyun whispered in unison. No longer thinking it was necessary to wait, both hurried deeper into the hotel room and were in total shock to find Kwon Yul crying his eyes out while watching a drama on television. Tissues were all over the floor along with two empty boxes filled up the trash bin under the desk by the television set.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Seohyun spoke up, concerned for the well being of her brother. She pulled out few tissues out of the box her brother was hugging and wiped off his damp face. But that only made the older Kwon to cry out more.

“Why… why would she do that, Seo-yah!” Kwon Yul wailed, jabbing his hand towards the television.

“Huh?” Yoong let out. Again. Yoong and Seohyun shared a look. And then, they turned to the television and saw a kissing scene took place between two actors. It was from a drama called ‘Wild Romance’ and the scene was…

“Why… why… our SNSD Jessica does this scene… why!” wailed Kwon Yul again.

Stupid…

Crying of a fanboy soon ceased and was placed with a groan of pain as Kwon Seohyun swung her mighty fist at her brother’s head. The impact was so great; the sound of it beat the sound a body being slammed to the floor at a wrestling match. Ridiculousness of her brother was often seen by Kwon Seohyun and it made her furious to see how he even dared to do it in such situation. She wondered why Yul didn’t asked why she was there. Witnessing it all, Im Yoong pressed his side against the wall, frozen up by the loud smack. He blinked his eyes at the Kwon siblings and even wondered maybe this was how the two siblings behave arondeach other normally. Dysfunctional siblings maybe?

Kwon Yul was rolling on his bed clutching his head, his groan muffled by the mattress. Kwon Seohyun, on the other hand, stood up and turned off the television, still fuming. Her brother then sprang up from the bed, rubbed his head and pouted at the younger Kwon. “Seo-yah… why… I thought Seo-yah really really care about oppa… why do you hurt oppa…”

“Cuz’ you’re acting like an idiot! That’s why I hit you, Yul oppa.” Seohyun verbalized, arms crossed. “Ugh, seriously, oppa. You’re just… oh forget it.” The younger Kwon finally gave up.

Once the situation settled down, Yoong pushed off the wall and slowly made his way between the Kwon siblings. ‘I don’t want to be rude but… is this normal?”

“What’d you think?”Both Kwon replied at the same time.

Yoong stepped back. “Don’t hurt me.”

Meanwhile down below at the front of the resort, just driving in to the place…

 “Hyung, did you get it?”

At last, the Danshin duo arrived at the resort where their best friend, Kwon Yul, stayed with the TREX Company. After paying the taxi fare, they then carried their luggage off the sidewalk. Both Lee Soonkyu and Kim Taeng then entered the main entrance hall of the resort, greeted by its employees warmly. The journey from Seoul had the duo worn out. And their mission was still far from even got started. Approaching the receptionist counter, Lee Soonkyu handled the matter while Kim Taeyeon found a seat to rest his weary self. He sighed happily at the feel of the comfortable armchair. He shifted his frame against the cushion, now clutching a small pillow to his head, acting as if he was at home. He doesn’t even care about the weirded out gazes casted upon him.

His comfortable pursuit of the furniture immediately cut shot. Few minutes later, Soonkyu joined him, flipping a card key between his fingers. He watched his best friend for a moment before he kicked his friend lightly at his shin. “Come on hyung, get your up. You can rest upstairs.”

Kim Taeyeon, who was making too much of a comfort on the chair, groaned as he slowly slid the pillow off his face. A mope was seen, to which Lee Soonkyu hurriedly ignored.

Soonkyu kicked the latter’s shin again. “Yah! Taengoo-ah! Get up!”

“In a minute.”

Consequently, Soonkyu ended up giving up to the one half of the Danshin Duo. He gradually sat down on the couch and let out a yawn. It was a tiring plan. Coming out here at Jeju, out of the blue – well, this time was to bringback Kwon Seohyun – it was totally a bizarre change of course in the life of the three best friends. It fascinated Soonkyu how these changes happened in such short time. As if there was something in between that acted as a catalyst. First of it all, there was the moment where Kwon Yul put himself into a huge trouble with one hotshot fashion designer. Next to this was how one of the TREX model, Im Yoong, decided to take an interest in Kwon Yul’s sister, Seohyun. Right in the midst of this, there was that up and down situation between Lee Soonkyu and Jung Jessica, the writer plus Sherbets‘ regular customer. And then, well, fromwhat Soonkyu gathered from Kim Taeng – who gotten his bits of news from his reliable source, Kim Hyoyeon – there was some unusual moments went on between Kwon Yul and his temporary boss, Hwang Tiffany. So many changes in such a short time. It was indeed fascinating. And now, Soonkyu couldn’t help but think about something else.

Hyosung was back.

All Soonkyu could do at this moment was sigh and pray that things would go better.

**********

“I cannot believe this!” Hwang Tiffany heaved out. She quickly locked the door behind herm safely dragged her and Hyoyeon’s luggages into a room they shared in the pension house. Her grasps on the handle slowly loosened as Tiffany unconsciously dragged her feet against the wooden floor. Tiffany bit her lower lip hard trying to hold back her frustration until she slumped onto the bed, face first. She grabbed anything beyond her reach, grabbed them and infuriatingly screamed.

Nothing was going right under her supervision nowadays. First it was Kwon Yul, that stupid fireman and now, the man who had her heart hooked to bad and left it hanging was back. That man was Choi Sooyoung’s twin brother, Choi Soo. It’s like everything that meddled with her life was about to destroy her.

Tiffany raised her head from the bed. “He’s not supposed to be here.” She brooded. “Is the universe trying to punish me or something?” Sitting up now, she then got up from the bed and headed to the window. Outside, she saw few of her peers gathering around, preparing for a barbeque party that Choi Sooyoung be hopeful of, well, this pension house was her idea. Everyone was walking around, fixing tables and chairs. Few were by the barbeque grill, heating it up by stuffing in more firewood. The remaining was chatting excitedly by the side of the grill, cutting and preparing the meats. Hyoyeon and Bora were nowhere in the bunch. It seemed like they were still out.

Then there was a knock on the door. Soon after, a voice that deemed so familiar started to call Tiffany’s name. To the fashion designer’s relief, the voice surely did not belong to a man. Turning over her shoulder, to her surprise, one of her best friend, Jung Jessica, was standing at the door peeking in. As the two had their gazes met, they quickly got into an embrace.

“Hope we’re not late.” Jung Jessica drew out.

Tiffany turned to her and smiled. “We’re just got here not too long ago. The others were busy outside toset things up.’

“Yeah, I saw them.” The latter replied. But then, her expression changed a bit. “Did you know Choi Soo’s here too?”

“It’s a nightmare, Sica-yah.” Tiffany groaned.

“But why? I thought he’s not coming back until next couple of months.”

Tiffany shrugged. “I just need to stay away from him. I don’t want to be in the same place as him. I don’t want it to happen again after what he had done.”

Tiffany and Choi Soo… a past that need to be avoid. It’s easier said than done especially the man who responsible to toy with this fashionista’s heart was there.

 

 

Author's Note:

2014 is coming. Are you guys ready for it? I know I am.

Update will be up soon. Thank you so much for staying with me even though I'm at updating. I get distracted too easily lately hahahaha. But I am planning to give you a quality update. Wish me luck. :D

Thanks forthe subscribers and commentors and also whoever vote this story. Thank you so much.