Chapter 15

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 15

Enwrapped with grinding scent of coffee beans, delightfulness of pastries and puffs and the light jazz playing through small speakers hung up at the four corners of the place; the place was as perfect as it would get. Also, as the numbers of customer had gotten lesser by the minutes, peace was gained and it had given the Chef and the Author – who had been sitting at the far corner of the coffee shop – the opportunity to converse without any restriction. Light warmth of the coffee shop was perfect even when the Chef’s coat had clad the frame of the Author.

A waiter then arrived. He stopped at their table and uttered, “I’ll have your red velvet cake ready in a moment.” Lifting the tray downward carefully, the waiter then picked up one cup of vanilla latte and placed it in front of the Sherbet’s Chef. And then, the cup of cappuccino right by the purse of Author Jung. He bowed his head at them before walking off.

Jung Jessica lifted the cup to her lips and took a sip. It was a perfect as she wants it. Though none as unique as the one back the Sherbet, it’ll still enough. Over her cup of cappuccino, she slowly trailed her deep brown orbs to the right. The sight of the Sherbet’s Chef seemed so surreal to her. She was actually sitting with him, with no issue from anything at all. She couldn’t believe her luck. It was only yesterday when she seen him and then taste his cooking at the comfort of her home and now, this. However, what she expected to be filled with butterflies and Sakura petals, she could not deny that there was something different about Lee Soonkyu.

He was not looking at him. For most of the time at the coffee shop, probably for about nearly two hours now, she just watched him playing with the tissues, folding them into origami. Maybe this was a mistake, she thought, turning back to her cup of cappuccino.

“This is for you.” The Sherbet’s Chef’s voice uttered softly at her side. Jessica put her cup down and saw a panda shaped tissue by the saucer. She stared at it for a moment. “I’m not really good in starting conversation,” she heard the later added, “If I did start to, it’ll be total nonsense.” Jessica picked up the panda shaped origami, with its black marker painted nose and observed the greatness of it. She smiled. “I guess you understand why sometimes I’m always at the back. Shinyoung noona is responsible for that.”

Jessica turned to him. “Am I hard to get along with, Soonkyu-ssi?”

“No, you’re—you’re great. I like having you around. At the Sherbet, wait uh…” The Sherbet’s Chef quickly shook his head. “Not that I’m saying it like that. That I like you better being at the Sherbets it…no, that’s not what I’m trying to say… it’s just, I uh… It’s just, well; I’m more of a doer than a talker.”

The latter chuckled, setting the panda origami down by her purse. “You do realize that you’re more of a talker right now.”

“I—I am?”

“… Yeah.”

“Am I making sense at all?”

Jessica shook her head. The latter let his gaze down, his fingers fiddling with another tissue paper, on the verge to spend the next minutes making who knows what kind of animal it’ll be. Seeing this won’t be any better, Jung Jessica seized the tissue papers and the small basket filled of it and placed them at the edge of the table. The Chef, now looking so dazed, with his fingers hang mid-air, turned to the Author and managed an awkward grin. Jessica observed that rather adorable look on his face and let out a laugh. Soonkyu, on the other hand, dropped his gaze as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

The waiter from before then approached the pair, delivering the slice of red velvet cake. He placed the plate down, also neatly settled the forks on top of a triangle folded tissue before walking off again.

**********

“He’s drunk! Get him home!”  ordered Choi Sooyoung. In the VIP room, Im Yoong was on the couch, pathetically moving about. One point he was sitting on the armrest, next he was jumping and the third, he fell off to the back of the couch before getting up again. He was shouting, ‘MAN THE SAILS!’

Sooyoung had seen her friend drunk before and it had been such a normal sight to her.  All things were so unusual from what the public perceived of the sophisticated and nation prized hallyu star. Not that this was a big thing. However, to some extent the illusion of Im Yoong being the prim and proper man must be kept on top. Think of what the company will face when the headlines, ‘Im Yoong’s 101 to soju-bombs’ or ‘Soju Yoong Im,’ got out.  The humiliation, aside from sponsors from liquor companies, will be horrendous.

Im Yoong’s manager was talking on the phone, with hurried voice, as he walked about the VIP room. He had been trying to get the securities to get the back door clear from any tabloid reporters. Since the news of Im Yoong declaring that he has a girlfriend hit the tabloid site, more reports ambushed the building hoping to get more scandalous headlines.

A pair of personal bodyguards entered the VIP room and one of them approached their boss, Cho Sooyoung. “How is it doing down there?” she asked in a low voice, hoping the drunk model wouldn’t noticed. She really shouldn’t think hard about it though. The man’s drunk. The bodyguard shook his head and replied, “I think we need the police to help us out with this, VP. It’s not getting good by the second.”

“Darn it, Yoong.” Sooyoung mumbled, looking over her shoulder and watched Yoong fell off the couch again. She quickly turned to her bodyguard and said, “Having them here will distract more attention. This will not be just a company party; it’ll be a crime scene investigation. Just gather up your crew and handlethem in the most ‘polite’ way as possible and when I mean ‘polite’—“

The bodyguard smirked. “We got it boss. We will be ‘polite’.”

“Make it happen.” Sooyoung lastly added, before the bodyguards left the VIP room. Out they went, in went Kim Hyoyeon. Sooyoung turned to her and asked, “How’s Kwon Seohyun?”

“Furious.” Hyoyeon stated, shaking her head. “Krystal is trying to calm her down. She’s quite ok for now but we need to do something the other Kwon.”

“What’d you mean?”

“He’s… angry.”

“I’m sure everyone is, Hyoyeon-ah. The party of the year is over and fangirls all over the world are mourning for Im Yoong.” Sooyoung pointed out. The latter shook her head. “Ok, how’s mad is the guy?”

“Where is he?”

Both Sooyoung and Hyoyeon shared a look. They then turned to the VIP room door and found Kwon Yul, with this unusually serious look on his face. Hyoyeon described him to be ‘angry’ but judging by the look of it, from Sooyoung’s point of view, the fire-fighter looked rather calm about it. “Don’t judge the book by the cover, Sooyoung-ah.” Hyoyeon uttered to the VP. The latter looked at the fashion designer. “He’s about to erupt.”

**********

Lee Soonkyu held the door as Jung Jessica made her way out of the coffee shop. They then walked on, side by side, along the side-walk as one of them carefully carried a takeaway box. Thinking that they had been away from the fashion show for such a long time, someone would’ve noticed it by now that both of them were not there celebrating with them. So, before getting themselves called up by their respective friends, it’ll be better to head out first. This sudden meeting of theirs could’ve gotten longer but seeing that what they’ve done was sitting in silence and engaged in a rather awkward conversation, it’d be better to move on and get back to the TREX.

They may voice out that they should head back fast but their footsteps stated otherwise. Both were taking their time. Heel to toe, heel to toe; it’ll be one long trip. Turning his head a little to the side, observing how the Author was walking so elegantly, Soonkyu said, “I’m sorry if this isn’t turning out the way you wanted.” He smiled. “I think I should take a course in Socializing 101. Seohyun kept telling me that there’s one back at her school. Don’t know if she’s joking about it but if it real, I’ll take my chance.”

The latter nodded and smiled. But she didn’t say anything. Soonkyu cleared his throat and continued, “But knowing Seohyun, she’ll never lie to me… just like her brother, both never lie to me. They are definitely the best brother sister duo. Yul may at some point be able to be such a goof but that man is an incredible person. He can handle things in a professional way, no matter what kind of consequences he’s in.”

Jung Jessica replied. “I see.” The Sherbet’s Chef then continued, “My best friend, Kim Taeng, he’s a great guy too… he uh, in same profession as Yul and he is one…”

Not liking this in any way more, though finding it silly to watch the Chef trying his best to talk more; Jung Jessica hurried over to his side, stopping him mid-way. Greeted by those startling wide brown eyes of the Chef, Jessica moved nearer and bravely does what she normally would not do to anyone in any time at all.

Hands placed on the Chef’s face, halted him from his silly chatter; Author Jung then leaned in, silenced him once and for all with her lips against his. One thing she always wanted to do. She couldn’t believe that she was this brave. Though she was scared of what she had done, the outcome to this was tremendous. Scent of his cologne dabbed around his collar to the dryness of his short thick hair, Jessica had let her mind wandered wild. The feel of his full lips against hers made her shake. Ignoring passer-bys who were starting to stare at them, she parted her lips slightly and captured his lips once more. It was tender and the feel of her so close to the Chef was so dreamlike.

The way how small her hands were against his face and the short intake of air in between, Soonkyu were in awe. Still, Soonkyu was frozen still by the gesture. Not that he dislike it. He likes it so much. He actually was hoping to be the first to initiate this but the Author beat him to it. He guessed that he shouldn’t be worry about his feelings anymore because he now knew it was reciprocated. He could feel his lips curved into a silly grin. His eyes began to flutter to a shut and his grip around the takeaway box slowly weakened. It fell to the ground. Jessica, startled by the box, pulled away and looked down. “Ah, the cake, its—“Now, it’s her time to get surprised. Her eyes shot wide this time when she felt Soonkyu’s hands gently held her face, pulling her close to his where he captured her lips with his full ones. The soft brush of his nose against her cheek, the tender movement of his lips against hers made her feel light-headed. Her heart was thumping loud and hard against her rib-cage. She immediately falls into it. Her hands roamed up his chest, seized a handful of his shirt and pulled him in, deepening the kiss. She could even feel his lips smiling.

Before this could go on longer, familiar ringtones were heard and the pair reluctantly pulled away to answer the call. Flushed by what they were doing, the pair stepped away a little, trying to gather themselves. The phones still ringing. Jung Jessica pushed strand of hair off her face and exhaled. She quickly pulled her phone from her purse. Lee Soonkyu, on the other hand, was smiling to himself as he fished out his phone.

“Taeng hyung, what’s up?” greeted Lee Soonkyu, noting the call was from his best friend.

“Krystal?” responded Jessica, upon noting the ID number was her sister. She picked up the call and said, “I’m out by the café, I’ll come back to get you, ok… huh, what?”

“What!?” shouted Soonkyu. He then moved over to the Author as he continued, “We’re coming over, hyung, just tie him up or something.” Call disconnected, takeaway box picked up, Soonkyu hurried to Jessica, whom received the similar distress call. She turned to the Chef.

“Kwon Yul is—“ she started.

“I know.” Soonkyu replied. “We need to hurry.”

Soonkyu was about to dash off when Jessica stopped him halfway by planting her hand on the latter’s arm. Feeling the tug, the Chef turned to her quickly and wondered what she was trying to do or say. Well, she surprised him. A kiss on his cheek made him speechless. As he gazed to her, a smile greeted him followed by the intertwined of her fingers to his. “Let’s go.” She uttered, moving forth now while Soonkyu followed by, letting the Author leading the way back to the TREX.

Meanwhile, out by the curb of the opposite street, Jessica's fiance, Woosung had witnessed the enitre event. His hands gripped tight on the steering wheel. 

"What are you gonna do now?" asked the woman at the passenger seat. Woosung turned to Hyosung and smirked.

"He's gonna get it, alright. I get Sherbet for this."

**********

Tables overturned. Chocolate fountain ended up being a pool of goodness onto the wooden floor. Empty bottles smashed everywhere and it all was done by the drunkard Im Yoong, who was stumbling around the place, trying to get away from the serial killer mode of Kwon Yul. Well, Im Yoong actually thinks he was like a serial killer. Still not sober, Yoong made his way, falling down few times along the way, back inside the VIP room and hid behind the couch. Choi Sooyoung, who was following her biggest money maker, was shaking her head at such act by the model. She then turned to the fire-fighter who was approaching the couch and said, “Are you sure you’re not mad, Yul-ssi?”

The fire-fighter said nothing. This made the VP restless. Well, at least the reporters were out of the party before this ridiculous scenario took place.

Kim Taeng entered the room, keeping a close eye on his best friend while Hyoyeon and Luna looked on, standing behind him. “Why is he not attacking?” asked Hyoyeon.

“He’s warming up. Kind of his way to start a fight, shake the opponent up and then, it’ll start.” Taeng explained. He quickly turned over his shoulder, to the empty door. No Soonkyu in sight. “Where is Soonkyu? I can’t handle this on my own!”

“STAY AWAY FROM ME!! NOT MY FACE!” Cried Im Yoong, now up against the corner of the room. His legs died on him and he was down to the floor. Yoong then started to crawl away to the side but his long legs were his biggest advantage as Kwon Yul hurriedly reached down and pulled the scared male model by the legs. The latter shrieked. Choi Sooyoung hid her face in embarrassment. Yul then dragged the model to the center of the room and let Yoong’s leg go. The latter stared up, slowly got to his feet.

Yoong then bravely put his fists up, threatening the fire-fighter as he moved his fists back and forth in circular motion. Kwon Yul, expressionless, cracked up his knuckles and put on a stance of his own. He then said, “Do you know what kind of mess you got yourself into, kiddo?”

“W-what kind of t-t-trouble?” Yoong managed, still keeping his fists up.

Kwon Yul smirked. “You just mess with a Kwon, Im Yoong, should I even tell you what happen if you mess with a Kwon?”

“W-what h-h-happen?”

Kwon Yul then charged forward, threw a fake jab at the heath throb model – making the latter cowered in fear – and had him in a headlock. The other in the room started to move but Kim Taeng held them back. Kwon Yul held Im Yoong tightly with his arm around his neck and whispered, “You’re on my hit list kid. You can mess with me all you want but you’re just barking up the wrong tree when you mess with my sister. “ Yoong struggled but Yul tightened his grip. “I’m gonna let you go as a warning because I know beating the hell out of you won’t solve anything so I’m gonna give you a chance.”

“Anything! I’ll do anything!” Yoong squeaked.

“Fix this!” Yul hissed, before throwing the scared model down to the floor. “You got that, Im Yoong? If you don’t, I know where to find you. I’ll have you in my radar 24/7… I don’t care if you hired some bodyguards, I will make sure I’ll come to you, keeping you heads up on what you gotta do. GOT THAT!”

Yoong nodded wildly. “Yes! Yes! I will!”

“Good.” Kwon Yul uttered. He then headed over to the VP and added, “Count me in on that trip, I have an unfinish to deal with, if you don’t mind.”Choi Sooyoung nodded. “Good. See you then.”

At the door, Hwang Tiffany appeared, startled to find her model down at the floor unscratched and turned to Kwon Yul. “Did you—“ the latter interjected her.

He said, “See you on the holiday, Tiffany-ssi,” and made his exit.

“I was expecting some bloodbath,” Kim Taeng filled up the silence, earning confused stares from the TREX VP and fashion designers. Taeng turned to Yoong and said, “You’re one lucky guy but don’t count your blessing just yet, you’re in for one hell of a ride. I wish you luck.”

Im Yoong whimpered.

 

Author's Note:

Update in 6-7 days. Sorry for the slight delay. Assignments keeping me busy and I have a major presentation next week. Don't forget to write down you feedbacks. Eash of them counts to the storyline ^__^ annnnnd big shoutouts to the new subcribers! Yeay! Welcome aboard! Hope you have a pleasant stay here at BD cruise. <3