Chapter 17

Beautiful Disaster

Chapter 17

Inside her sky blue painted bedroom with the ceiling decorated with numerous puffy white clouds; Kwon Seohyun was leaning her back against the bedstead of her clam purple coloured bed as she scroll down one tabloid site to another. So far, the same story regarding Im Yoong and the ‘mystery girl’ had been the top issue and judging from the comments, there seemed like it won’t be stopping any time soon. Seohyun exhaled and put her laptop aside, right next to her piles of books. Her weary brown eyes then trailed upward and stared at the cloudy ceiling. She exhaled again.

Alright, here’s the deal. You see, ever since this whole scandal broke out to the media, ‘ruining’ her, Kwon Seohyun couldn’t help but wonder why Im Yoong approaches her in the first place. During the party, Seohyun thought, there were dozens of beautiful women there who will be better suited with the male model slash teen heartthrob. The man might as well hit things up with Jung Krystal, Seohyun’s good friend. But instead, Im Yoong chose her. Her. Kwon Seohyun. A college senior. A studious girl. Someone who rather stay at home than go out and wonder what skirt would look nice with her blouse. Her.

In another point of view, Seohyun think that the reason why Im Yoong was interested in her was that her brother, Kwon Yul, stole the model’s limelight. Well, that was a bit silly seeing how Im Yoong had been a model for a while now and Kwon Yul was just there volunteering. He shouldn’t be like that. He really shoudn’t. In another point… it couldn’t be so. No way. Jung Krystal even warned her to NOT fall for his tricks. It was just his ego playing. Just that. But why is it starting to bother her somehow, just somehow that—

“Seohyun-ah.” Came Kim Taeng’s voice from her bedroom door. Dropping her gaze down, she quickly sat up straight and try to put on a smile. A fake one was seen and it made the fire-fighter sighed. “Dinner is ready.” The latter added.

Kwon Seohyun nodded. But that alone was not enough to calm the fire-fighter’s worries for her. Eventually, he entered the room and sat on the edge of the youngest Kwon’s bed and looked at her. Seohyun, quickly closed her laptop not wanting Taeng to see what she had been doing, sat up and try to occupy herself by arranging the books she piled up on her bed. Pens back into her Barbara Twiggy pencil case, along with her green and purple highlighters and plastic ruler. Kim Taeng, on the other hand, just watched her with his hands folded on his lap. He then picked up a book on ‘The Actor in You’ and started to flip through it. He put it down. “You need to eat, Seohyun-ah. Your brother is working on this. Don’t worry.”

“I know,” Seohyun saw the point of it all. The fire-fighter kept saying it, over and over, and it was starting to annoy Seohyun. Then again, his purpose was purely for her sake, to calm her. She looked up at the fire-fighter, smiling slightly, and said, “You don’t need to keep saying it, oppa, I get it. I’ll managed.” With that, Seohyun got up from her bed and headed to the door, disappearing behind it. Kim Taeng, still sitting on the bed, eventually rose to his feet and followed the youngest Kwon.

Out into the small aisle leading to the living room and to the kitchen, Taeng saw Seohyun now at the dining table, starting to eat the steaming hot kimchi stew and egg rolls. Just when he was about to join her, his phone which had been staying put on the coffee table, started to buzz against the surface before playing a loud ringtone alerting its owner. Taeng picked it up and found out it was a text from Kwon Yul.

How’s Hyunie? I’m trying my part here, hyung, but the kid is not giving up. Yet. Now, I’m trying a different approach. Do keep an eye on our Seohyun. Stay with her. I will call tomorrow.

  • K.Yul

Taeng clicked on the reply button and wrote:

Seohyun is alright. She’s eating well. A bit worried about her still but the girl is getting better. Just don’t kill the guy, donsaeng-ah. I don’t want Hwang the Terrible beating you up for messing with her model.

  • Taeng

Walking down the corridor, putting on his hand-picked attires by Kim Hyoyeon; Kwon Yul was moving into the elevator as he received a text from his best friend. He quickly replied to with a huge smile at the end and put it into his pocket. Looking up, now staring at himself at the reflection on the reflective door, he lifted his fingers up to his collar and ed it. It was too tight for him, though he was thankful for Hyoyeon’s help. Well, he could’ve worn his usual pair of jeans and t-shirt but seeing this was the company first dinner at the resort, he must wear decent. And by mean decent, dashing as if there will be red carpet leading up to the dining hall. He shouldn’t think of it too soon.

Out the elevator, moving to the right of the grand hallway, Kwon Yul was quickly greeted by waiters, who then escorted him to the dining hall. There weren’t any red carpet but as soon as he was inside the dining hall, it was like having dinner with the royalty. Candles were lit; illuminating the hall with shade of dull yellow and the chandelier up above was set in low mellow tone making the dining experience very extravagant-like. On the long table, he could see the fashion designers and models all gathered, chatting so happily as their wine glass clinks. At the end of the table, TREX President, Ji Sukjin, was sipping his drink as he saw Kwon Yul entered the dining hall. He got up to his feet and spread out his arms. “Come over, Kwon Yul, have a seat, we’re about to begin.” Next to him, his niece, Choi Sooyoung, looking very radiant in a short yellow summer dress, turned her head to her side and motioned the fire-fighter at the empty seat next to her. Kwon Yul finally settled down. “I hope your stay is great so far, am I right?” asked Ji Sukjin.

“Yeah,” Kwon Yul smiled, “It’s been great.”

“Great to hear that, Yul-ssi.” Ji Sukjin replied, taking another sip of his wine. He then pour more wine into his glass and added, “this is how your life is going to be if you sign the contract to be a part of TREX. I know you have commitment with the fire department but don’t hesitate to join us.”

Kwon Yul grinned. Beside him, Choi Sooyoung reached out and took the half-empty bottle of wine away and passed it to the waiter. “Samchon, that’s enough wine for you.” The latter shook his head.

“Ah look! Our ladies of the hour are here!” the President pointed out, spilling little bit of the wine. Sooyoung quickly took the glass away and helped her uncle down to his seat. While she was busy trying to calm her uncle down, Kwon Yul diverted his attention to the door as two women walked in. At the front of the pair, letting her long blonde hair resting to her shoulder, Kim Hyoyeon strutted into the dining hall in a sparkly golden dress that matched her hair. The dress clad well to her frame, showing off her fit physique. Behind her, which Kwon Yul unconsciously starting to stare was Hwang Tiffany. Her theme for the night was black. Her knee length dress, clad against her curvaceous (which Yul described since the afternoon) figure, complimented her slightly tanned skin and with her classic pumps, it made her look tall and slender. Yul wondered why she didn’t take up the job of being a model instead. Well, she possessed the assets to be one. Wait, did Kwon Yul noticed her ‘assets’? Snap out of it!

Hwang Tiffany sat down opposite of Kwon Yul, who was still staring at her. The fashion designer put down her clutch, pushing off her hair from her face, revealing a soft made-up face with shining glossed lips and blush on her rosy cheek. She caught Yul staring. The latter forced a smile, which Tiffany did as well.

“Time for dinner!” announced the half drunk president, who just managed to get a hold of another glass of wine.

“Samchon!”

**********

Meanwhile…

“Here’s what you want, Seong Woosung-ssi,” said a middle-aged lawyer, throwing a file onto the coffee table, as he took a mouthful of beer. Sitting by, with his legs on the coffee table, the business man put down his bottle of beer and sat up straight. One quick flick, he opened the file and smirked at the thick content. “These are everything you asked, all the estates, the tenants, the rents, everything…” the lawyer continued, “I guessed you have plan for them?”

Woosung leaned, drinking up his beer, “A huge project that will not benefit me but also you, Nam Hyuk-ssi, if you’re up to be my partner again.”

The latter smirked. “You know my procedure, Woosung-ssi, my standards, I’m not going to let it go cheaper this time especially when you handle the business.”

“If its money you are worried about,” Woosung started, “don’t go there. I’ll make sure to give you triple this time, my friend.”

“That is my kind of number.”

“Happens to be mine too.” Woosung smirked. “Now, all I want for you to do is to make sure there will be no trouble.”

“Consider it done.” The lawyer affirmed, “Where should I start?”

Looking through the files again, Woosung flicked through until he stopped onto a contract of a restaurant. He lifted the contract, showed it to his lawyer and smirked, “Get Sherbet for me and you will get four times more.”

**********

”Can’t I give you a ride home?” The Sherbet’s Chef asked for the third time, following the author out to the front of the restaurant. Their time was cut short when Jung Krystal called, saying that there’s something need to be done at home. Well, if the youngest Jung knows what her sister’s been doing, she might give them a time alone, longer. But, the thing is, this must be kept secret. It must, because, it’ll be … well, crazy seeing how Jessica was still engaged to her good for nothing fiancé. If she could break that one off, it’ll be easier.

Buttoning her coat, pulling her hair out letting it resting on her shoulder; Jung Jessica the spot and faced the Sherbet’s Chef. Lee Soonkyu was holding out a takeaway box, which the latter took from him. She grinned. Placing it down on a table nearby, Jessica moved in closer and whispered, “Just hang in there, Soonkyu, if Krystal finds out, she won’t be keeping it to herself.”

“Shame,” the Chef pouted. Reaching down, Soonkyu held her hands in his and said, “but I’m going to wait, just as you ask me too, I’ll be here, waiting.”

Jessica grinned, “I’m sorry our little date got cut short. There’ll be next time.”

“There will.” Not wanting for this to end in a weird moment, Soonkyu quickly leaned down and pecked her lips, which leaving the latter looked at him in surprised. He chuckled. The author dropped her head, trying to hide her crimson face. “Are you blushing?”

“No!” retorted Jung Jessica, quickly dropping his hands, picked up the takeaway box and hurried to the door. Before she could get out, she turned mid-way. “Tomorrow… same time.”

“I’ll make sure the place is empty.”

“Goodnight.”

“Drive safe.”

With that, the author exited the Sherbet and got into her car which she parked by the sidewalk. Soonkyu looked on, until the car disappeared to the corner. Sighing, the Chef turned back and settled down at the stool by the counter. Before he knows it, a bell above the front door was heard. “Did your sister told you to—“ he started, but when he the stool, he saw someone else instead. Instead of Jessica, it was Hyosung. He quickly got up, looking stern. “We’re closed.”

“Then you should’ve locked the door,” Hyosung pointed it out.

“I was about to.”

The latter smirked, “Well, you’re too late on that.”

“What’d you want?” Soonkyu put it out fast, not liking the idea of having his ex-girlfriend around at this hour. He crossed his arms and keeps his guard on alert, hoping that she would not do anything he will despise.

Hyosung took off her coat, placed it on a table nearby, revealing her mini dress. She pulled a chair our and sat on it, crossed legged. She looked up at the Chef and grinned. “I’m here to give you a warning.”

“What is it this time?” Soonkyu responded sternly.

Surprised by the firmness of his voice, Hyosung leaned forth, propped her elbow on her knee and replied, “Seong Woosung is up to no good. And he’s out to get those in his ways by making business out of it. This means you too.” She sighed. “He’s out to get Sherbet. I don’t know how but it won’t be pretty.”

“And I should trust you why?” The Chef pointed out his trust issue with his ex-girlfriend. Well, it always had been that way. Towards the end of their relationship, that is. Though, back then, Soonkyu was having a hard time to differentiate what was right and what was wrong. He was so much in love with her that it was lethal to his sense of what or who to believe.

Getting up from the chair, Hyosung slowly strutted towards the Chef, ran her hands up his arms before snaking them around his neck. She grinned, feeling how stiffed he was under her touch. She held him tight and whispered, “The only reason why you have to trust me is because you know how I work. I don’t lie on things like this, especially on what you love… Sherbet is in danger and Woosung is out to get you through Sherbet… tomorrow, someone will come and will check the place out. Give him hell.”

“Do I know this guy?”

“He’s the best lawyer around.” Hyosung added. “You’ll know him.” She let her hands down. “Look, I know you hate me, pretty sure you don’t want to see me hanging out here but know this, I still care about you. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Picking her coat, putting it on, Hyosung quickly turned to the Chef and continued, “Whether you like it or not, I’m still around for you, even if it’s not the same.” To the door, she seized the doorknob and added, “if only things will be the same and I didn’t do what I did, I’ll still say yes to you… Just be careful, oppa.”

Once she’s out the door, Lee Soonkyu sat down on the stool, sighed loudly and wondered what will happen tomorrow.

 

 

Author's Note:

Update in 7 days. HEELLLLO NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!! :D